Baltimore questions

Update: Apparently Mt. Cody failed a physical in the morning, but then passed the same physical in the afternoon. He's been cleared to practice.

Sounds to me like someone took a very healthy afternoon poop.

The theory in balti is that harbaugh initially failed cody to motivate him...harbaugh is enough of a putz I can't discount that.

So they're spinning it by admitting he's horribly out of shape and requires a coaching staff use extreme methods and tricks to motivate?

Yeah, like I said earlier....I think I'm liking what I'm hearing out of Baltimore.

I doubt he "Legitimately" passed the conditioning test. They probably just Ok'd it to get him on the practice field. Even if he did pass, I'd still be concerned that he failed it like 3 times before.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest on Kindle: his college coach says he suffers from narcolepsy...

http://profootballta...has-narcolepsy/

How funny would it be if he just fell asleep in the middle of a play?

What really sucks for him is, he got injured before he signed his contract. He doesn't have that money yet. I wonder if this incident will impact that at all?

Sorry can't really find a disease funny,There's been some worry one of my Nieces may have it and it's scary to watch her just pass out at the blink of an eye.

Bruce Cunningham and Mark Zinno from Baltimore's 105.7 interview Brad Johansen.

9 minute interview. Good stuff from Brad.

/>http://1057thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/07/28/boom-or-doom-which-will-it-be-for-the-bengals/#comment-1271

Heard that as it unfolded. Johansen did indeed do a very nice job.

I know it just got moved, but, c'mon, admins, news of the sort that happened to Dominique Foxworth might could stay put.

So I will put it here too, Dominque Foxworth, done for the year.

He tore his ACL YESTERDAY, in NON-CONTACT drills.

To recap:

LaDarius Webb is coming off an ACL tear and likely not to be ready to start the season.

Fabian Washington is coming off an injury and not yet practicing.

Their sole returning healthy CB is now done for the year.

Ed Reed at S is a candidate to start the year on the PUP.

They drafted NO corners, but DID draft TEs in the third and fourth round, so, hey, they got that going for them.

They are devastated on the local radio shows, and are actually wondering if Frank Walker is still available.

If the Bengals had gone into an off-season with questions at the secondary, done nothing to address it in the draft or FA, drafted two TEs in the middle rounds, and then had this happen, they would rightfully pilloried. I will not hold my breath on the criticism heading toward Ozzie Newsome, but, he sure as f**k deserves criticism.

Right now Baltimore's starting CBs are Chris Carr and KJ Gerard. If you are saying "who", that would be your right...

Just caught word that the Raven's #1 CB tore his ACL in practice this morning and will be out for the year. Hate to see a guy get injured this early in the season. Wonder if this will effect Baltimore's inevitable super bowl victory this year . . . :bengal:

see here

The Bengals are SO going to sweep the Ravens again this year!

I think this should have stayed in the main forum, but maybe that's just me. It's our main rival.

Anyway:

He tore his ACL YESTERDAY, in NON-CONTACT drills.

To recap:

LaDarius Webb is coming off an ACL tear and likely not to be ready to start the season.

Fabian Washington is coming off an injury and not yet practicing.

Their sole returning healthy CB is now done for the year.

Ed Reed at S is a candidate to start the year on the PUP.

They drafted NO corners, but DID draft TEs in the third and fourth round, so, hey, they got that going for them.

They are devastated on the local radio shows, and are actually wondering if Frank Walker is still available.

If the Bengals had gone into an off-season with questions at the secondary, done nothing to address it in the draft or FA, drafted two TEs in the middle rounds, and then had this happen, they would rightfully pilloried. I will not hold my breath on the criticism heading toward Ozzie Newsome, but, he sure as f**k deserves criticism.

Right now Baltimore's starting CBs are Chris Carr and KJ Gerard. If you are saying "who", that would be your right...

It's a stupid policy. News about the Ravens IS news about our "beloved Bengals" at this point. This part of the site is basically ignored, and conversation dies.

I just think it's ill-advised.

And, awesome, this moved to.

Guess I will not provide threads this year about what is being said in Baltimore. Just not worth it if it is going to a place where people seldom come.

not when it is relegated to this sub-forum, billy, it simply dies off.

yeah, i get the rule and i'm not trying to be uppity just because i started the thread. This is pretty significant news for the team and, as you can see, there are two moderators and another guy posting on this thread with not many views. Just saying -- it's not a huge deal, but moving news like this here definitely slows it down and kills the conversation.

You gotta believe if Pac Man were still out there the Ravens would have grabbed him today. If for no other reason than that, it's sure nice that we snatched him up when we did

yeah, i get the rule and i'm not trying to be uppity just because i started the thread. This is pretty significant news for the team and, as you can see, there are two moderators and another guy posting on this thread with not many views. Just saying -- it's not a huge deal, but moving news like this here definitely slows it down and kills the conversation.

Okey dokey. I'll move the thread back. And BTW Aaron, the NFL is far from a sub forum.

Two quick thoughts.

First, the Bengals own the Ravens specifically because the Bengals are built to beat the Ravens.

Second, my thoughts about Ozzie and the Ravens draft are no different today than they were months ago. That being, the Ravens trade with Denver was as lopsided as any I can remember and for that reason alone I applauded their draft. But the Ravens and Steelers failure to upgrade their secondaries will be a decision both teams will soon regret....because both were substandard even if healthy.

Which brings me back to my first thought.