Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

Im not talking about Chad anymore.

But - No 85 blah blah blah testament to 85's blah blah blah

Sounds like your promises are on equal footing with Chad's

But didnt he look real quick out there?

Oh Just read this.

From Marv.

“Yeah, he was in. It was a hell of a play,” said Lewis, who then watched Ochocinco catch a couple of more balls working against Hall’s side in the period.

“Remember what we said when he went to Dancing With The Stars?” Lewis asked. “It was the best thing. Stay the hell away from me and give other guys reps and snaps and he wouldn’t be in my ear all the time saying, ‘Why am I here? I’m not getting any reps.’

“And it’s good for him because you can’t wear him out when he’s here because he wants to take every snap. He’s had four good practices. We’ve had guys out here that haven’t been practicing and they look behind. He doesn’t look behind. He’s way different than he was in ’08. He’ll be fine.” …

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and rumors Haynesworth may be cut.

According to Shanahan he'll be cut or traded only IF he agrees to pay back a portion of his signing bonus. Which Albert most certainly won't do....so he won't be cut outright.

I'm still thinking trade, and yeah.....I'm still interested.

"Oh my my. Oh hell yes."

Is this all because he doesnt want to play in a 3-4 or is this guy just messed up in the head. I know he stomped a helmetless player and I think he almost killed someone in a car accident a while back. But what is his issue?

He just got a contract last year. 100 Million. Is it Washington? Does this guy have a real beef or is it just in his nature to cause waves.

One thing I am happy is that Odom's production last year showed that it wasnt all Haynesworth and Van Den Bosch opening up lanes to get those nice sack seasons in Tennessee.

followed by in quick succession by

and

so.......what exactly would it be like if you actually started talking about Chad, as opposed to now, where you're (as you say) not talking about him at all?

followed by in quick succession

and

so.......what exactly would it be like if you actually started talking about Chad, as opposed to now, where you're (as you say) not talking about him at all?

Well, Over the weekend I mentioned that I wasn't gonna debate about Chad anymore.

But today I wanted to mention that his quickness in and out of breaks is very quick. Especially compared to some of our other WRs.

So smiling as I typed I had to recant a little to mention this thing I saw.

I am trying to start discussion about the minicamp videos. :o

I know it is serious business around here, but cmon TJ. Hey Quan looked really good as well. He is a lock IMO.

:cheers:

The rumor now is, the Redskins will be going after the 26 million they recently paid him. With that being the case, the odds of them actually collecting any of that 26 million are greatly decreased if Haynesworth is cut. I really don't know what is going through Albert's big dome, but if I could play at that level and was paid what he was paid, I'd play any configuration you want to try on the defensive side of the ball and simply tell people it doesn't matter because i'm going to f*cking dominate.

All that aside, yeah, I'm still interested. The money would be the deciding factor, not really giving up a 2nd rounder, if that's what it takes.

I wouldn't touch Haynesworth. I'd rather spend on defensive dollars on extending J-Joe and Hall, not throwing them after another head case.

As for the specifics of the case and his owing or not owing $26 million to the Skins, all I can say is that it couldn't happen to a nicer owner. Snyderbrenner makes Mikey look like a genius.

I wouldn't touch Haynesworth. I'd rather spend on defensive dollars on extending J-Joe and Hall.....

Why pretend you can't do both?

As for the specifics of the case and his owing or not owing $26 million to the Skins, all I can say is that it couldn't happen to a nicer owner.

Now that you mention it....I'd love to see the Bengals step into the same "behind the scenes" 3rd party role that Washington played when Chad was openly attempting to force a trade from the Bengals.

Now that you mention it....I'd love to see the Bengals step into the same "behind the scenes" 3rd party role that Washington played when Chad was openly attempting to force a trade from the Bengals.

I want to see that for one reason: I want to know if Danny has the gall to cry tampering when, by all accounts, they had Haynesworth fully signed to a contract at like 12:01 on the first day of free agency last year.

We'll see about Haynesworth's fate. He seems determined on the scorched-earth path. The more I see, the less I like. I'd still take him at the right price, but I'm pretty sure that some dumb GM will overpay for the potential (that I don't think he'll fulfill) and name recognition.

I don't want Haynesworth because comfertable with what we have at the position now but ESPN article sums up how feel about whats going down with jets.

I signed with the Redskins expecting to be a havoc-creating, quarterback-attacking playmaker in a 4-3 defense. That's the role in which I excel; that's the style of play I enjoy; that's what was promised during my free-agent courtship. Only now, the team has shifted to a new coaching staff and a new 3-4 scheme, which basically asks me to eat double-team blocks. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd like a little more excitement. A lot more glory. Please send me somewhere else.

