All things T.O.

agreen_112

The hell with Bryant.. T.O. is by FAR the superior WR. Get him signed already and quit playing with my emotions MB.

Can you guys imagine T.O. and Chad? I don't think you can... Which one does the opposing defence double cover? You can't double both WR, cause it will open up the big boy TE we now have. Guys, we would be more dangerous on offense than Arizona or N.O. was the past couple of years.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell with Bryant.. T.O. is by FAR the superior WR. Get him signed already and quit playing with my emotions MB.

Can you guys imagine T.O. and Chad? I don't think you can... Which one does the opposing defence double cover? You can't double both WR, cause it will open up the big boy TE we now have. Guys, we would be more dangerous on offense than Arizona or N.O. was the past couple of years.

Well, the Bengals had both TO and Bryant in for visits and ran them both through the ringer, so to speak. After doing that, the Bengals felt more inclined to go with Bryant. They paid him more than TO was wanting and even with the speculation surrounding Bryant's knee, there has been no formal contract offer to TO.

If Bryant's knee is ready to go, he will present the same problem that TO will for opposing defenses. You can't double both Chad and Bryant either and Gresham is still going to be a matchup nightmare regardless of TO or Bryant lining up opposite Chad.

To be quite honest, I feel this offense has already done enough to make very considerable upgrades and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/bengals-owner-on-terrell-owens-it-is-up-to-him-we-have-interest/

This is why the Rams story came out. He's trying to get more money. Why would he want to go to a crappy team with a rookie QB? Why would the Rams want to bring in a 36 year old wr and risk messing with his confidence? He's trying to come up with another team. This will be interesting.

Just listened to Peter King being interviewed on the Dan Patrick Show. Long story short, King says the Bengals are still interested in TO but are keeping him at arms length until they get a better grasp of what they have already....including the health of Antonio Bryant. King considers the Rams to be the perfect spot for Owens and thinks that's how things will eventually play out.

As for the biggest factor that will likely keep Owens out of stripes, according to King? The presence of Jermaine Gresham, who King predicts will become an instant star in this offense and will catch at least 70 passes this season.

As for the biggest factor that will likely keep Owens out of stripes, according to King? The presence of Jermaine Gresham, who King predicts will become an instant star in this offense and will catch at least 70 passes this season.

An interesting notion. It would probably require a departure from Mikey's usual strategy of forcing holdouts to prevent rookies from playing much early, thereby avoiding reaching escalators. If Gresham is enough to get them to pass on TO, then they need to get him in camp.

Incidentally, do people really think this Rams thing is more than Rosenwhore trying to get Mikey to bid against himself? I'll give him credit where it's due, I'd handle this one about the same.

An interesting notion. It would probably require a departure from Mikey's usual strategy of forcing holdouts to prevent rookies from playing much early, thereby avoiding reaching escalators. If Gresham is enough to get them to pass on TO, then they need to get him in camp.

Personally, I don't think Gresham's status or future role in the offense have anything to do with the Bengals interest in Owens...nor do I agree with King's opinion regarding the Bengals desire to keep Owens at arms length for the time being. Rather, I think they're waiting for him to reduce his contract demands and as soon as he's willing to do that they'll happily move forward.

UPDATE: "It's up to him."---Mike Brown

Incidentally, do people really think this Rams thing is more than Rosenwhore trying to get Mikey to bid against himself?

Jut guessing, but yeah....I think the Rams are interested. To a point. Just like the Bengals are interested to a point. And with camp about to start now is the time for teams like the Rams and Bengals to attempt to force the timing of an Owens signing....if he'll lower his demands.

But there's the rub because if I'm Owens I embrace the role of mercenary-in-waiting by keeping my demands high.

Personally, I don't think Gresham's status or future role in the offense have anything to do with the Bengals interest in Owens

Me either, it appears Bryant's knee is Appendage of the Year for this offseason, it's that or nothing.

Rather, I think they're waiting for him to reduce his contract demands and as soon as he's willing to do that they'll happily move forward.

You weren't impressed with the Rams rumor either? Tell you what - getting to watch Owens on a 1-15 team with a rookie QB would keep me happy for an entire season. I win either way. But no way does he go there.

This from Josh Kirkendall

Mike Brown: Bengals Are Interested And Talking With Terrell Owens. by Josh Kirkendall on Jul 26, 2010 12:06 PM EDT in Analysis 14 comments

More photos » David Duprey - AP

about 1 year ago: Buffalo Bills' Terrell Owens waves to the crowd after accepting the key to the City of Buffalo from Mayor Byron Brown, not shown, in Buffalo, N.Y., Monday, May 18, 2009. (AP Photo/David Duprey)

Browse more photos »

As if we didn't need more things to talk about with Terrell Owens, the Bengals essentially confirmed that they are interested in Owens during the annual Pre-Training Camp Media Luncheon. The Bengals.com Mothership Captain tweets that Mike Brown said: "It is up to him. We have interest. We are talking to him."

This, of course, solidifies the theory that Antonio Bryant's knee is a concern -- which we've been suspecting since Friday evening when news of an imminent deal was reported by TMZ. We have a hard time believing that the Bengals would stall the development of their younger receivers for a 37-year old Owens whose skills have largely diminished unless there was a lot of concern growing for Bryant's health, which begs the question: They did give Bryant a physical, right?

The St. Louis Rams are the only team known to have interest in Owens.

UPDATE: Of course, a certain Bengals offensive lineman whose embraced Twitter and owns a few burger joints Tweets: "I'm hearing Bengals will sign Terrell Owens. In meetings all day and night weighing decision." He continued that the "team is not satisfied with where they're at with receivers."

I think that we are OK at WR without T.O. and Bryant.

I would much rather have a young Matt Jones or Andre Caldwell starting than an over the hill T.O.

