Reds vs. Diamondbacks

ArmyBengal

As for Bruce, I'm fine with the Reds continuously putting him out there. He's had a less-than-stellar season, but he's too talented to rot in the minors for any lengthy period. If he figures it out (more likely next year than this year), he'll be yet another threat in the lineup.

Oh, I'm not saying he needs to be sent back down, just less than enamored to this point.

Hope he gets all things together !!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Bruce, I'm fine with the Reds continuously putting him out there. He's had a less-than-stellar season, but he's too talented to rot in the minors for any lengthy period. If he figures it out (more likely next year than this year), he'll be yet another threat in the lineup.

Oh, I'm not saying he needs to be sent back down, just less than enamored to this point.

Hope he gets all things together !!!

I think they keep him and Stubbs in the lineup for their defense. Bruce has a cannon and Stubbs covers a ton of ground. Gone are the days of the lumberjacks like Dunn, Griffey and Kearns. Plus they don't seem to have any real options other than Heisey. But with Edmonds around I can see them platooning all three OF positions from here on out.

Gomes needs to get it going too. He's been oh-for-the summer or so it seems.

HI guys not posted in a while been enjoying learning the game more and following the reds on the at bat 2010 app on my iphone :)

well tonight or should I say this morning at 2:40 am i get to watch the reds on my iphone as the free game of the day so im looking forward to a win hopefully if edison keeps improving and votto keeps his mouth shut(now seen hes out pffft) and plays ball we could increase the div lead.

here we go reds lets go !!!!!

good start brandon with a double and a fly ball from stubbs gets brandon in for a run :)

Well UK its been a fun summer so far. So jump on & enjoy the ride.

Omg the Reds are wearing out Ariz late. Its 11-7 in the 9th and they're still up. LoL. I can't wait to get home and see the highlites on MLB. Wow back to back 4 run innings. Sweeeeet

How much do you love this ??

I went to bed when it was 7-2 D-Backs and woke this morning thinking the Reds had blown an opportunity to put some distance between them and the Cards. What a great surprise the 11-7 win was when I turned on ESPN this morning !!! Amazing they have gone this whole season coming from behind and not giving up.

There was an article recently about Baker saying how he was trying to keep the team focused. I think it's about time for those that have bashed Baker to finally give the guy some credit. He hasn't worn out any of the young arms and has found a way to keep a pretty young team focused and believing the game is never over until it's over.

I went to bed when it was 7-2 D-Backs and woke this morning thinking the Reds had blown an opportunity to put some distance between them and the Cards. What a great surprise the 11-7 win was when I turned on ESPN this morning !!! Amazing they have gone this whole season coming from behind and not giving up.

There was an article recently about Baker saying how he was trying to keep the team focused. I think it's about time for those that have bashed Baker to finally give the guy some credit. He hasn't worn out any of the young arms and has found a way to keep a pretty young team focused and believing the game is never over until it's over.

Sorry, I still dont like Baker as a manager. I will give the credit to the front office for making very good player moves and will still claim that with a better manager, the Reds would have the division in hand with the talent they have this season.

When I went to bed the Reds were up 3-1; don't tell me the umps took another run off the board... :lol:

I was feeling pretty good about the situation as the D-Backs starter was looking very hittable.

When was the last time you saw a bullpen as putrid as Arizona's?

They key to beating them is to get the starter out of the game.