Marvin Lewis' last season?

Spor_tees

I have said for a long time that I thought Marvin Lewis was a sub-par head coach. His terrible clock management, his poor decision making on challenges, his inability to have his team prepared, and his piss poor ability to make half time adjustments are just a few of the things I have complained about. A lot of the success this team has had, is not because of his coaching but on pure talent alone. Imagine where this team would be if it had a good coach like Bill Belichick? Honestly if this team fails to make the playoffs this year and continues to look as unprepared as this, I don't see Marvin Lewis back next year.

I have said for a long time that I thought Marvin Lewis was a sub-par head coach. His terrible clock management, his poor decision making on challenges, his inability to have his team prepared, and his piss poor ability to make half time adjustments are just a few of the things I have complained about. A lot of the success this team has had, is not because of his coaching but on pure talent alone. Imagine where this team would be if it had a good coach like Bill Belichick? Honestly if this team fails to make the playoffs this year and continues to look as unprepared as this, I don't see Marvin Lewis back next year.

It's possible. However, if you look at the constants with the Bengals since 1991, they won't hire a completely hands on type of coach. I really can't see them hiring a presence any different than what they've had. Marvin has been ok and an improvement since he got here. Whoever they replace him with won't be any better.

And Mike Zimmer obviously sucks. He was totally outcoached by the Pats offensive coordinator...whoever the hell that is.

And of course, Carson Palmer continues to look like a rookie QB, locking on to his receivers, throwing about 5 balls that should have been intercepted.

Amd our punter is horrible.

I love coming into this forum every season and reading some of the TYPICAL fans totally bash our team. GEEZ!!! We played a GREAT team at there house, and its the first game of the young season!!! lets not fire marvin, bench carson and kill the complete defense just yet people.

Did I read that right?

GREAT game?

I would hate to see your definition of a bad game.

NO YOU DIDNT READ IT RIGHT!! READ IT AGAIN!!! I SAID WE PLAYED A GREAT TEAM AT THERE HOUSE!!!!

I love coming into this forum every season and reading some of the TYPICAL fans totally bash our team. GEEZ!!! We played a GREAT team at there house, and its the first game of the young season!!! lets not fire marvin, bench carson and kill the complete defense just yet people.

Did I read that right?

GREAT game?

the fact is the pats came out and put pressure on the bengals. the bengals cracked to the point where marvin and crew had no answers what so ever. the only choice was to go in at half and regroup. which it did not work very well. the pats come out and hit us with another huge blown on the kick return to start 2nd half. carson and the o came alive in the 2nd half but to late to recover.

the defense just flat out sucked. as for now i am not to worried about the d at this point. knowing zim is not very happy right now. i do think next weeks effort against the ravens will be much better. the bengals will get back on track and start a win streak against the ratbirds. carson owns these guys and with the new weapons maybe a 400 yard passing day? before i get flamed some are on carson after to day. if his bad day is a 34/50 345 yards and 2tds and 1 int effort. i can't wait to see when he is clicking!

i do like what i seen from the rookies shipley and gresh. liked seeing chad and the o get rolling. was impressed with scott, don't understand why they did not play him earlier? nugget's field goal was the only bright spot of the first half. jj looked good against moss, but did blow the assignment on the big play by their rook te. i hated the way we played today,in the 1st half. i think we will be ok. maybe today was a eye opener for these guys after all the off season fluff that has been filling there heads. get them focused, which marv also needs to do a better job at. because they clearly where not ready for the start of this game.

Did I read that right?

No, you didn't.

While this game was extremely disappointing, I don't think it is time to give up the thoughts of having a great season. Nor do I think the struggles should all be placed on Marvin. But, it is his job to get the team ready to play, so yes, he does deserve some of the blame. But the defense missed too many tackles and just seemed to be watching plays go by them. And Carson was making the same throws that he has made his entire career that make no sense.

Did I read that right?

GREAT game?

No you didn't read it right! He said "played a great TEAM " so now you know.

Game one.

Are their issues ?? Sure.

Game one.

It's ok for everyone to take a breath now.

Maybe a minor understatement.

Some may sight the game last year that they lost their first game. Well, this was not that. The Bengals played the role of the baby harp seal today.

If this was an emergency room visit, this was a gushing head wound due to blunt force trauma on an unsuspecting victim.

Can this team respond, is the question that must be asked.

Game one.

Game one.

Some may sight the game last year that they lost their first game. Well, this was not that. The Bengals played the role of the baby harp seal today.

If this was an emergency room visit, this was a gushing head wound due to blunt force trauma on an unsuspecting victim.

Thats what I hate about this team. They can respond when they are completely overlooked. Not before that.

This is what I don't like about Lewis:

"Not the start of our season I would like," Lewis said. "I told these guys the same thing if we had been on the other side. Next week becomes the focus. We start to grind and get things fixed."

I call BS on that.

If the Bengals won in the fashion the Patriots did today, I sincerely doubt ML would have said the same things. Bull.

ML is full of garbage. His job today, and over the last 3 or 4 games has been garbage. Total garbage.

Game one.

Game one.

Thats what I hate about this team. They can respond when they are completely overlooked. Not before that.

I'm starting to agree with this statement. Frustrating as a fan.

If the Bengals won in the fashion the Patriots did today, I sincerely doubt ML would have said the same things. Bull.

Bull on you. That's exactly what Marvin would've done; it's exactly what Marvin always does.

No. It is not what he "always does".

If the Bengals had played as NE did today, he would not have said the same things he did to his own team.

It is impossible, even in a proverbial sense.

NE whupped this team for 50+ of the 60 minutes. All phases.

Had that been ML, he would have had very different comments.

Go look at the comments he made after they routed Chicago last year. Compare those to when Houston beat them.

You're wrong.