Reds vs. Diamondbacks

ArmyBengal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you love this ??

I went to bed when it was 7-2 D-Backs and woke this morning thinking the Reds had blown an opportunity to put some distance between them and the Cards. What a great surprise the 11-7 win was when I turned on ESPN this morning !!! Amazing they have gone this whole season coming from behind and not giving up.

There was an article recently about Baker saying how he was trying to keep the team focused. I think it's about time for those that have bashed Baker to finally give the guy some credit. He hasn't worn out any of the young arms and has found a way to keep a pretty young team focused and believing the game is never over until it's over.

Sorry, I still dont like Baker as a manager. I will give the credit to the front office for making very good player moves and will still claim that with a better manager, the Reds would have the division in hand with the talent they have this season.

You don't have to like Mike Brown as an owner either, but some credit has to be given for the drafts the last 2-3 seasons. I don't think Baker's situation is any different, in that he has had a part in the way this team has performed. He went from 74-88 his first season to 78-84 last season and so far this season, he has the Reds at 69-51. Minus a meltdown, the Reds will have their first winning season in 9 seasons and are not only looking at the playoffs, but an NL Central crown. It's speculating either way what another manager would do.

I'm not saying Baker is the greatest or anything even close. I'm only saying he deserves some credit for what this team has accomplished.

I find it hard to believe someone would disagree with that sentiment...

Oh well, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

How much do you love this ??

I went to bed when it was 7-2 D-Backs and woke this morning thinking the Reds had blown an opportunity to put some distance between them and the Cards. What a great surprise the 11-7 win was when I turned on ESPN this morning !!! Amazing they have gone this whole season coming from behind and not giving up.

There was an article recently about Baker saying how he was trying to keep the team focused. I think it's about time for those that have bashed Baker to finally give the guy some credit. He hasn't worn out any of the young arms and has found a way to keep a pretty young team focused and believing the game is never over until it's over.

Sorry, I still dont like Baker as a manager. I will give the credit to the front office for making very good player moves and will still claim that with a better manager, the Reds would have the division in hand with the talent they have this season.

You don't have to like Mike Brown as an owner either, but some credit has to be given for the drafts the last 2-3 seasons. I don't think Baker's situation is any different, in that he has had a part in the way this team has performed. He went from 74-88 his first season to 78-84 last season and so far this season, he has the Reds at 69-51. Minus a meltdown, the Reds will have their first winning season in 9 seasons and are not only looking at the playoffs, but an NL Central crown. It's speculating either way what another manager would do.

I'm not saying Baker is the greatest or anything even close. I'm only saying he deserves some credit for what this team has accomplished.

I find it hard to believe someone would disagree with that sentiment...

Oh well, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Dont get me the wrong way here. I'm glad that Baker's inept game management skills have not hurt the Reds as much this season as it has in the past, but I hate the fact that he will get an extension due to the good play of the team this year.