I Guarantee...

B24

Here's something that may be fun to do. Take CJ's lead and make some guarantees for the upcoming season.

I guarantee the Bengals will win at least 9 games this season.

...They will make the playoffs.

...Carson Palmer will start every game.

...Chad Johnson will catch at least 85 balls and have at least 1600 yards receiving.

...Justin Smith will have at least 5 sacks

...Peter Warrick will catch at least 60 balls and have at least 950 yards receiving.

...Carson Palmer will throw more TD's than interceptions.

...Carson Palmer will throw for more than 3000 yards.

I'll add some more later. :player:

Here's something that may be fun to do. Take CJ's lead and make some guarantees for the upcoming season.

I guarantee the Bengals will win at least 9 games this season.

...They will make the playoffs.

...Carson Palmer will start every game.

...Chad Johnson will catch at least 85 balls and have at least 1600 yards receiving.

...Justin Smith will have at least 5 sacks

...Peter Warrick will catch at least 60 balls and have at least 950 yards receiving.

...Carson Palmer will throw more TD's than interceptions.

...Carson Palmer will throw for more than 3000 yards.

I'll add some more later. :player:

Whoa...I takes a ballsy man to make ballsy statements!! I hope each one of your predictions is surpassed! :player:

No guarantees Billy?

Damn straight I have some predictions brother! ;) They are mostly ones I've made in other threads, so here we go:

#1: The Bengals will not be recognized for their offensive power in 2004. With the new defensive rules in effect, the primary weapon the Bengals will wield is a vastly improved defense. Smarter, faster, and harder hitting than the previous years edition. That's Marvins "Modus Operandi", the way he goes about business, as his previous coaching history will attest to.

#2: Chris Perry will emerge as a "James Brooks" type of player for the Bengals and by the end of the season share equal playing time with Rudi.

#3: The Bengals will win the AFC Central.

#4: Marvin Lewis will win the coach of the year voting in a runaway! :player:

I'll see your guarantees' and raise you some great 2004 stats.!

1. Carson Palmer 25 td's - 11 ints' 3500+ yds passing.

2. Rudi Johnson 1313 yards, 8 touchdowns

3. Chad Johnson 1275 yds, 9 tds' - pro bowler

4. Eric Steinbach - 1st of many probowls

5. Chris Perry 562 yds, 4 rushing td's and 3 reception tds' (7-total).

Team offense rated 12th by season's end. 6th rushing and 13th passing.

1. Justin Smith -11 sacks - pro bowl snub !

2. Brian Simmons Leads team in tackles , 8 sacks, 3 ints' - 2 defensive td's - pro Bowl Snub !

3. Deltha' O'Neal - 5 picks - 1 td.

4. Madieu Williams tied for third in picks with 3.

- Team Defense finishes 14th by seasons' end. 7th against the pass and 18th against the run.

Overall record 9-7 or 10-6. Shayne Graham makes 3 game winning kicks either in regular time or overtime. :player:

2. Rudi Johnson 1313 yards, 8 touchdowns

2. Brian Simmons Leads team in tackles , 8 sacks, 3 ints' - 2 defensive td's - pro Bowl Snub !

- Team Defense finishes 14th by seasons' end. 7th against the pass and 18th against the run.

Overall record 9-7 or 10-6. Shayne Graham makes 3 game winning kicks either in regular time or overtime. :player:

You forgot one prediction- Will they make the playoffs?

2. Rudi Johnson 1313  yards, 8 touchdowns

What do I look like Ms. Cleo..?? :lol::lol: - give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a cup of milk huh Redsfan..?? :D

2. Rudi Johnson 1313  yards, 8 touchdowns

What do I look like Ms. Cleo..?? :lol::lol: - give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a cup of milk huh Redsfan..?? :D

I just wanted to know if you thought they would make the playoffs.

My bad.

Well, my turn.

I GUARANTEE the Ravens will make the play-offs.

I GUARANTEE that Jamal Lewis will not be in prison .

I GUARANTEE that Carson Palmer will not start every game this season.

I GUARANTEE the Bengals will beat Balitmore at least once.

I GUARANTEE Chad Johnson will not be the NFL's top receiver.

I GUARANTEE Rudi will get 1100+ yards.

I GUARANTEE the Bengals will win every home game.

I GUARANTEE a Super-Bowl in 2006.

