Draft Grades

ArmyBengal

Ok, I am in a FF league here at work and wanted to get some idea to what randon thoughts you guys might have about my team.

I'm not competing against anyone here, so I figure there won't be any issue with divulging some of your thoughts.

Anyone willing to comment is welcome. Good, Bad, and Ugly are all welcomed...

Starters:

QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Frank Gore

RB- Arian Foster

WR/RB- Joseph Addai

WR- Marques Colston

WR- Malcom Floyd

TE- Dallas Clark

DEF- 49er's

K- Marion Crosby

Punter- Can you believe they have a punter ?? Anyway, I went with the homer pick of Huber...

Bench:

QB- Alex Smith

RB- Jonathan Stewart

WR- Donald Driver

WR- Eddie Royal

WR- Jacoby Jones

TE- Greg Olson

DEF- Giants

IR- Santonio Holmes

Since they let us put suspended guys on the IR in our league, I was able to stash Santonio Holmes until week 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, let me get some opinions here:

I currently have Eddie Royal, Malcolm Floyd, and Santonio Holmes sitting on my bench.

Another guy in our league drops Crabtree and no one has picked him up.

I like Floyd and Royal both, so am a little apprehensive to dump them. I'm also not sure what Holmes is going to do, but more because I'm not sold on Sanchez. Crabtree appears to not have another WR option to take double teams from him and Alex Smith is questionable as a QB.

Soooooo, would you dump any of the guys I mentioned to take a shot on Crabtree ??

Just curious what you guys might be thinking about that one.

Oh yeah, I don't play in any of your leagues.

Ok, let me get some opinions here:

I currently have Eddie Royal, Malcolm Floyd, and Santonio Holmes sitting on my bench.

Another guy in our league drops Crabtree and no one has picked him up.

I like Floyd and Royal both, so am a little apprehensive to dump them. I'm also not sure what Holmes is going to do, but more because I'm not sold on Sanchez. Crabtree appears to not have another WR option to take double teams from him and Alex Smith is questionable as a QB.

Soooooo, would you dump any of the guys I mentioned to take a shot on Crabtree ??

Just curious what you guys might be thinking about that one.

Oh yeah, I don't play in any of your leagues.

That's a tough call, Crabtree really gives you more potential for big points. I also have Floyd sitting for the first two weeks hoping he becomes the man in SD. I think I might drop Holmes, it doesnt look like Sanchize is going to be above the sophmore slump.

I've also got Colston and Driver, so it's not the be all and end all, but it's just a chance to improve the roster and I always like to take those chances regardless. I won our league last season by doing things like that early on. A player will have a bad week and their owners get antsy.

I decided to play Floyd this week, because of the match-up. How long is Holmes suspended?

Holmes still has two more games.

I had both Floyd and Royal on the bench and both had good games.

Fortunately, the rest of my team has already secured a win this week and I still have Gore and Colston playing tomorrow.

My best move this week was dumping the Giants defense (getting thrashed) and picking up the Raiders defense.

I sat the 49er's as my starting defense and the Raiders D got me 20 points against the Rams.

Looking at your squad, you must obviously be in a 10-Team league (or less) you have too much talent to be in a 12 or 14 team. I would DEFINITELY pick up Crabtree before someone else does. I have him in 2 of my leagues, and although his 1st game wasn't very good (keep in mind he missed the preseason with a neck problem) he will be a STUD in a week or two. If I were you Army, I'd pick him up and drop Jacoby Jones. Crabtree is the 9ers #1 WR, whereas Jacoby Jones is at best his teams 3rd option behind Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. Crabtree will be a player you can start on any given week, but Jones would likely only get a start if everyone else was on a Bye. If Santonio isn't costing you a roster spot, hold 'em, but I don't think he'll do much anyways. You figure, he wasn't really that great anyways, and he has very little familiarity with Sanchez and the Jets offense...Even when he gets back, he will need time to gel.

PICK UP CRABTREE MY FRIEND !!!

Yeah, 10 team league. I had to drop Jones early on because on ESPN they won't let you carry someone suspended on IR. So I dropped Jacoby Jones and held Holmes. I did however go ahead and drop Holmes to pick up Crabtree. Worst case scenario, no one else will pick him up and he sits for at least another week. So I do have Crabtree now with the option to keep making moves.

I'm one of those guys that rarely lets his roster sit still and always looks to makes moves.

It paid off for me this weekend with the Raiders defense pick up. I'll probably drop them tomorrow though.

I still like Jacoby Jones as well, plus he's good in the return game.