Reds vs. Cubs

ArmyBengal

With the day off today, maybe they can get use to being back in their own time zone huh ??

Anyway, the Cubs come to town on Friday for a 3 game set and have been playing some good ball since Pinella called it quits.

Cueto will be taking the mound in the starter and the Cubs will counter with Gorzelanny (7-7 3.70era).

The Cardinals start a 4 game series tonight at the Nationals, so maybe we can pick up another half game tonight.

The Nats haven't been playing very well at all lately, so the Reds need to keep up the winning back home.

GO REDS !!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you just have to love how this is playing out for the Reds. I think the game is on WGN today for those of you that get it.

Cincinnati 73 54 .575 --

St. Louis 68 57 .544 4.0

Milwaukee 59 68 .465 14.0

Houston 58 69 .457 15.0

Chi Cubs 54 74 .422 19.5

Pittsburgh 43 84 .339 30.0

HELL YEAH !!!

Side note: D*MN Pirates !!!

Wow, you just have to love how this is playing out for the Reds. I think the game is on WGN today for those of you that get it.

Cincinnati 73 54 .575 --

St. Louis 68 57 .544 4.0

Milwaukee 59 68 .465 14.0

Houston 58 69 .457 15.0

Chi Cubs 54 74 .422 19.5

Pittsburgh 43 84 .339 30.0

HELL YEAH !!!

Side note: D*MN Pirates !!!

Care to explain that side note a little further? The only thing I can come up with is the sweep early in the season that the put on the Reds. You have to remember that they have beaten the cards a few times this year also. From what I could find the Reds are 8-5 and the Cards are 6-3 against the Pirates, not much difference there.

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to explain the comment,

THE PIRATES SUCK !!!

Sure, I'm happy they have beaten the Cards, but 43-84 ?? Wow, that just blows. Even crazier is, the Pirates haven't done anything in FOREVER and that organization still turns a really good profit.

Angry at a good business leader. I didnt know you were so liberal. :D

8-5 Washington. It's hard to worry too much about the Reds when the Cardinals are so often blowing it.

Yet some doofus labels the Reds as frauds.

You what's next right? Not that we won but that the Cards lost?

from the St Louis Post Dispatch:

The Cardinals have not won a series against a team with a .500 or losing record this month. They've lost or split series with the Chicago Cubs, the Milwaukee Brewers, the Pirates, the Houston Astros, and the currently .500 Florida Marlins. Those five teams are a combined 87 1/2 games out of first place. Not since sweeping the Pirates at the end of July at Busch Stadium have the Cardinals won a series against a team beneath them in the standings. And that's only half of it.

http://www.stltoday....127992bc8b.html

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to explain the comment,

THE PIRATES SUCK !!!

Sure, I'm happy they have beaten the Cards, but 43-84 ?? Wow, that just blows. Even crazier is, the Pirates haven't done anything in FOREVER and that organization still turns a really good profit.

Angry at a good business leader. I didnt know you were so liberal. :D

Oh no you don't....

I have no issue with the business of the Pirates and those people turning a profit, I just find it hard to believe. There's a difference.

They are starting to rank right up there with how Mike Brown has run the Bengals for so many years. Minus recent ones of course.

The number was like 25 million in profit last year for the Pirates, if I heard correctly.

Unreal...