The bengals will be worse this year than last year! We will not make the playoffs and are D will be the worst in the leauge! Justin will have less sacks than this year and be called a bust because we didnt improve the D-line. Call me crazy but I dont see this d being better we still have the same sad players up front on D and teams will run up the midlle all day on us and Webster will not be the answer. he has some long sundays in front of him. Palmer will do all right with the O but as long as frasiers runing the D we have no shot. This guy has added speed but everybodys undersized and i can see the leauge Pickin up on this quick. The schedule is harder and we have a QB that will make more mistakes than kitna did . If I had to guess Id say 6-10. Chad ,Willie,Steinbach make the pro bowl.

The bengals will be worse this year than last year! We will not make the playoffs and are D will be the worst in the leauge! Justin will have less sacks than this year and be called a bust because we didnt improve the D-line. Call me crazy but I dont see this d being better we still have the same sad players up front on D and teams will run up the midlle all day on us and Webster will not be the answer. he has some long sundays in front of him. Palmer will do all right with the O but as long as frasiers runing the D we have no shot. This guy has added speed but everybodys undersized and i can see the leauge Pickin up on this quick. The schedule is harder and we have a QB that will make more mistakes than kitna did . If I had to guess Id say 6-10. Chad ,Willie,Steinbach make the pro bowl.

i understand you thinking that our D could be a weakness this year, but how do you see it being WORSE than last year? we dropped a few players, and the few players we gained are arguably better (webster, herring, o'neal). then don't forget that hardy is going back to the spot he is comfortable in, which has to count for something. also, as you said, the defense is faster than before. while you may be correct in the fact that speed alone won't make this defense solid, you are way off base to say that it isn't an improvement.

the worst case scenario is that our defense breaks even compared to last year. i believe that it will be moderately improved. it could possibly move up to a top 20 defense. in '05, however, i think it will make a much larger leap due to players such as mathias askew, keiwan ratliff, and madieu williams having a year of play behind them.

I agree the secondary will be better and has potential which wont make a difference because no one is going to pass against us. cleveland showed the leauge how you beat the bengals( run inside). Are rune d could be worse because of the lack of Steele in the rotation. Football begins upfront and we dont have it on d, This was are major weakness last year and we failed to adrress it. This is going to ruin Justins career as he is surronded by average players with thorton being the only one with any upside. Last year we played damn near perfect offense and just out scored people this year we will have some growing pains with Palmer and I realy cant see us being better as far as record goes.

I agree the secondary will be better and has potential which wont make a difference because no one is going to pass against us. cleveland showed the leauge how you beat the bengals( run inside). Are rune d could be worse because of the lack of Steele in the rotation. Football begins upfront and we dont have it on d, This was are major weakness last year and we failed to adrress it. This is going to ruin Justins career as he is surronded by average players with thorton being the only one with any upside. Last year we played damn near perfect offense and just out scored people this year we will have some growing pains with Palmer and I realy cant see us being better as far as record goes.

Spain,

Are you a long-lost relative???

I agree with everything you said. No D-Line = ONE LONG-ASS SEASON. Failing to address the D-Line in Free Agency = Same Ole Bungles.

The Defense DIDN'T improve. The inept starters last year were replaced by inept starters this year.

Also, DON'T COUNT ON ROOKIES MAKING AN IMPACT. That is too damned ludicrous.

So, Spain--you ARE at least a second cousin, right???

:lol::lol:

I GUARANTEE...........

REGULAR SEASON

@ JETS=W BENGALS HAVE A BETTER TEAM

vs. MIAMI=W ITS A PRIME TIME GAME AT HOME; BENGALS WANNA START OUT STRONG; CHAD

JOHNSON IS GONNA SHOW OFF; DOLPHINS DEFENSE NOT AS DOMINANT; BENGALS

WANNA PROVE THEY CAN STOP THE RUN; A.J. FEELEY STILL NOT COMFORTABLE

WITH HIS NEW OFFENSE IN ONLY HIS SECOND GAME STARTING FOR THE FINS.

vs. BALT=W ITS PAY BACK TIME; THE BENGAL FAITHFUL WILL BE ROWDY; JAMAL LEWIS HAS A

GOOD GAME BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH AS KYLE BOLLER STRUGGLES; CHAD JOHNSON

PROVES THAT NO ONE CAN COVER HIM, EVEN IF CHRIS MCALLISTER GETS HELP.

