World Cup

AGrizzlyBaer

I just thought since it is about a week till the Cup opens up. I was wondering who you thought would win it and who are you cheering for?

I know I am really going out on a limb when I say I think Spanish will win.... I will also be cheering for our boys in red white and blue. If we don't make the round of 16 this year I will be disappointed.

I can't stand the guy when he is wearing chelsea blue, but major bummer for Ivory Coast losing Drogba with a broken arm...I know playing in his home continent meant a lot to him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought since it is about a week till the Cup opens up. I was wondering who you thought would win it and who are you cheering for?

I know I am really going out on a limb when I say I think Spanish will win.... I will also be cheering for our boys in red white and blue. If we don't make the round of 16 this year I will be disappointed.

I can't stand the guy when he is wearing chelsea blue, but major bummer for Ivory Coast losing Drogba with a broken arm...I know playing in his home continent meant a lot to him.

I'm going to try to watch the matches the U.S.A. team plays in. It just get tedious to me at times.

I'm going to try to watch the matches the U.S.A. team plays in. It just get tedious to me at times.

I completely understand Billy. If some how we can draw against England I would imagine we can make it to the round of 16.Can't wait for the match.

Of course I will be rooting for our team. I will probably watch every game of their and a bunch of the others. I really enjoy both playing and watching soccer matches, but understand others dislike in watching if you've never played the sport. Outside of the American team, my 2nd favorite team always has been and always will be ITALY. There are other teams I enjoy watching like Germany, England, and even the Mexico team, but with my heritage and the many years of America not being a thought in World Cup play, Italy was always the "it" team for me.

I hate France...

I hate France...

Well said that man!thumbsup3.gif

I will be cheering for the english in every game except against us. Bad break losing the captain for the tournament. Though my favorite player is assuming the role.

However hard I try, and however much respect I have for the talent in the squad, I just cannot bring myself to cheer them on.

A.B.E as it's known up here = Anyone But England.

I hope the tournament is full of excitement and skill and is a great success. Argentina are my tip to win it. Don't like Italy, they dive and cheat and feign injury so much - just shut up and get on with it Luigi!!!

Holland always put on a good show but fail to make a serious impact. Can Spain live up to the expectation after being crowned the champions of Europe? Germany are always there or thereabouts and have excellent pedigree in major tournaments.

And has someone has already said .................................... "i hate France" !

Billy - the woman in your photo seems to have collapsed under the shear weight of her humungus jugs!ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Fair play that girl for growing 'em so well - she's like the drugbaron of a mammory nature!

I will be cheering for the english in every game except against us. Bad break losing the captain for the tournament. Though my favorite player is assuming the role.

However hard I try, and however much respect I have for the talent in the squad, I just cannot bring myself to cheer them on.

I hope the tournament is full of excitement and skill and is a great success. Argentina are my tip to win it. Don't like Italy, they dive and cheat and feign injury so much - just shut up and get on with it Luigi!!!

Holland always put on a good show but fail to make a serious impact. Can Spain live up to the expectation after being crowned the champions of Europe? Germany are always there or thereabouts and have excellent pedigree in major tournaments.

And has someone has already said .................................... "i hate France" !

ah, scottish, i'm deeply dissapointed in you ;)

but i'll certainly join you in a " i hate france"!!!

jon

ah, scottish, i'm deeply dissapointed in you wink.gif

jon

Don't take it to heart Jon - it's nothing but pure jealousy, pure unadulterated, green eyed jealousy.

What I would give for a team that could qualify for a tournament and then be expected to progress past round 1.

jon

Don't take it to heart Jon - it's nothing but pure jealousy, pure unadulterated, green eyed jealousy.

What I would give for a team that could qualify for a tournament and then be expected to progress past round 1.

yeah, i know mate. its a shame really,cos scotland, wales and ireland used to produce some great players and good teams. Unfortunately, with the readily available and cheap players from around the world, the chances that home grown talent will get spotted and developed are declining.

just hoping we don't go out on penalties again..... ;)

jon

yeah, i know mate. its a shame really,cos scotland, wales and ireland used to produce some great players and good teams. Unfortunately, with the readily available and cheap players from around the world, the chances that home grown talent will get spotted and developed are declining.

just hoping we don't go out on penalties again..... wink.gif

Scotland will rise again! Just as soon as Disneyland let us have our goalie back laugh.gif

Surely ANOTHER penalty shoot-out would be so unfair, not the way to settle a match but it is exciting. Hope you enjoy the tournament matey.thumbsup3.gif

I'm particularly looking forward to the 22nd June when France play South Africa.

My neighbour is French and his daughter has just married a South African who is living with them so that could be quite "atmospheric" ........ I wonder if I should take some beers roundtongue.gif

Better yet Scottish, go plant a forehead to the chest of your French neighbor and THEN offer some beers !!!

Wouldn't mind planting my forehead in the chest of his mrs but I might never get it back out - a good, sturdy, well developed highland lassie, with a pair of wangers that would make Billybroome's camera go all wideangle on him!

Better yet Scottish, go plant a forehead to the chest of your French neighbor and THEN offer some beers !!!

Wouldn't mind planting my forehead in the chest of his mrs but I might never get it back out - a good, sturdy, well developed highland lassie, with a pair of wangers that would make Billybroome's camera go all wideangle on him!

biggrin.gif

not a good moment......

at least we haven't lost the first game, which is always important. still fancy england and usa to go through ;)

I'm not familiar enough with the sport to make assumptions as to which teams will make the cut, but from what I saw England had more pressure on the goal during the match than did the USA.

BTW that was the 1st soccer game I watched from beginning to end.

[bTW that was the 1st soccer game I watched from beginning to end.

Excellent - and it was a match that had a Scottish influence - the goalkeeping! On that note England, when can Scotland have their goalie back biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Apparantly Mickey Mouse wants a Rob Green watch for xmas!!!