It Is What It Is

HairOnFire

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS,Once again he's only missing voluntary workouts not mandatory If he misses the Mandatory,Then I could see calling him a douche who no longer cares about the game but right now I don't see it as any different as Dhani doing his show "shrug"

Agree that it's only voluntary, but Carson seems to think it's important with all the new stuff in the passing offense. Carson's words seem to speak more to me right now than anything else. More to the point, I think he's making my argument easier.

Carson is just saying what he has to. If he were to say "I don't want to talk about Chad" when asked, people would think there is a major problem. If he were to say "It's Ok if Chad's not here" he could catch crap for that too. He answered the questions the only way he could.

Now...for all the "new stuff in the passing game" Last I checked Bratkowski was still the Offensive Coordinator, so how much "new stuff" could there possibly be? Besides, Chad is going into his 10th year in Brat's system, and 7th with Palmer as his QB. If there are any changes, they will probably be small, maybe a few new plays, a few wrinkles here and there. They're not re-inventing the wheel. Same QB, Same Coordinator, so timing and language will not change at all. If their are some "tweaks" Chad should pick them up right away, any changes to routes....he's one of the best route runners.

It is what it is.

Carson is just saying what he has to. If he were to say "I don't want to talk about Chad" when asked, people would think there is a major problem. If he were to say "It's Ok if Chad's not here" he could catch crap for that too. He answered the questions the only way he could.

Now...for all the "new stuff in the passing game" Last I checked Bratkowski was still the Offensive Coordinator, so how much "new stuff" could there possibly be? Besides, Chad is going into his 10th year in Brat's system, and 7th with Palmer as his QB. If there are any changes, they will probably be small, maybe a few new plays, a few wrinkles here and there. They're not re-inventing the wheel. Same QB, Same Coordinator, so timing and language will not change at all. If their are some "tweaks" Chad should pick them up right away, any changes to routes....he's one of the best route runners.

It is what it is.

Carson could have easily said how he agrees with coach Lewis and KNOWS that when Chad gets there, he will be in shape and ready to go. That wouldn't be out of the thought process for people to believe, but he didn't do that. He said what he did.

As for Brat still being the offensive coordinator and how much "new stuff" can there be, I agree with what you are saying. However, once again, we are left with Carson's own words in saying in his eight years of being here, it's the most "new stuff" being added and it's the biggest overhaul.

Now while I will agree that some of those changes may not be so dramatic for Chad, timing still needs to be worked on and with those changes that are installed, it would only make sense to say things would more along at a faster pace if all were participating.

Once again though, we are only left with Carson's own words. I find it odd that some (not you Pimp) will say how happy they are with Carson's leadership, but when that leadership may challenge a player they love (see Chad) all of a sudden Carson's leadership becomes a question. People can't have it both ways. While I am readily able to admit there are things Carson needs to improve upon, he also needs the people there to aid in that endeavor.

Of course Chad ought to get his a$$ into town. Goes without saying.

As for Carson, I recall him saying the same stuff about Housh, and people rushed to claim TJ's absence was No Big Deal.

Well, Chad wasn't around last year and he still had 1,000+ yards in a year when he had zero help.

Tempest, meet teapot.

I find it odd that some (not you Pimp) will say how happy they are with Carson's leadership, but when that leadership may challenge a player they love (see Chad) all of a sudden Carson's leadership becomes a question. People can't have it both ways. While I am readily able to admit there are things Carson needs to improve upon, he also needs the people there to aid in that endeavor.

I agree, and you can't be a good leader without challenging your troops a little (threw that in for you Army).

Make no mistake, I think Chad SHOULD be here, but he's not, and IMO it won't make that much of a difference. What we really need is to get the Rookie's like Gresham, Shipley, and Briscoe signed and in on time so they can learn the "new stuff" in the offense, and the offense in general.

I find it odd that some (not you Pimp) will say how happy they are with Carson's leadership, but when that leadership may challenge a player they love (see Chad) all of a sudden Carson's leadership becomes a question. People can't have it both ways. While I am readily able to admit there are things Carson needs to improve upon, he also needs the people there to aid in that endeavor.

I agree, and you can't be a good leader without challenging your troops a little (threw that in for you Army).

