Reds vs. Cardinals

UK Bengal

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey is done. Get him out of there!

I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone before spring training. I am not sure what he gives them at this point.. With all of the young pitchers in their system I could see them moving him for some OF help or maybe another relief pitcher for next season.

I didn't mean he was "done" in that way Tony. I just meant he was done for the day. For the better half of the game he pitched well, but as his pitch count started getting up there, the Cardinals bats started hitting him. He never should have tried to sneak that fastball past Holliday though.

I know what you meant Billy...that it was for the day. But I also mean for next season. He's a good pitcher at times but it has been a long difficult time for him and he has never really lived up to the high expectations. I just think we have so many quality kids now that we might be able to get something of value for him during the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason LaRue to retire after incident with Cueto. It's a shame that all that happened. I was never a big fan of his and I certainly understand Cueto's reaction at the time but he doesn't deserve to go out like this. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

/>http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_324aa4d7-ff34-5706-b12a-b1a023d58d00.html