Siemens 300

IfItsBrownFlushItDown

Hey don't apologize to me Iffy, I'm anxious too! It's always so hard to do this after an off week...but here it goes!

My pick for:

Chevy Driver- Jimmie Johnson. (only because he won here last year.)

Dodge Driver- Kasey Kahne. (hopefully during which he puts Stewart in the wall!)

Ford Driver- Matt Kenseth. (he always runs good here, and he's due for a win.)

My picks...DJ, Jeff Burton, and Jimmie Johnson.

Burton has been running pretty good lately and he used to just own this track, so I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him keep Johnson from winning 3 in a row at the track.

I HATE TNT!

Why? :blink: Don't you get TNT, or do you hate the coverage/announcers?

The announcers, ten times more commercials; just boring people doing it.

I kinda agree. I myself prefer the FOX announcers. Especially Darrell Waltrip. BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

I HATE TNT!

Why? :blink: Don't you get TNT, or do you hate the coverage/announcers?

The announcers, ten times more commercials; just boring people doing it.

I kinda agree. I myself prefer the FOX announcers. Especially Darrell Waltrip. BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Hell yea, DW, Larry Mac, Hammond, and the constant victim of dogging with Chris Myers.. they rocked! I'm not saying they're the best, but they made it very entertaining.

I mean Benny has gotten on my last damned nerve already.

I think I hate both equally bad. Damn I miss ESPN. Benny isn't half bad but he needs Ned Jarrett to help even him out. And what's his name Bestwick or whatever....Ugh, I hated him on the radio, he's even worse on TV...I hated the extra graphics they used on fox....Of course I don't like the Fox graphics for football games either. I think the biggest thing though is the bad camera angles the networks use, and forgetting there are 43 cars in the field....Not just 5, and both networks are bad about that...Hell I remember the NBC crew at Daytona all but ignoring Elliot Sadler when he was leading the race and went on to win. Plus not talking about what happens while they are away on yet another flipping commercial. I get the races commercial free here in NZ (yeah I like that) but it's normally in car camera stuff with no announcers, and both Fox and NBC half the time don't talk about things that are going on, hell I've seen guys lead the race, or battle hard, and if it isn't one of their favorites they ignore it....and it's only gonna get worse when the chase starts.

Great clean finish to the race. Well except for Dale Jarrett wrecking Rusty Wallace. Rusty ain't pissed at Dale, and that's a good thing. Probably just a mistake, because that's uncharacteristic if DJ. Even Rusty said so.

Heck...even Tony Stewart raced clean! I'm impressed! B)

Yea, the DJ / Rusty looks harmless. Rusty has had some serious bad luck this season. :lol:

Good race, horrible TV coverage.. I almost tuned out to watch a six month old re-run of Trading Spaces from all of the tv breaks. At one point, they were at commerical, came back to the race, and went right back to commercial. What the sam hell is that?

I do NOT like Benny, and the guy that does the main talking is about as dumb as a 4th grader. He kept on talking about his notes to let the viewers know where someone was before the pits. I'm sorry, but he should have this instantly memorized.. I think Mike Joy is far better than the tool on TNT! Actually, I think all of the Fox guys are way better than the TNT tools.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, and most of you know I never advertise my work here, however check out my post-race quick recap of the race. I haven't written a NASCAR piece yet, and was wondering what you guys thought.

http://www.joshkirkendall.com/blog/index.php

Thanks again to Kev for making it all happen.

You're welcome, and I liked the write up.

I have a question though. Do you have any stats on the green flag laps? I know you said 40%, and I can so believe (have I mentioned lately how much I miss ESPN's race coverage? ;) They hated green flag commercials)

I only ask because it would be interesting to do a comparison between the Fox and NBC/TNT broadcasts, then go to NASCAR and tell them to fix it. Yeah, like that will happen.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, and most of you know I never advertise my work here, however check out my post-race quick recap of the race.  I haven't written a NASCAR piece yet, and was wondering what you guys thought. 

http://www.joshkirkendall.com/blog/index.php

Thanks again to Kev for making it all happen.

You're welcome, and I liked the write up.

I have a question though. Do you have any stats on the green flag laps? I know you said 40%, and I can so believe (have I mentioned lately how much I miss ESPN's race coverage? ;) They hated green flag commercials)

I only ask because it would be interesting to do a comparison between the Fox and NBC/TNT broadcasts, then go to NASCAR and tell them to fix it. Yeah, like that will happen.

I don't have the entire race, but between laps 200-300 (when I was flipping out on Sunday about TNT) -- not including the 32 caution laps -- there were 6 commercial breaks missing a total about 27 green flag laps.

Maybe we should do a NASCAR broadcast study. For most of you, non-NASCAR fans, TNT is the equivalent of CBS during football season.

I don't have the entire race, but between laps 200-300 (when I was flipping out on Sunday about TNT) -- not including the 32 caution laps -- there were 6 commercial breaks missing a total about 27 green flag laps.

Maybe we should do a NASCAR broadcast study. For most of you, non-NASCAR fans, TNT is the equivalent of CBS during football season.

That's not a bad idea....I think the whole network contract NASCAR signed was a major mistake...I know it's helped grow the sport, and that's good. But surely they should have had some kind of say so in the broadcast....The networks extorting money from sponsers so they will say the name of the sponser when talking about the car is utter crap. I remember when Fox took over and weren't gonna even show the sponsers graphics on the car if they didn't pay up. Not calling a race the races name if the sponser didn't give over money...Never mind that they had aleady paid to sponser the race...Or worse yet, calling a race a different name when someone else gives the network money that the actual sponser didn't give them.

Wonder why some tracks don't have sponsered races anymore? Good thing the TV contract gives the tracks enough money that they don't need a sponser.

I won't even go into NASCAR having sponsers though...surely they are taking money from the teams that help make NASCAR what it is by taking sponser money themselves....It's a flipping load of rubbish and trust me, if it don't change it's gonna hurt NASCAR in the long term cause there will be less quality teams out there racing every week.