Kimbo Slice beaten bad in fight

A tough day for a former internet sensation.

Kimbo's UFC run is done

By Steve Cofield

UFC president Dana White laid down the challenge to Internet phenom Kimbo Slice and the street fighter accepted it. Kimbo made it through his stint on Season 10 of "The Ultimate Fighter" and got two more fights with the promotion.

Slice went 1-1 in the UFC after the reality show, including a bad loss tonight at UFC 113 against Matt Mitrione. The fight was so one-sided, the UFC president decided to give Kimbo his pink slip.

"That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC," said White. "Listen, Kimbo made it farther than I thought he would."

When Slice was the centerpiece of CBS' EliteXC promotion, his status drove White nuts. He slammed and badmouthed Kimbo, saying the only way he'd make it to the UFC was to take part in the UFC's prospect show on Spike. That was a bitter pill to swallow for a guy who had earned between $250,000-$500,000 in each of three EliteXC fights.

"I didn't know Kimbo, I just knew what I saw," White said of his previous pro MMA fights and his work on YouTube. "The first time I ever met him I said, 'This is going to be an interesting meeting with the [expletive] I've said about him over the years.' "

Slice and his handlers were not combative. They just wanted the fighter to get a chance at legitimacy.

"He came in. He couldn't be a nicer guy. He took things serious, trained and went after it," said White. "His first fight wasn't the YouTube fights you saw. He won that fight [against Houston Alexander on the TUF 10 finale]. He deserved another fight in the UFC and he lost. Got nothing but respect for Kimbo and I like him as a person. And I think he's carried himself really well."

When asked about the "probably" in his original Kimbo quote, White then said definitively that Slice was gone.

I'm suprised they cut him after a 1-1 record more so since he beat Houston alaxander who beat Jardine a very good light heavy weight...I think it is because Dana Hates Matt Mitrione...

They pair him with Marcus Jones expecting him to get destroyed but he knocks jones out...then they pair him vs Kimbo thinking well their both standup guys so kimbo should destroy him but instead gets knocked out...

Houston should be ashamed of himself for losing to Kimbo. They paired Kimbo up with the only UFC fighter in existence that has less stamina than him.

Kimbo is not a mixed martial artist. He doesn't know Jiu Jitsu. He has bad knees, so he can't defend against Muay Thai. He's good at punching. That's it. MMA is a little more complex than that. He's just a pop-culture icon and Dana White knows it.

Kimbo has name recognition, so it's easy publicity for the UFC... but they cut him anyway. Why? Because the UFC wants to be taken seriously, and if they employ guys like Kimbo who are famous, but don't deserve to be there... it's not a real sport.

Michael Jordan never played for the White Sox big club just because he would put butts in the seats. You have to earn your way... and Kimbo hasn't. There are hundreds of more deservng guys out there. We just don't know their names.

As for Mitrione... He knocked out Big Baby who has no chin, and he beat Kimbo. Hardly a great resume... but he's got just enough crazy in him to compete, and a damn good chin. He's going to get knocked out someday, but no one takes a punch like a dumb white guy. :lol:

Kimbo Slice is a joke. No ground game, No submission, No defense, No Stamina, and weak legs.

Dana White knew this all along, but he also knew Kimbo could draw TV ratings for Ultimate Fighter, and even generate some interest in a fight or two.

The guy lost to guys like Matt Mitrione (ha) and Seth Petruzelli (HA HA)

This isn't MMA of 10-12 years ago, you can't be one-dimensional and win fights just standing up. You absolutely MUST have a ground game.

Next up for Kimbo....WWE Wrestling ?????