Is that really so awful? So craven?

Because this column is about the 6-foot-6, 350-pound Haynesworth -- and not, say, the 5-6, 185-pound Darren Sproles -- let's try a food analogy. Imagine you're a pastry chef. The top pastry chef in New York. A bunch of restaurants want you. One restaurant offers you more money than the others, plus the opportunity to run the dessert menu. You take it. A year later, the same restaurant switches to an all-fondue format and demands that you become a sous chef, chopping chocolate-dippable fruit wedges in the back room.

Technically, you're still preparing dessert. And you're still working with sugar. Woo-hoo! But otherwise, it's not exactly the gig you signed up for. Would you be annoyed? Feeling jerked around? Would you maybe call in sick and check the restaurant want ads, even though you're perfectly healthy? Would you try to prepare apple tarts somewhere else, perhaps move to a soufflé-friendly city like Boston or Philadelphia?

It's not about the money the guy simply wants to play in the Defense where he excels which makes since...Had the Redskins hinted they planned on switching to the 3-4 a year later I doubt he would have signed with them over the Titans who were offering almost as much money.

I don't want Haynesworth because comfertable with what we have at the position now but ESPN article sums up how feel about whats going down with jets.

I signed with the Redskins expecting to be a havoc-creating, quarterback-attacking playmaker in a 4-3 defense. That's the role in which I excel; that's the style of play I enjoy; that's what was promised during my free-agent courtship. Only now, the team has shifted to a new coaching staff and a new 3-4 scheme, which basically asks me to eat double-team blocks. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd like a little more excitement. A lot more glory. Please send me somewhere else.

Because this column is about the 6-foot-6, 350-pound Haynesworth -- and not, say, the 5-6, 185-pound Darren Sproles -- let's try a food analogy. Imagine you're a pastry chef. The top pastry chef in New York. A bunch of restaurants want you. One restaurant offers you more money than the others, plus the opportunity to run the dessert menu. You take it. A year later, the same restaurant switches to an all-fondue format and demands that you become a sous chef, chopping chocolate-dippable fruit wedges in the back room.

Technically, you're still preparing dessert. And you're still working with sugar. Woo-hoo! But otherwise, it's not exactly the gig you signed up for. Would you be annoyed? Feeling jerked around? Would you maybe call in sick and check the restaurant want ads, even though you're perfectly healthy? Would you try to prepare apple tarts somewhere else, perhaps move to a soufflé-friendly city like Boston or Philadelphia?

It's not about the money the guy simply wants to play in the Defense where he excels which makes since...Had the Redskins hinted they planned on switching to the 3-4 a year later I doubt he would have signed with them over the Titans who were offering almost as much money.

I can see how he might feel he was misled, but when Washington signed him, I'm sure they never dreamed they would land a Coach like Shannahan (who has a hard-on for the 3-4) but he's going about things the wrong way. He never even gave the 3-4 a chance, never even practiced in Shanny's D to know whether or not it fits him, he never even gave it a shot......Besides, for $100 million (which he has collected over $30+ mill in one year), if they asked me to mop the locker room floors...I'd do it.

I can see how he might feel he was misled, but when Washington signed him, I'm sure they never dreamed they would land a Coach like Shannahan (who has a hard-on for the 3-4) but he's going about things the wrong way. He never even gave the 3-4 a chance, never even practiced in Shanny's D to know whether or not it fits him, he never even gave it a shot......Besides, for $100 million (which he has collected over $30+ mill in one year), if they asked me to mop the locker room floors...I'd do it.

ALso, wasnt he given the opportunity to seek a trade before april? You would think he would be a desired commodity. Especially since his contract is fairly manageable now. Since he took the 21 million - that means he made the decision to play in a 3-4 and relinquishes any complaining ground.

So I assume Haynesworth didnt do much last year in a 4-3 in washington to get many teams interested in his services.

You accept my 21 million? You do whatever I ask of you. Or give it back.

Yeah, kind of how I see his situation as well. He took the money, so I think he should honor his contract. Kind of wanting your cake and eating it to. If he truly wants out of his contract, maybe he should try giving the money back. Then again, he getting that money from the Redskins is the reason it made his contract reasonable in a trade scenario, so I don't see that really helping.

It would put more on the team trying to acquire him as well as having to give up what would probably be a 2nd pick to the Redskins.

Although I don't like how he's handling the situation in Washington, I still wouldn't mind seeing a 6-5, 365lb Haynesworth in our rotation.

Just me.

