The ship is docking in Cincinnati

pcolabucfan

Welcome bucs. You are visiting a fairly mercurial team at the moment that is searching for its identity. I believe TB will help them find it, however, as the Bengals are coming off 2 road games and will be happy to have a favorable crowd.

Look at you trying to impress the Tampa fans with big words like: To, The, At, And, Mercurial........

I actually like what Blount brings to their offense and why I wanted the Bengals to take him late in the draft.

I also like the young WR's the Bucs have. It might not be their year this year or next, but I think it's coming for them.

You have good football knowledge, I have a feeling that it will all come together next season we are totally building from the draft we are taking our lumps now but as you stated good things are coming

Did you guys see the blurb on the official site about how they are trying to keep the sellout streak alive and Chad made a tweet that for the next 85 people to purchase at least 2 tickets, he would purchase 2 more for them ?? All 85 allotments of tickets were used. So Chad purchased an additional 170 tickets and gave them away.

Whatever anyone thinks, that's a pretty cool thing to do and he did stuff like this a lot last year...

Chad is spreading the love around,he is a helluva dude :sure:

[i feel that both teams are having growing pains, the jury is still out on Raheem Morris as our head coach, he was a excellent DB coach and I really don't like Olsen's conservative play calling, but we have tremendous talent on offense, we are unleashing LaGarret Blount this weekend he had some surprising downhill runs against the Steelers. heres to a good competitive game with no injuries

We are releasing :o LaGarrete Blount are you kidding me.

So when is this gonna happen

Welcome bucs. You are visiting a fairly mercurial team at the moment that is searching for its identity. I believe TB will help them find it, however, as the Bengals are coming off 2 road games and will be happy to have a favorable crowd.

Look at you trying to impress the Tampa fans with big words like: To, The, At, And, Mercurial........

Outa nowhere there pimp. I actually know what mercurial means too....and how to spell "paid."

• Like 1

I made a post in Smack but thought I would drop in here and say hello as a Buc fan.

The Steelers certainly whipped our butts 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, the bye gave them a chance to get the problems worked out. The Bucs are probably one of the youngest teams in the NFL with the average age being a little over 25. We have definately improved over last year and can just take one game at a time. Everyone realizes we are not going to win every game but we will win a few more. I suspect we will win some games we are expected to lose and lose some games we are expected to win.

The Bengals aren't exactly firing on all cylinders at the current time. You have all heard the old saying....any given team on any given Sunday....Maybe our ship will be sailing out of Cincy with a W.

Heres to a good game and no injuries.

The Bucs are probably one of the youngest teams in the NFL

Damn right. I just hope the Bengals don't get arrested for statutory after pounding you guys all game long!

;)

Just messin' with ya. Actually, I don't have much any idea what to make of your team - a head coach who may or may not have any idea what he's doing, a 1st round pick QB who might be starting to come around, a RB who may not have any tread left on the tire, and a defense full of no-names outside of your CB.

This game will say a lot about your boys with two weeks to stew on a bad loss. We'll see what Raheem's got. I'll admit, I don't like being in this spot as a Bengals fan.

Good luck to you once your ship sails out of town.

Outa nowhere there pimp. I actually know what mercurial means too....and how to spell "paid."

haha...Just havin' a little fun :sure:

I'll admit, I don't like being in this spot as a Bengals fan.

It's a must win game for the Bengals.

Lose it and this team will shift to full meltdown mode....with drastic long-term implications.

You're going a little melodramatic on us don't you think? I'm not saying losing to TB would be anything but crappy, but drastic long-term implications? Really? Maybe if this was a defending superbowl champion or something.

Damn right. I just hope the Bengals don't get arrested for statutory after pounding you guys all game long!

;)

Hey, No problem. There has been a definate improvement in the team over last year so far. I am certainly not going to say we have reached contender status. We will be in a better position to judge how much this team has improved as time goes on. It varies depending on who you talk to but I think the general consensus is between 4 - 8 wins for the Bucs this year. Heck, we only need to win one more game and we tie last years 3 - 13 performance.

