Whats your best bad old day memory?

walzav29

I stumbled upon this article.

/>http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/10/21/tem_life_after.html

For me the all time low-low lite was that week 1 vs SD in 2002 when Oliver Gibson was rolling on the ground winded on their way to a 34-6 beating.

If we remember them days we'll appreciate now.

I don't know about "best" memory, but my worst was from a random MNF game (God knows why we were on it) in the mid-90's when Dan Dierdorf was commentating on the implosion going on on the field. At one point, he commented that "the Bengals are a team in dis-arr-ray!"

For the next several years I constantly got to hear from my buddies that exact quote -- over and over again. I think they've finally forgotten it though.

Uh,.. When mike vick destroyed us on MNF

And losing virtually every single game that year except the texans and saints...:P

How do I choose?

I remember '93 was a painful year....Having to wait until Week 12 to get the first win (at Home vs. Raiders)....... That 3-13 record allowed us to draft The Great...Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson....Over #2 Pick Marshall Faulk....But we made up for that mistake the next year taking Ki-Jana...oops...nevermind.

Why bring up such a depressing topic?

Uh,.. When mike vick destroyed us on MNF

And losing virtually every single game that year except the texans and saints...:P

Silver lining = drafting Carson Palmer in 2003

How do I choose?

I remember '93 was a painful year....Having to wait until Week 12 to get the first win (at Home vs. Raiders)....... That 3-13 record allowed us to draft The Great...Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson....Over #2 Pick Marshall Faulk....But we made up for that mistake the next year taking Ki-Jana....

instead of Tony Boselli

For me it was passing on the Marshall Faulk in 1994 and not making the Ricky Williams trade with NO.

For me, the 2-14 seasons were easy to deal with. You knew they would lose - badly and embarassingly - so it was easier as a fan since you weren't disappointed. For me, the hardest were the mid-90s teams that would get just close enough to tease before laying an egg.

It always seemed to me that you could set a clock by Jeff Blake's patented choke jobs, usually consisting of a ball thrown at an open receiver's feet on late-game 3rd downs. Dude would suck you in with the prettiest deep ball in the game then fall apart down the stretch, or so it seemed.

For me, the 2-14 seasons were easy to deal with. You knew they would lose - badly and embarassingly - so it was easier as a fan since you weren't disappointed. For me, the hardest were the mid-90s teams that would get just close enough to tease before laying an egg.

It always seemed to me that you could set a clock by Jeff Blake's patented choke jobs, usually consisting of a ball thrown at an open receiver's feet on late-game 3rd downs. Dude would suck you in with the prettiest deep ball in the game then fall apart down the stretch, or so it seemed.

That makes me think of a couple of plays. The first is the season opener against Tennessee and Blake has to leave the game with leg cramps with us in the lead. We lose that game which kinda set up the rest of that season (1998, 1999?).

The other is Corey Dillon getting stuffed at the goal line by Tennessee (I believe) on the Bengals patented pulling-guard trap on several occasions.

You're right. So close yet so far away.

For me the all time low-low lite was that week 1 vs SD in 2002 when Oliver Gibson was rolling on the ground winded on their way to a 34-6 beating.

Wow, how can you go with that game and not say the left handed interception thrown by Frerotte? That was more embarrassing than a winded 300lb lineman, IMO.

Wow, how can you go with that game and not say the left handed interception thrown by Frerotte? That was more embarrassing than a winded 300lb lineman, IMO.

It wasn't just Oliver Gibson. That whole winded beat down defense summed up everything bad about the organization. Coaches, facilities, training. All horrible. Do you remember Willie Anderson bragging about the new towels during training camp?

It wasn't just Oliver Gibson. That whole winded beat down defense summed up everything bad about the organization. Coaches, facilities, training. All horrible. Do you remember Willie Anderson bragging about the new towels during training camp?

They didn't have a conditioning program back then. That's why we always sucked during the first half of the year and picked it up in the second.

No I don't remember him bragging about towels. My mind must have put a block on that ridiculous memory.

http://www.enquirer....life_after.html

They didn't have a conditioning program back then. That's why we always sucked during the first half of the year and picked it up in the second.

No I don't remember him bragging about towels. My mind must have put a block on that ridiculous memory.

They finally got towels that were big enough to "fit" around the offense linemen. I guess it was a big deal to the players.

My bad OLD days were: Stanley Wilson missing Super Bowl XXIII because of his drug problem and watching Tim Krumrie break his leg.

I was bummed out for months after both of those.

But the lowest point was the first day for each.

My bad OLD days were: Stanley Wilson missing Super Bowl XXIII because of his drug problem and watching Tim Krumrie break his leg.

I was bummed out for months after both of those.

But the lowest point was the first day for each.

That was a bad day, but I consider that season a highlight.

• 2 weeks later...

I think when Kitna tossed that pick 6 to Philip Buchanon on the drive to win the game in Oakland.

Damn. This exercise is like regurgitating a long since eaten meal you hoped you'd never see again.

This was a good sign to me. This was evidence that Marv was turning it around.

I remember the Dillon goal line play. I was sitting 10 rows from the field in that corner of the endzone.

I would say the goal line fumble against the Bucs would be one.

I was also at the last game played at the old Browns stadium, and we lost.

Anything in 2002.

I would say any time we played BFF Jerome Bettis and he just kept leaning his fat self for another 2 or 5 yards after contact. God did I hate him and his BFF self.

What about every laser Klingler threw over the heads of the recievers?

I remember seing Kitna look so scared in Baltimore he almost pissed himself.

Ahh the memories.