Make no mistake, I think Chad SHOULD be here, but he's not, and IMO it won't make that much of a difference. What we really need is to get the Rookie's like Gresham, Shipley, and Briscoe signed and in on time so they can learn the "new stuff" in the offense, and the offense in general.

Well, if you were to ask me which was more important, Chad being in on time or getting the rookies signed without any hold out and I would say getting the rookies in. I hope the Bengals can have their full allotment of rookies without any issues. That would be nice !!! Gresham should be a HUGE priority.

Now...for all the "new stuff in the passing game" Last I checked Bratkowski was still the Offensive Coordinator, so how much "new stuff" could there possibly be?

I'm going to guess... a lot.

Last year Brat said he was going to revamp the running game. I think we can all agree that there were some major changes to the offensive playbook. And by major, I'm not just talking production. Even after Brat lost every damn one of his TEs, the Bengals did stuff with the O-Line that was new and different enough that some analysts compared it to the Wildcat.

This year Brat said he was going to revamp the passing game. Now Carson is saying it's the biggest change since he entered the league. I'll bet he's not just making it up.

I'm putting myself out on a limb here and saying... it's going to be a very different passing game. Whether or not it will be effective is yet to be seen - but I'll bet there is plenty of new stuff for Chad to learn.

I do want to say that I am very high on Antonio Bryant and do expect good things from him this year. More benefit than Coles.

Well Christ I hope. That's like saying I hope my dinner tastes better than a fresh pile of sh*t. Which, coincidentally, also describes Coles' play last year.

:lmao:

Coles was a huge disappointment..he is still looking for a job after making 10 million last year. wow

PFT article

It seems like Bengal fans are not the only ones frustrated with Chad.

Read through the comments. Very few people backing Chad... Almost unanimous support for Palmer and his comments.

Just sayin'

Have you read the comments on PFT?

Take Kaz out and the rest of the bunch is quite ridiculous. I would be careful grouping yourself with any of their opinions.

Reputations may be tainted. :P I kid.

Chad went on Sirius radio yesterday and answered Carson's concerns.

As usual, he was nearly incoherent.

First, he said Carson was right. He said he should be there working with the team.

Then, he kept referrring Carson as "Nine", and to himself as "the number one receiver".

Then he said he doesn't understand why Carson doesn't just call him up and say there is actually important stuff going on in Cincinnati, because he'd drop everything and be there immediately. He said he's had the same phone number for 10 years so Carson could surely reach him if anything important was happening.

This whole "Carson thinks he should be there" thing is a big mystery to Chad, because Carson's never said anything to him about it. Chad seemed to be vaguely aware that something was going on in Cincinnati, but unless Carson personally calls him and explains exactly what's happening back here, Chad's just going to stay in California doing the important work VH1 hired him for.

Now would be a good time for Chad apologists, the same ones who talked about how ballroom dancing and boxing are great training for NFL football, to explain how plunging his member into an STD-cesspool of reality show skank is great training for football.

Something along the lines of, "Chad knows the playbook, he's always in great shape, a mouth full of herpes sores and a 101 degree syphilis fever will make him unstoppable!"

Chad went on Sirius radio yesterday and answered Carson's concerns.

As usual, he was nearly incoherent.

First, he said Carson was right. He said he should be there working with the team.

Then, he kept referrring Carson as "Nine", and to himself as "the number one receiver".

Then he said he doesn't understand why Carson doesn't just call him up and say there is actually important stuff going on in Cincinnati, because he'd drop everything and be there immediately. He said he's had the same phone number for 10 years so Carson could surely reach him if anything important was happening.

This whole "Carson thinks he should be there" thing is a big mystery to Chad, because Carson's never said anything to him about it. Chad seemed to be vaguely aware that something was going on in Cincinnati, but unless Carson personally calls him and explains exactly what's happening back here, Chad's just going to stay in California doing the important work VH1 hired him for.

Now would be a good time for Chad apologists, the same ones who talked about how ballroom dancing and boxing are great training for NFL football, to explain how plunging his member into an STD-cesspool of reality show skank is great training for football.

Something along the lines of, "Chad knows the playbook, he's always in great shape, a mouth full of herpes sores and a 101 degree syphilis fever will make him unstoppable!"

