Baltimore questions

Their secondary is depleted and as much as they love the signing of Anquan Boldin he has a history of concussions. You don't want to have a history of head injuries playing against the Steelers and Bengals. I'm glad people do it, but picking the Ravens over Cincy is just plain dumb. Plus, week 1 the Ravens are going to have a prime time slug fest with the Jets. Then come to Cincinnati on a short week.

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654002

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals are going to have a game on their hands as well in traveling to New England only to follow that up with the Ravens the following week.

Either way around, their season will depend mostly on how that secondary performs. If they perform poorly (which I expect) they will do worse than most think they will. If they perform well (which I don't expect) they will go deep into the playoffs. Flacco is a good QB and they have a very solid running game.

However you want to look at it, we will be fighting for the AFCN with the Ravens all season long.

The Steelers won't be far behind, but they will be behind.

The Browns just won't be that good again.

I expect the Ravens to be one of the best teams in the AFC. Their secondary appears to be a weakness, but that probably won't stop them from winning a good majority of their sixteen games. I think the division will be an awesome two team race also including our Bengals, and to win it again Cincinnati will need to handle the Ravens head-on. A split may be enough, but with a win/loss tie being quite probable I want the tiebreaker.

Boldin has the following going against him:

1. Injuries. When was the last time he played a full season?

2. No Fitzgerald. Mason and Stallworth are far from that no. 1 reciever's ability to attract coverage.

3. I like Flacco, but he's no Kurt Warner. Yet.

The guy's a beast but I don't think he'll be the end all be all factor he's being hyped up to be.

In fact, even though Gresham is not the player Boldin is, I think he'll have more of an impact on his QB and offense than Boldin will.

Their secondary is depleted and as much as they love the signing of Anquan Boldin he has a history of concussions. You don't want to have a history of head injuries playing against the Steelers and Bengals. I'm glad people do it, but picking the Ravens over Cincy is just plain dumb. Plus, week 1 the Ravens are going to have a prime time slug fest with the Jets. Then come to Cincinnati on a short week.

/>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654002

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

the ravens will handle the jets, the sanchize will be severely exposed. If the jets win thats a major upset IMO. I must also agree the ravens are having some dissatisfaction eminate from there starting line-up which is curiously (and conveniently) ignored. I cant wait til somebody poops on their parade and i hope it starts with an ass whoopin week 2....

Let's just say that if a Bengals draft pick "fell down the stairs" and ended up in the hospital with a head injury, questions would be raised as to the circumstances of the alleged fall...

How to write a bad joke:

Joke Premise: Did you hear Sergio Kindle fell down TWO flights of stairs?

Joke Setup Part One: Two flights of stairs? I bet that impressed his head coach.

Joke Setup Part Two: What? Why would falling down TWO flights of stairs impress anyone?

Joke Punchline: Because head coaches love players who take the extra step.

[insert groaning noise:HERE]

Well, whatever he fell down, or didn't fall down, fractured his skull. He's not able to travel for at least three weeks. I am guessing that he will not be ready to help the Ravens anytime soon...

Well, whatever he fell down, or didn't fall down, fractured his skull. He's not able to travel for at least three weeks. I am guessing that he will not be ready to help the Ravens anytime soon...

One of the Baltimore papers said they expect him to make a full recovery...

But by when? And what are the lingering effects? Not good....

Yeah, I am sure the Baltimore papers are painting a rosy picture, oh, wait, from living here, I know they are. As are the radio talk shows. But I tend to think skull fractures as not being real compatible with being a functioning LB in the NFL anytime soon, full recovery or no.

To make you all giggle, the local sports radio jocks are greatly relieved to have Ken Hamlin to fall back on at Safety in Reed's anticipated absence.

I think teams will be able to throw on Baltimore all day long.

To make you all giggle, the local sports radio jocks are greatly relieved to have Ken Hamlin to fall back on at Safety in Reed's anticipated absence.

I think teams will be able to throw on Baltimore all day long.

Yeah, because God knows how awesome it is to have someone that can beat out Gibril Wilson huh ??

Oh wait... :lmao:

One of the Baltimore papers said they expect him to make a full recovery...

But by when? And what are the lingering effects? Not good....

Now the news is he could miss the season.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/ravens-talking-to-management-council-about-kindle/

Right. He FRACTURED his SKULL. He's not going to be hitting anyone on a football field anytime soon.

What gets me is the circumstances this injury happened under. Falling down one flight of stairs I can understand. Two? Now you're just showing off.

I know that Baltimore is the greatest team of all time, and the 2 losses to Cincinnati was a complete fluke last year. Take a look at the depth chart.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/BAL/baltimore-ravens?tag=pageContainer;NFL_teams

Washington, Webb, and Reed might all start the season on the PUP list. That is 3 starters in the secondary. That shouldn't be a problem vs

Ocho

TO

Bryant

Caldwell

and Grisham at all. I mean they're the Ravens. Ray Lewis dances before each game. Give me a break. This is setting up perfect. Ravens are everyones pick.

This is what I see doing a comparison between the two teams:

Carson or Flacco ?? They are both good, but I'll take Carson here.

Benson or Rice ?? Rice is a beast and will give him the edge.

O-line ?? Yeah, that's the Bengals.

TE ?? Kelly, Gresham, and Coffman on board equals Bengals strength.

WR corps ?? If TO does sign, the Bengals have the better squad.

Defense ?? The Ravens finished better overall last year, but have SERIOUS concerns in the secondary.

I have said numerous times that I expect it to be a two horse race with the Steelers coming in 3rd, but I just don't see how people continue to overlook the Bengals simply because of the schedule. Most should know that things change for all teams and with our improvements, at a minimum, we should be looked at as a serious threat to make a run.

That's not underestimating the Ravens either because I think they have a really solid team.

Ravens CB Walt Harris and rookie DT Terrence Cody didn't pass conditioning test. - Adam Schefter

Hmmmmm. The Ravens draft a giant fat guy and he fails conditioning test and they draft a LB with a dui in his past and he "allegedly" falls down 2 flights of stairs and fractures his skull?
/>http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?page=KiperDraftGrades&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft10%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fpage%3dKiperDraftGrades

Could you IMAGINE what would be said about the Bengals and their continued disregard for off the field issues?

The fact is that people have put the Ravens on such a pedestal and look like fools if anything negative happens to them.