Also, the reports about him not doing anything last year are crap. I mentioned an article I can't post from ESPN outsider, but it broke his play down from last year and based on what he was able to do for the other players on that defense (that stats don't show) he had the same type of production and impact he had when he was with the Titans. It wasn't some BS article either, it was very well put together.

I'm simply at a point now, where I just don't envision the Bengals touching this. I'm ok with what we have though.

He never even gave the 3-4 a chance, never even practiced in Shanny's D to know whether or not it fits him,

Haynesworth would be a nose guard in the 3-4, his job would be to occcupy o-linemen so the linebackers can run free and make the tackles. It would basically make him a blocker, so other guys could make the tackles and sacks. It is kind of like taking a running back who has been the man, and making him a blocking back. So I think he has a pretty good understanding of his role without ever practicing in it.

He's a fool for not just taking the money and playing. He is way overpaid, I don't think he's even all that good. He'll never get another contract like the one Snyder game him. Never. So he should just play as hard as he can, and hope for a trade after the season. Because his only leverage is to not play, ie breach the contract. He'll never get paid like this again, so he should embrace the suck.

I wouldn't touch Haynesworth. I'd rather spend on defensive dollars on extending J-Joe and Hall.....

Why pretend you can't do both?

Nothing to do with pretending. The organization wouldn't do it.

Why wouldn't they do it? Has the Bengals neverending search for players who are bargains due to character issues been exhausted? I doubt it, and at 3 years and 16 million Albert Haynesworth practically defines the meaning of the word bargain. Furthermore, the organization has recently and repeatedly attempted to add a high priced difference maker at DT, including a rejected courtship of Shaun Rogers, a move that would have been far more costly than a Haynesworth deal might.

BTW, aren't you the very same poster who repeatedly pimped the idea of the Bengals trading for Brandon Marshall, a player who would have cost far more than Haynesworth's very reasonable remaining contract?

Although I don't like how he's handling the situation in Washington, I still wouldn't mind seeing a 6-5, 365lb Haynesworth in our rotation.

Just me.

No, not just you. Me too.

As for how Haynesworth is handling things, IMHO he hasn't done anything even remotely as unprofessional as Chad did in 2008.

Because his only leverage is to not play, ie breach the contract.

Actually, his greatest remaining leverage is directly related to his poor character and the very realistic threat of the player reporting, simply to get paid, but then deliberately tanking a season. (Chadwickian)

To be fair, Mike Brown deftly negated Chad's tank derived leverage by simply ignoring the tank job itself, as well as the year long media war Chad waged against the team. In fact, they even ignored Chad's admission of guilt and his apology. But there's the rub because few owners are capable of simply ignoring open acts if insubordination, unprofessionalism, etc.

Simply put, Chad Johnson proved you can tank a season in Cincy and get away with it, but things are probably going to play out differently in DC for Albert Haynesworth is unlikely to find himself in a comparable situation in Washington.

I doubt it, and at 3 years and 16 million Albert Haynesworth practically defines the meaning of the word bargain.

I suspect you and Mike Brown have a different definition of the word "bargain." And let's not forget the additional draft pick price, too.

BTW, aren't you the very same poster who repeatedly pimped the idea of the Bengals trading for Brandon Marshall, a player who would have cost far more than Haynesworth's very reasonable remaining contract?

Not that I recall.

I doubt it, and at 3 years and 16 million Albert Haynesworth practically defines the meaning of the word bargain.

I suspect you and Mike Brown have a different definition of the word "bargain."

I doubt it. After all, Mike was willing to pay Shaun Rogers major coin, and Albert is a better player.

And let's not forget the additional draft pick price, too.

Forget it? It's rumored to be so small I almost want to shout it from the rooftops.

Bumpity...

This mornings headlines say the Redskins just attempted to trade for a high profile veteran WR, but were rebuffed.

Just saying....

Dammit just trade Chad already....I can take having players arrested or suspended for drinking, DUI's, drugs, guns, whatever.....But one thing I CANNOT take is a guy who's never had any trouble with the law, but missed Voluntaries....INEXCUSABLE.....wacko.gif

Dammit just trade Chad already....

Absolutely. And thus the reason for the bumping of the thread as the Redskins are indeed still attempting to trade for a starting WR.

....I can take having players arrested or suspended for drinking, DUI's, drugs, guns, whatever.....But one thing I CANNOT take is a guy who's never had any trouble with the law, but missed Voluntaries....

Well said. Then again, you seem to have deliberately forgotten how Chad admitted to tanking an entire season.

....INEXCUSABLE.....

Inexcusable for some. For others like yourself, not so much.