Bengals-Bucs Game Thread

HoosierCat

The inactive report/changes per Hobson:

The Bengals inactive list for Sunday's game against Tampa Bay followed last week's injury report to the letter when doubtful safety Roy Williams (knee) joined wide receiver Jordan Shipley (concussion) and defensive lineman Jon Fanene (hamstring) on the Paul Brown Stadium sidelines.

On Wednesday, defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer said he would shuffle players to revive a dormant pass rush and on Sunday he did when he gave Michael Johnson the start at right end over Antwan Odom. With Williams iced, Chinedum Ndukwe made his first start of the season and 26th of his career.

With Shipley down, wide receiver Jerome Simpson was up for the second time this year and fourth time time in the past two years. Anthony Collins, left tackle Andrew Whitworth's backup, was inactive for the second straight week. Running back Cedric Peerman, center Reggie Stephens, and defensive lineman Carlos Dunlap were also inactive.

With just three sacks in four games, there was some speculation that Dunlap, the second-round pick from Florida, would get the nod. He's played in just one game this year, but Zimmer opted to give Johnson his second NFL start. Odom, who had an NFL-leading eight sacks after four games last season, has none now and he's dealing with a sprained wrist. Johnson has a half-sack from the win against Baltimore.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mike-Johnson-Ndukwe-start/dc63b2e5-2fa2-476e-b89e-80ef60536e71

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the Bucs inactives:

Look for rookie defensive tackle Brian Price to get a lot more playing time when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium today.

With fellow defensive tackle Ryan Sims sitting out for the first time in 20 games, the Bucs will lean more on their second-round draft choice out of UCLA.

Sims was the most notable of the players de-activated by the Bucs, who also scratched cornerback Myron Lewis, running back Kregg Lumpkin, fullback Chris Pressley, center/guard Ted Larsen and wide receivers Maurice Stovall and Preston Parker. Rudy Carpenter will be the emergency third quarterback.

/>http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oct/10/1010-bucs-live/sports/

What the heck give Dunlap some playing time, is he really that bad? Let him play, heck he cant be any worse then Geathers or Odom have been.

MJ starting i like it, it makes me wonder though if has the push to get to the QB, i hope see some sweet moves by him today to get past the tackle. Lets see if it makes any difference. Defense needs to step up.

I wanna see Jerome Simpson go long today for a catch, lets see what he got.

TO posted an illegal tweet about autographing a football for a fan wearing a Bucs jersey (via he and Chad) an hour before the game.

Glad they are so focused on the game.

Tweeting is much more fun the stretching and warming up before a big game.....come on Shula thought you would know this by now :)

I discovered that my wife had dressed my daughter in a shirt that says "Wanted Dead or Dead: The Bonehead Buccaneer". She says she didn't know we were playing the Bucs.

That has to be good karma, right?

That is good karma, and a thoughtful wife.

Props

TO posted an illegal tweet about autographing a football for a fan wearing a Bucs jersey (via he and Chad) an hour before the game.

Glad they are so focused on the game.

Tweeting is much more fun the stretching and warming up before a big game.....come on Shula thought you would know this by now :)

And right on cue Chad runs out of bounds after avoiding a small hit and comes up short of the 1st down.