Baltimore questions

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens CB Walt Harris and rookie DT Terrence Cody didn't pass conditioning test. - Adam Schefter

Hmmmmm. The Ravens draft a giant fat guy and he fails conditioning test and they draft a LB with a dui in his past and he "allegedly" falls down 2 flights of stairs and fractures his skull?
/>http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?page=KiperDraftGrades&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft10%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3dKiperDraftGrades

Could you IMAGINE what would be said about the Bengals and their continued disregard for off the field issues?

The fact is that people have put the Ravens on such a pedestal and look like fools if anything negative happens to them.

I heard a report a week or so ago that Cody had lost a bunch of weight and was looking great. Goes to show what we can do with these "reports"

Cody wasn't even in good enough shape to play full-time in college. Just because a guy is massive and strong as an ox doesn't mean he's an NFL player.

I know a lot of people were upset that the Bengals passed on Cody and the Ravens grabbed him. Personally, this story makes me feel very vindicated for being happy about it back in April.

Yeah, that was mentioned just above, coup.

I have been listening to Balti sportstalk radio all day, and across the spectrum among the callers, there is a general unhappiness at the prospect of Owens ending up in Cincy.

I have been listening to Balti sportstalk radio all day, and across the spectrum among the callers, there is a general unhappiness at the prospect of Owens ending up in Cincy.

And I would think thats because there are some people there that actually understand how bad their secondary is looking and how a team with as many threats the Bengals have will eat their lunch throwing the ball.

Ravens CB Walt Harris and rookie DT Terrence Cody didn't pass conditioning test. - Adam Schefter

Hmmmmm. The Ravens draft a giant fat guy and he fails conditioning test and they draft a LB with a dui in his past and he "allegedly" falls down 2 flights of stairs and fractures his skull?

http://insider.espn....iperDraftGrades

Could you IMAGINE what would be said about the Bengals and their continued disregard for off the field issues?

The fact is that people have put the Ravens on such a pedestal and look like fools if anything negative happens to them.

People probably still would praise their draft :|

They have Ozzie Newsome and we don't have anyone. :(

So the Ravens have a 36yo out of shape harris to cover a Ripped 36 yr old T.O?...

Man it's going to be great watching their fans crash and burn as they were expecting a championship this season.

They have Ozzie Newsome and we don't have anyone. :(

Newsome is pretty awesome but still doesn't strike gold all the time and deserve some doubt with how much they ignored their secondary...

I think it was a good draft as well but not as good as the media made it out to be. I do find it humourous as their hand was forced to take Kindle when Gresham was taken from them in the 1st and then Gronkowski from them in the 2nd. Pitta and Dickson aren't the same caliber. They go for 2 TE's when they missed their top 2 TE's. Then they completely ignore their secondary.

Ironically, the first 2 picks that were supposed to help their pass rush to help their secondary that they ignored have ended up injured and at the buffet line. It's very possible that their top 2 picks see limited playing time this year.

I will give as much of a listen to the Baltimore sportstalk chatter as I can today. Yesterday on the rumors of the signing, the first notes of concern crept into callers' voices and the talk show hosts generally started to give the Bengals a second look as it dawned on everyone afresh that Cincy swept the division last year. And 105.7 had Pete Prisco on yesterday on the Scott Garceau show and Prisco, just ahead of the signing announcement, said it would no question help the Bengals.

Meanwhile, Fabian Washington, Ladarius Webb and Ed Reed are questionable to start the season, and Walt Harris just failed his conditioning test due to his lingering knee issues. Let's just say, I am curious if this has blunted some of the "we're going straight to the Super Bowl" stuff around the city today. I am betting it has. I will check back in later.

"Ron" from Baltimore just called 1570 and concern trolled the listening audience about how Cincy has addressed it's problems this off-season and Baltimore didn't and that the Bengals under Palmer have kinda owned Baltimore and that before anyone gets too set on Baltimore into the Super Bowl they might need to get out of the division first.

I believe "Ron" from Baltimore will be calling 105.7 at 9:00 to repeat those "concerns".

Hokie, don't know if I will bother Zinno or not. Maybe.

"Ron" from Baltimore just called 1570 and concern trolled the listening audience about how Cincy has addressed it's problems this off-season and Baltimore didn't and that the Bengals under Palmer have kinda owned Baltimore and that before anyone gets too set on Baltimore into the Super Bowl they might need to get out of the division first.

I believe "Ron" from Baltimore will be calling 105.7 at 9:00 to repeat those "concerns".

Dude, I love it. I remember when you called 105.7 last year before the 2nd game. Zinno comes on at 12 noon I think...and judging from what he and I discussed, he'll agree with you.

Dude, I love it. I remember when you called 105.7 last year before the 2nd game. Zinno comes on at 12 noon I think...and judging from what he and I discussed, he'll agree with you.

Just called viviano's show on 105.7 and repeated the concerns as a "concerned ravens fan"...this is fun.

And just called zinno/cunningham on 105.7 at 1 to back up zinno's take that the Bengals just got better. Cunningham desperately clinging to a dismissive "it will be a circus". Said I was worried b/c of how much palmer has owned the ravens and the bengals had improved at wr while balimore ignored their secondary.... Concern calling sports shows is fun...

Update: Apparently Mt. Cody failed a physical in the morning, but then passed the same physical in the afternoon. He's been cleared to practice.

Sounds to me like someone took a very healthy afternoon poop.

The theory in balti is that harbaugh initially failed cody to motivate him...harbaugh is enough of a putz I can't discount that.

And just called zinno/cunningham on 105.7 at 1 to back up zinno's take that the Bengals just got better. Cunningham desperately clinging to a dismissive "it will be a circus". Said I was worried b/c of how much palmer has owned the ravens and the bengals had improved at wr while balimore ignored their secondary.... Concern calling sports shows is fun...

I tried to hang on and listen to the shows this morning and afternoon but fell asleep due to my midnight shift.

What I find very curious is how dismissive the Ravens fans can be. The Bengals SWEPT the division and then did a BETTER job than the Ravens did at plugging holes in their weaknesses.

The holes in that secondary along with the situation with Reed should be scaring them at least a bit....but it's like their damn glasses from the Boldin aquisition won't come off.

They couldn't stop Benson last year when the Bengals had fewer passing threats to spread their defense. Now we've added SEVERAL and a legit TE. How's that secondary and pass rush going to matter when Benson is running wild on your nickle defense?

Update: Apparently Mt. Cody failed a physical in the morning, but then passed the same physical in the afternoon. He's been cleared to practice.

Sounds to me like someone took a very healthy afternoon poop.

The theory in balti is that harbaugh initially failed cody to motivate him...harbaugh is enough of a putz I can't discount that.

So they're spinning it by admitting he's horribly out of shape and requires a coaching staff use extreme methods and tricks to motivate?

Yeah, like I said earlier....I think I'm liking what I'm hearing out of Baltimore.