Reds vs. Brewers

ArmyBengal

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy as a Reds fan and happy ev1 here cuz its been a long time. But its not over yet. But its getting better. I know the magic # but I'm not saying, don't want no jinx or nothing. :)

Another big win for the Reds. Cards are struggling right now, cant get any better. Astros for some reason as of late want to start winning. I wonder who pitched for the Houston tonight, i wonder if it was Happ.

This just in Ryan Howard finally hit a HR coming back from the DH, and the Phils finally found there offense lol lol.

Another big win for the Reds. Cards are struggling right now, cant get any better. Astros for some reason as of late want to start winning. I wonder who pitched for the Houston tonight, i wonder if it was Happ.

This just in Ryan Howard finally hit a HR coming back from the DH, and the Phils finally found there offense lol lol.

It was Wandy Rodriguez. Happ pitched last night.

It was Wandy Rodriguez. Happ pitched last night.

Ok! As a Philly fan i was sad to see Happ go, because i see a big upside for him as a young pitcher. I like Oswald and understand why the Phils got him, but i still rout for Happ

I stayed up just to watch how ESPN handled it. I loved how they pointed to the clock to record Chapman's 103 mph pitch.

Something not mentioned about a 103 mph pitch that crossed my mind is, wouldn't that scare the hell out of you as a batter ??

I guess maybe not the pros so much, but I would be f*cking terrified. Seriously.

If they aren't scared, you know they are thinking about it when stepping in the box.

4-3. Dickerson flips the Reds the bird with a 2 run double.

Seeing the electricity in the stadium tonight and the excitement of a team building its lead to 7 games, I'm thinking Dickerson has to be a little bummed. He knows it could very easily have been him in the other dugout whooping it up when Chapman was throwing gas and celebrating another win.

Chapman pitching! 1-2-3 inning.

8 pitches. Wow that was exciting to watch. I can't wait to unleash him the rest of the year.

Give him credit. He's come a long way this year. In May and April he was all over the place. He was firing BBs tonight and he's been doing that of late in AAA as well

On a side note, if Harang thinks he can pitch the way he did tonight and be able to walk away with the no decision, he should guess again.

I'm still very much entrenched in the camp of not wanting Harang in the rotation and I'll be happy he got lucky and gave rest to others.

With that kind of stuff Harang should not be used to start another meaningful game. He had no off speed stuff and a 91 MPH fastball. That's not a ticket for success in the big leagues. Keep him around since we've got a 40 man roster as a bonus for contributing as much as he did to some awful Reds games of the past but I would only use him in blowout games to eat innings or as a starter after we've clinched

I really give the Reds a TON of credit to how they handled Chapman. Kept him in the minors even though he was getting PAID. After a while in the starters role in the minors, they pushed him to the bullpen. When he was showing he had enough to come up and actually help the club, the Reds basically waited until they could expand the roster to bring him up.

How were they rewarded ?? With an absolutely DOMINATING single inning of work. Sure it's only a single inning, but that's how you bring him along slowly and get his feet wet. Again, i'm really happy with how this has turned out. If he ends up a starter, I'm really happy, but how nice is it to know the Reds don't actually have to force that ??

Good time to be a Reds fan !!!

Jockety said in the news conference that they still plan to turn Chapman into a starter next season. I thought that was interesting.

Yeah, they're using the Rays David Price as a blueprint for developing him