Bengals vs Browns Post Game Discussion.

Lap also noted that the biggest runs of the night happened while running the no huddle. Clearly Carson excels in the no huddle. I think that's the way to go unless we get a big lead and get into clock killing mode. "No huddle" does not mean that we have to pass the ball.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my question, and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. With five minutes and change left in the game and down by 3, with less than your full compliment of time outs remaining and the Browns able to convert third downs better than you...why not go for it on that last punt? I mean, come on...lose by 3, lose by 10 worst case scenario, what's the dif? My opinion, since TO and Palmer and found a rare groove, go for it and at least fight for it.

Are you talking about the Chad offensive interference on 3d down? I'm thinking that if the pass to Chad had just gone incomplete and it was like 4th & 3 or 4 (or something like that), they very well may have gone for it. As it was, the 10 yard penalty made it 3rd & 13(??) and (after the incompletion) 4th &13. 4th & 13 isn't a real favorable down at that point and I can't fault them for not going for it.

4th and 13 isn't real favorable? Neither is laying down like dogs, pissing away your final time out, letting the Browns convert first down after first down and watching 5:13 drain off the clock like an hourglass. Going for it realistically could have hurt us how?

4th and 13 isn't real favorable? Neither is laying down like dogs, pissing away your final time out, letting the Browns convert first down after first down and watching 5:13 drain off the clock like an hourglass. Going for it realistically could have hurt us how?

I'm sorry, but 4th and 13, down 1 score, over 5 minutes on the clock? That's a punt in any team's playbook save maybe Mike Martz. With that much time on the clock, your defense can afford to give up one, maybe even two first downs before getting a stop and the ball.

Playing the percentages, getting a stop from your defense is more likely than converting 4th and 13. Going for it hurts you because it means you'll have more yardage to get back if you get the ball back, or more points to make up if you let them score.

I'm sorry, but 4th and 13, down 1 score, over 5 minutes on the clock? That's a punt in any team's playbook save maybe Mike Martz. With that much time on the clock, your defense can afford to give up one, maybe even two first downs before getting a stop and the ball.

Playing the percentages, getting a stop from your defense is more likely than converting 4th and 13. Going for it hurts you because it means you'll have more yardage to get back if you get the ball back, or more points to make up if you let them score.

Alright then...I guess it proved to be a genius call then, didn't it?

WHO DEY??!!