Reds vs. Pirates

ArmyBengal

Ok, the Reds left Colorado with tail between legs, but they need to have short term memory and handle their business against some pretty poor teams coming up. Up this series is the Pirates. They are currently 47-92 and are BY FAR the worst team in the majors.

Homer takes the mound tonight in the opener and the Pirates counter with Maholm who is (7-14).

The Cards started a 4 game series with the Braves yesterday and thumped their asses cutting the Reds lead to 5 games.

Here's to hoping the Braves turn it around today.

The future concern I have for the Reds is a period of time 21-29 September where the Cards play the Pirates 6 of 9 games and the Reds have a 3 game series with the Padres, as well as two idle days that will give the Cards a chance to gain a whole game. The Reds finish the season against Brewers at home and the Cards finish off with the Rockies at home. The Reds just need to stay focused and get some better pitching from both their starters and the bullpen.

GO REDS !!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK first off its time to Win again. Let's beat Pitt and AZ and get this roll going again.

Next I'd really like to go see Pete get some props I'm proud of the Reds for doing this.

Let's go Reds and Pete.

Oops sorry Army I didn't see your Pirate post it was farther down on my column list maybe you can combine the two

No problem, I was just trying to be quick about it, because the last two threads NOT started by me resulted in series losses for the Reds.

I owed it to them to do the right thing, start the thread, and get this team back on the winning track.

You know how superstitions and baseball go...