@PITT=W THIS IS A COACHES GAME. MARVIN LEWIS WILL HAVE THE TROOPS WELL PREPARED

IN ALL THE TRICKS AND TOM FOOLERY BILL COWARD TRIES TO PULL. NO MORE FAKE

FG, PUNTS; THE REVERSE TO RANDEL EL IS SHUT DOWN. THE SCORE LOOKS CLOSE

BUT BENGALS DOMINANT THIS GAME IN ALL STATISTICS.

@CLEVE=W CLEVELAND SUCS; WINSLOW SO FAR HAS PROVED TO BE A DISTRACTION INSTEAD OF

HELP; GARCIA HAS THE FEELING OF DEJAVU DEALING WITH WINSLOW. LEE SUGGS

MAKES US LOOK SILLY, BUT RUDI MAKED THEM LOOK RETARDED.

vs. DEN=W IT'S PRIME TIME! PAY BACK TIME! AT HOME! CHAD WANTS TO PROVE TO THE WORLD

HE IS THE BEST WR IN THE GAME. O'NEAL HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE AS WELL, BENGALS ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT THIS GAME. MIKE SHANAHAN'S

JOB IS NOW ON THE LINE.

@TENN=L BENGALS ARE 6-0! BUT AFTER COMING OFF THE MONDAY NIGHTER, BENGALS ARE

TIRED, MEDIA COVERAGE ON THE BENGALS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND; ESPN IS ON

ON THE NUTTS. EVEN THOUGH THE TITANS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR, THE

CRAFTY VETS ON THIS TEAM MANAGE TO SQUEEK OUT A CLOSE ONE. THORNTON IS

IS PISSED!

vs. DALL=W A CLOSE ONE. DALLAS D IS TOUGH BUT THEY CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR CHRIS PERRY'S

VERSATILITY OUT OF THE BACK FIELD. BENGALS D IS ENOUGH TO HANDLE COWBOYS

ANEMIC OFFENSE.

vs. WASH=L MARVIN LEWIS SUFFERS A LET DOWN AS HE COACHES FOR THE FIRST TIME AGAINST

HIS OLD TEAM. AS CLINTON SOFTENS UP THE D, BRUNELL THROWS A COUPLE OF

BOMBS TO COLES; SPECIAL TEAMS SUFFERS A LET DOWN AS WELL; TOO MUCH FOR

BENGALS TO OVERCOME.

vs. PITT= L BENGALS LOOSE A CLOSE ONE; FOR SOME REASON BENGALS CAN'T SWEEP THOSE

BASTARDS. THE BENGAL FAITHFUL ARE STARTING TO GET WORRIED, AS THE BENGALS

HAVE LOST 3 OUT OF THEIR LAST 4, AFTER STARTING 6-0. THE REMAINING SCHEDULE

AHEAD LOOKS TOUGH.

vs. CLEVE=W ITS OFFICIAL! BENGALS SWEEP THE BROWNIES AS MARVIN LEWIS GIVES A

AWE INSPIRING GUT CHECK SPEECH. CARSON PALMER IS COMING INTO HIS OWN

AS HE HAS A BREAK OUT GAME AND LIGHTS THE CLOWNS 2NDRY UP.

@ BALT=L ANTHONY WRIGHT OR MAYBE KYLE BOLLER MANAGE THE GAME, AS THE RAVENS

PLAY RAVENS FOOTBALL. RUN THE BALL, NO T.O., GOOD DEFENSE.

@ PATS=L DILLION GOES OFF, AS HE HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE. BENGALS LOOSE ANOTHER

CLOSE ONE.

vs. BILLS=W PAY BACK IS A MUTHA. BENGALS PUT A WHOOPING ON BILLS. RUDI JOHNSON GOES

FOR 150 YARDS; DREW BLESDOE IS DONE.

vs. GIANTS=W MEDIA HYPES GAMES AS CARSON VS. ELI. BUT CARSON HAS THE BETTER TEAM.

BENGALS WIN EASY.

vs. PHILLY=L PHILLY NEEDS THIS GAME MORE THAN THE BENGALS BECAUSE BENGALS ALREADY

CLINCHED A PLAYOFF SPOT. BACKUPS SHOW WHAT THERE MADE OF.

FINAL RECORD= 10-6