Reds vs. Padres

ArmyBengal

Well, the Reds have the day off today and then they start up a 3 game series AT the Padres on Friday.

I guess it depends on how you want to look at this series. The Padres are the first place team in the West and are fighting for their lives. They will be looking to do as well as they can against the Reds in order to stay in the race. The Reds are all but done for the NL Central and are already resting some players.

I would like to see the Reds really do well in this series. I think it would give them a confidence boost in not only beating another 1st place team, but to do it on the road, and on the West coast, where they usually play poorly.

GO REDS !!!

I would be hard pressed to consider any time as a "good time" for the Reds to head to the West Coast.

They just always seem to struggle whenever they make a trip out there.

Here's to hoping that changes this series.

Since it's been so long since the Reds have been in this situation, I'm kind of wondering how much goes into strategy at the end of the season when you know you are going to the playoffs, but play a part in who it is you might face ?? I'm not saying any team would lose on purpose, as I think that is more detrimental, but maybe play others and not worrying about taking the loss.

Just thinking...

The Reds would be well advised to play to win this series, IMO. Continued losing from the three NL West contenders would mean that the eventual NL West champion would have to play Philly while the Reds would host Atlanta. I greatly prefer that to the alternative with the Reds going to Philly themselves.

The Reds are up 1-0 in tonight's game, but I see that Votto is out of the lineup for the second consecutive game. Wassup with that? :blink:

I really don't know what it is about a sinus infection that keeps you from playing baseball. Would we accept that from Carson Palmer? I think they're babying him a little here and they're confident in winning the division.

I watched highlights this morning on ESPN and when Chapman hit 105, you could hear the collective "ooooooooh" come over the crowd.

To bad they couldn't win the game.

In regards to the sinus infection, I had one two weeks ago that was so bad, I couldn't open my eyes for 2 days.

Someone had to take me to the doctor, pick up my antibiotics, and then dump my ass in bed.

If his was near that bad, I understand.

It will be alright...