Just on a side note: I have been doing a little reading on your #85. His off field performance makes him a great ambassador for your team and a fine guy to have around. I hope he has a real rotten day on Sunday as well as a few others. :P

;)

Hey, No problem. There has been a definate improvement in the team over last year so far. I am certainly not going to say we have reached contender status. We will be in a better position to judge how much this team has improved as time goes on. It varies depending on who you talk to but I think the general consensus is between 4 - 8 wins for the Bucs this year. Heck, we only need to win one more game and we tie last years 3 - 13 performance.

Just on a side note: I have been doing a little reading on your #85. His off field performance makes him a great ambassador for your team and a fine guy to have around. I hope he has a real rotten day on Sunday as well as a few others. :P

You had to go read up on him? Shoot if he knew there was someone out there that didn't know about him, he would have probably made the trip to your house to introduce himself and tell you EVERYTHING about him. He might even have brought a few of the chicks from his dating show with him...

Lose it and this team will shift to full meltdown mode....with drastic long-term implications.

You're going a little melodramatic on us don't you think? I'm not saying losing to TB would be anything but crappy, but drastic long-term implications? Really? Maybe if this was a defending superbowl champion or something.

Yup. I'm guessing back-to-back losses to inferior opponents would be the beginning of the end for lots of Bengal related storylines....including any related to the Bengals making the playoffs this year as well as any that are based upon Marvin Lewis coaching here next season.

Not joking a bit.

Absolutely. Hey, you never know - there's always a surprise team or two in the NFL. You have 2 wins already and your QB is coming around, who knows? I'd put you guys at the higher end of that 4-8 range.

Good luck on getting that 3rd win...next week.

Yup. I'm guessing back-to-back losses to inferior opponents would be the beginning of the end for lots of Bengal related storylines....including any related to the Bengals making the playoffs this year as well as any that are based upon Marvin Lewis coaching here next season.

Not joking a bit.

You can go that way if you want, but I doubt a loss to TB would do anything one way or the other about whether Marvin Lewis is going to be back. He well might not be back even if they were to make - and go deep into - the playoffs. As for the end of Bengals related story lines, not sure exactly what that means. In a world where the biggest story line has been TO, I can't say this team wouldn't benefit from being out of the media spotlight for awhile. Indeed, unless TO or 85 have a 200 yard game, I doubt there is any Bengal related story line coming out of this game even if the Bengals cruise 30 - 0. This isn't a big game on anyone's radar that isn't a Bengal or Buc fan.

You can go that way if you want, but I doubt a loss to TB would do anything one way or the other about whether Marvin Lewis is going to be back.

Well then, let me put it this way. If the Bengals lose to Tampa at home I will no longer want Marvin back, and I doubt I'll be the only one who feels that way.

As for the end of Bengals related story lines, not sure exactly what that means. In a world where the biggest story line has been TO, I can't say this team wouldn't benefit from being out of the media spotlight for awhile.

Perhaps storyline is a poor choice of words. Suffice to say that back-to-back losses to inferior teams will leave plenty of playing and coaching careers twisting in the wind, and all of us fans can adjust our expectations. For example, I've already started outlining a post about how this was apparently a rebuilding year.

Well then, let me put it this way. If the Bengals lose to Tampa at home I will no longer want Marvin back, and I doubt I'll be the only one who feels that way.

I understand the sentiment, but who's taking that job? Mike Zimmer's the popular choice, but 1) he's not been an NFL head coach, 2) I'm not sure he wants to be a head coach right now, and 3) I want him as a DC.

Other than that, who are we getting who's better than Marvin?

I don't think any immediate upgrade would be realistic. A chance would have to be taken on an assistant within the organization (probably Zimmer), a retread coach from outside the organization, or a college coach.

I don't much like any of those options.

I understand the sentiment, but who's taking that job?

Why not give it to Bratkowski? After all, since passing the ball is the only thing the Bengals want to do then they might as well commit to the strategy 100%.

I don't think any immediate upgrade would be realistic. A chance would have to be taken on an assistant within the organization (probably Zimmer), a retread coach from outside the organization, or a college coach.

I don't much like any of those options.

The question that needs asnwering isn't whose better than Marvin. Rather, it's what point would be served allowing Lewis to finish out the next 11 games after throwing this season away in just 5 games?

If he wasn't already a lame duck before Sunday's fiasco then he is now.

End it now.