Mike Brown: Bengals Are Interested And Talking With Terrell Owens. by Josh Kirkendall on Jul 26, 2010 12:06 PM EDT in Analysis 14 comments

about 1 year ago: Buffalo Bills' Terrell Owens waves to the crowd after accepting the key to the City of Buffalo from Mayor Byron Brown, not shown, in Buffalo, N.Y., Monday, May 18, 2009. (AP Photo/David Duprey)

Browse more photos »

As if we didn't need more things to talk about with Terrell Owens, the Bengals essentially confirmed that they are interested in Owens during the annual Pre-Training Camp Media Luncheon. The Bengals.com Mothership Captain tweets that Mike Brown said: "It is up to him. We have interest. We are talking to him."

This, of course, solidifies the theory that Antonio Bryant's knee is a concern -- which we've been suspecting since Friday evening when news of an imminent deal was reported by TMZ. We have a hard time believing that the Bengals would stall the development of their younger receivers for a 37-year old Owens whose skills have largely diminished unless there was a lot of concern growing for Bryant's health, which begs the question: They did give Bryant a physical, right?

UPDATE: Of course, a certain Bengals offensive lineman whose embraced Twitter and owns a few burger joints Tweets: "I'm hearing Bengals will sign Terrell Owens. In meetings all day and night weighing decision." He continued that the "team is not satisfied with where they're at with receivers."

I would much rather have a young Matt Jones or Andre Caldwell starting than an over the hill T.O.

Matt Jones and Simpson must not be working out.

I would rather have TO than Jones.

I would rather develop Purify than keep Simpson.

Chad, Bryant, Shipley, Caldwell, TO, Quan... That is not too bad.

I keep going back and forth thinking about what may or may not come of signing TO.

I have said there is a morbid curiousity to see him on the field with Chad at the same time. He was able to put up a decent season in Buffalo last season with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball and a horrible offensive line. Add our offensive line and Carson to the mix with an already better than average running game and I could see his addition creating some real problems for opposing defenses.

My problem is, it's a one year deal (won't be two) and will mean about 2 WR's I didn't want to be cut will be.

If his addition means a Super Bowl, sure do it, but it looks to be further risking the future of the WR posiion.

Maybe Bryant get's PUP'd if his knee is truly that bad...

I recall when they signed Bryant, the Bengals stated that they would of liked to sign both. I don't think Bryant's knee is a problem. Holding Bryant out during OTAs was probably a procautionary thing.

I have mixed feelings as well with the potential TO signing. If TO does sign, Carson needs to lay down the line with both TO and the Ocho. No crybaby antics!

Browse more photos »

+1!

It's funny that Mike Brown says it's on TO and there is no deal yet. From TO's perspective, you KNOW there would be so much publicity having him and Chad on the same team and it would just seem to feed his ego even further. Couple that with the chance to actually win and it has to represent one of his best offers from that standpoint.

It's about the $$$.

It's funny that Mike Brown says it's on TO and there is no deal yet. From TO's perspective, you KNOW there would be so much publicity having him and Chad on the same team and it would just seem to feed his ego even further. Couple that with the chance to actually win and it has to represent one of his best offers from that standpoint.

It's about the $$$.

Yep, I'm guessing it's the old "take it or leave it" negotiating from Brown, and Owens is holding out for a better offer/situation, if it occurs.

Palmer throwing to Chad, Owens, Bryant, Shipley, and Gresham, is incredibly appealing though.

Ok, looking at this again if Marvin is to be believed when he says, signing TO has nothing to do with Bryant's knee:

Chad

Bryant

T.O.

Caldwell

Shipley

Who gets the last spot ??

Purify is out along with F. Brown.

Do they go Cosby or hope the return abilites of others pans out ??

If it's an outside guy, does Simpson or Jones have one last life or do they go with a rookie in Briscoe who won't clear waivers ??

My honest opinion is they hope the other return guys can make it happen (Shipley or Adam Jones) and Cosby is done.

I will say if Briscoe is healthy, he gets the inactive 6th spot. Just a guess...

I agree Shula, it's appealing for sure and this team is simply at a stage where good players get cut.

Well, ESPN has the Rams dropping out of the race for TO completely, so that has to buy us some time with this.

As much as I liked Cosby last year, the reason I see them letting him go in favor of one of the outside guys is what the team will be looking like AFTER this season IF they sign TO. You have to think there's a good chance that 2011 would field a WR corps without Chad or TO, making the WR position a real problem headed into next season.

Jut guessing, but yeah....I think the Rams are interested. To a point. Just like the Bengals are interested to a point. And with camp about to start now is the time for teams like the Rams and Bengals to attempt to force the timing of an Owens signing....if he'll lower his demands.

Word now from Mort is that the Rams have bailed. Apparently word of their interest was leaked (presumably by Rosenhaus) to try to get Cincy to sweeten the pot. Some other teams have a low level of interest but from everything I can gather right now, Cincy is the only real player. Per Reedy, the Bengals do have an offer on the table and expect a resolution in the next 48 hours.

Here's the write up per PFT...

Rams drop out of T.O. hunt

On Friday, reports surfaced that the Bengals are interested on Terrell Owens. On Saturday, the Rams publicly entered the fray. Eventually, Jay Glazer of FOX reported that the Rams would convene Monday to make a decision on whether to pursue Owens.

Glazer now reports that a decision has been made. The Rams are out.

Per a league source, the Rams bailed because they knew that Owens prefers to join Chad Ochocinco and Carson Palmer in Cincinnati. The Rams also realized they'd have to overpay in order to get him, given that they are not a contending team.

The Bengals are the only other team pursuing Owens aggressively. Other teams are interested, but they are not yet going after T.O. actively -- yet.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/rams-drop-out-of-to-hunt/