Tuesday (Ive read Chad will show up before mandatories start - Monday maybe) cant get here soon enough. Then a new drama will have to be drummed up.

I vote for kicker battle and possible downgrade at that position - or our lack of a fullback.

Now another question I have is which Chad dislikers will watch his VH1 show. And what are the motivations for watching said show? ( I dont plan on watching just like I didnt watch the dancing show)

Also, Im sure all the girls on that show are nice wholesome ladies and are probably tested for STD's regularly.

PFT article

It seems like Bengal fans are not the only ones frustrated with Chad.

Read through the comments. Very few people backing Chad... Almost unanimous support for Palmer and his comments.

Just sayin'

Have you read the comments on PFT?

Take Kaz out and the rest of the bunch is quite ridiculous. I would be careful grouping yourself with any of their opinions.

Reputations may be tainted. :P I kid.

It's a fair point... but I wasn't really trying to group myself with them. I was more pointing out that even a bunch idiots who generally look for reasons to make themselves sound stupid have a hard time supporting Chad.

And vice versa. If Chad doesn't like the things that Palmer says, he could call Palmer up... but far be it from him to pass up an opportunity to have his voice heard by the masses.

I'd also bet that Palmer has had many conversations with Chad over the years, and for better or worse has decided that his efforts are better spent elsewhere. I've seen a lot of interviews with Chad (even when he was his fun-loving self) and it's not difficult to conclude that he's a hard person to reason with.

This is a tad more interesting than usual, because Carson is turning up the heat a bit. Would not expect anything to come of it, but it is interesting.

More interesting than usual?

Can I assume the usual refers to the now numbing daily grind that always awaits those who accept a grinning clown being the face of the franchise?

This year Brat said he was going to revamp the passing game. Now Carson is saying it's the biggest change since he entered the league. I'll bet he's not just making it up.

I'm putting myself out on a limb here and saying... it's going to be a very different passing game. Whether or not it will be effective is yet to be seen - but I'll bet there is plenty of new stuff for Chad to learn.

X2

Also, Im sure all the girls on that show are nice wholesome ladies and are probably tested for STD's regularly.

Doubt the wholesome part, but I'm sure (for liability reasons) VH1 will make sure all skanks (err contestants) are screened for STD's.

VH1 is whore-show central, and I havent heard any STD stories about people on Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, For the Love of Ray J, Love of 1-legged women,your momma,neighbor,sister,cousin,teacher, or the 200 other types of shows like that they air.

X2

It's still Bratkowski -5 until he proves otherwise. Why is he still our Offensive Coordinator again?

Can we start another FIRE BRAT thread? Or is it too soon/late?

It's still Bratkowski...

And you're still defending Chad's absence even after you admitted he should be there.

Just saying...

I'm not defending his absence, like I said, I think he should be here.....but he's not...It is what it is. What I do know is, when Chad is around, he busts his a$$, so I'm not overly concerned about him picking up any new wrinkles in the offense.

Just saying...

It's still Bratkowski...

And you're still defending Chad's absence even after you admitted he should be there.

Just saying...

I'm not defending his absence, like I said, I think he should be here.....but he's not...

There it is.

The chewy chocolate core of the matter.

There's no reason whatsoever to mention Bratkowski, or for that matter....no reason to wonder aloud why Palmer is calling Chad out. In fact, no reason to deflect or redirect things at all.

Chad should be there...but he's not.

Instead, he's off somewhere building Brand Ocho while everyone else who plays for the Bengals works with a common goal in mind.

I graduated from Air Force basic training today, and am currently enjoying a town pass in San Antonio. With family present, I don't have much time to read this thread and prepare a completely relevant response based upon the progression of this conversation. I feel compelled to say something though.I stopped at Burger King just to see the television inside, and much to my delight it was tuned in to ESPN and a big Bengals "B" was right there on the screen. Wonderful luck, I thought, that so soon upon my release into the world would I be able to catch a Bengals story. My pleasure was nearly immediately flattened however when I came to see that the story was nothing more than a dramatic he-said/she-said fit between Chad and Carson. I've been utterly deprived of my beloved Bengals for two months, and even still I couldn't make myself care.The title of this thread is perfectly fitting. It is what it is. How about that draft though? I like what I am seeing.