Reds vs. Brewers

ArmyBengal

The Reds start a 3 game series at Milwaukee tonight with Arroyo taking the mound.

The good play (minus Sunday) against the Astros and some help from the Cubs, has the Reds within a half game again.

Since the break, the Brewers have split a series with the Braves and Pirates, while just sweeping the Nationals (7-4 since the break).

The Cards are idle tonight, so the Reds can move back into a tie with a win tonight. The Cards pick up a 3 game series at the Mets tomorrow.

GO REDS !!!

This is actually the kind of games that gives me pause.

You are a half game out of first with the first place team idle, you have Arroyo on the mound, and you are playing a team you should be able to handle. Then you go out and lose the game and instead of being tied for first, you are now a full game back. Is it the end of the world ?? No, but it's the kind of game that a team trying to stay right in the hunt has got to win.

If they turn around and take the last two in the series, it's less of an issue I suppose, but it's an opportunity lost.

Moving on....

Sure it could have Billy, but it's just the situation in which that half game was lost in the standings.

We've lost worse. How about that no hitter a couple weeks ago after nine innings, and the Reds came out on the short end of it.

Oh I agree, but again, in that instance they weren't sitting in 2nd place by a half game with the first place team idle for the night playing against a subpar team.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, only seeing it as one of those times where they can't let the opportunity pass to pull even.

Volquez sucked again. I hope it's not the start of a long trend. The Reds are still playing well though, with 16 hits and 10 runs in the 6th inning.

10-4 lead.

Please don't drop a six run lead after the Cardinals lost!

Good win tonight by getting back into a tie for 1st with St. Louis.

The offense needs to keep this kind of play going, but it's been kind of spotty of late. I think as long as they keep winning each series, they'll be there in the end.

Yep, nice to see the bats come back to life again.

Volquez doesn't go 4 and gives up 4 earned runs. Not a good sign at all.

Ondrusek has been a pleasant surprise to this point and picked up the win.

Phillips goes 4-6

Votto goes 4-6

Rolen goes 4-4

12 runs on 19 hits and not a single home run. Kind of surprising for this group, but nice solid hitting all night.

Travis Wood takes the mound in todays afternoon game. Hope he gets the win !!!

Volquez sucked again. I hope it's not the start of a long trend. The Reds are still playing well though, with 16 hits and 10 runs in the 6th inning.

10-4 lead.

I THINK ITS JUST RUST!!! HE HAS SHOWN GOOD STUFF.....

Travis Wood gets the win after 5 innings of work, giving up 2 runs and getting 5 strikeouts.

Hanigan lays down a squeeze to score a run.

Cordero even came in for the 9th striking out 2 of 3 in exactly what we expect from him.

10-2 Reds final...

GO METS !!!

WTG!!!! Travis it was bound to happy....

Phillip's just hit a grand slam in the top of the 8th and the Reds are up 9-2.

As he's on my Fantasy Baseball team, that gave me a major boost in this weeks matchup! What's also a major boost is the Reds got Woods his first MLB win.