Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

There is no reasoning with him DC.

He tanked every single play of 2008 with Fitzpatrick throwing to him. He deliberately tried to not catch any of the 4 tds he had that year. (tied with TJ)(the team threw for 11 tds and had 2600 passing yards).

He hates him with a passion that borders on a kids hate with a girl that he actually has a crush on.

He yelled NOOOO at all 9 TDs last year. Cursed the Bengals for letting this a$$clown take reps from Cosby.

Its not worth debating. Chad is the all time leading WR for the Bengals and will be that way for a long long time.

Wow - Looking closer at those stats - can Caldwell ever get his YPC close to 10? He averaged 7.1 that year as a rook. 8.5 last year. Put 60 lbs on and become a TE or something.

Ah yes, the always convincing "he's just a hater" response.

"Chad's fine, TJ Jackson is the only one with a problem with him"

Brilliant.

Here's some light reading for you and the other members of the braintrust: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I'd rather be a hater with a full awareness and acknowlegement of the facts than a ostrich with one's head buried in the sand, refusing to acknowlege the facts.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post this yesterday, but forgot, so allow me to remove the hate and say what I truly feel about Chad.

When Chad was leading the league or his conference in receiving yards for longer than anyone else in the history of the game, he was a beast. I loved Chad back then. He was my ABSOLUTE favorite player and when people talked sh*t about him or compared him to T.O., I would be the first to tell someone to shut the f*ck up and go back to watch how much Chad loves the game. I loved his celebrations even when others didn't. I can remember thinking of what would be cool to see Chad do to celebrate a TD. Chad was a God in this city.

Here's the thing though. He was unhappy with his contract and agree or disagree that he was underpaid at the time (I thought he was) the situation played out the way it did and Chad lost a game of hardball with old Mikey. He was never the same after blasting away at not only the front office people, but (wait for it) THE FANBASE. That's when and where I was done with Chad. It was the ultimate slap in the face to a fan like me who supported him with little to no question.

He never got back to being that elite wideout, self admitedly tanked a season, blew off injuries, and basically stopped preparing for the game the way he use to when he was leading the league in most categories. I get it though. I simply think at the point in time he lost his game of hardball, he moved on mentally to what he was going to do after football. He felt put off by the organization and hasn't been the same since, unless someone wants to argue his production since then as being elite.

What does that equal up to ?? Someone who never matured and while was very productive at one point in his career, never was a professional type of person. In the end, I simply don't think Chad is what this team needs anymore and will be very happy when his time is up. Not because of my hate for him, but for what hes turned into. I think the whole situation sucks to be quite honest and I find it odd that there aren't more people that were put off by Chad back then.

Oh well, I still hope for the best for him when it comes to the team, and if he's here, I hope he's productive.

Great post. I think a lot of people feel/felt the way you did both now and then.

As for myself, I really liked the chad of old. He was entertaining, a damn good WR, and he busted his a$$ harder than anyone. He truly wanted to be the best, whether it be hitting the weight room, watching film, working out in the offseason with his JC coach, perfecting his route running then wanting to improve his YAC's, you name it. I enjoyed the trash talk, because he could actually back it up then (and I respect that).

Clearly though, he is not quite the same player, age, or has the same dedication.......But, he is far from washed up. I may not like the way he has handled himself a few times the past 2 years, but i still like the guy, think he is valuable, and will continue to think so until he proves me wrong on the field, or he is no longer a Bengal. That's how i feel about it.

72 Rec 1,047 Yds and 9 TD's may not be top 10 #'s, but they're not far off.....AND his 14.5 Yards per Catch last season is the exact same as his Career Average....

Another little tid-bit.......

Only 5 players who had the same # or more Receptions than Ochocinco (72) had a higher average than his 14.5

Miles Austin 16.3

Santonio Holmes 15.8

Sidney Rice 15.8

Andre Johnson 15.5

Randy Moss 15.2

If he Averages another 14.5, i'm more than good with that.

He tanked every single play of 2008 with Fitzpatrick throwing to him. He deliberately tried to not catch any of the 4 tds he had that year. (tied with TJ)(the team threw for 11 tds and had 2600 passing yards).

He hates him with a passion that borders on a kids hate with a girl that he actually has a crush on.

He yelled NOOOO at all 9 TDs last year. Cursed the Bengals for letting this a$$clown take reps from Cosby.

Its not worth debating. Chad is the all time leading WR for the Bengals and will be that way for a long long time.

Wow - Looking closer at those stats - can Caldwell ever get his YPC close to 10? He averaged 7.1 that year as a rook. 8.5 last year. Put 60 lbs on and become a TE or something.

Brilliant.

Here's some light reading for you and the other members of the braintrust: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I'd rather be a hater with a full awareness and acknowlegement of the facts than a ostrich with one's head buried in the sand, refusing to acknowlege the facts.

The facts are he scored 9 tds last year with over 1000 yards receiving where he joined the Pro Bowl after some people dropped out. Thats more yards and TD's than any WR on this team at the moment.

The season he tanked was tanked by the whole team. They started 0-8. They had another one of your hated players in 2 carry Perry. Fitzpatrick was a joke. The line was a joke. The only saving grace was the defense which kept games respectable. Wasnt it debated that TJ was possibly a contributor to pulling the strings of Ocho to act the way he did? Do any of us think that its hard to play puppet master with Chad?

This team is past that. Not all the players on this roster were here then. And based on last year they seemed to have let it go after his apologies.

Go after Dillon who said he would rather flip burgers than play for the Bengals. Go after Boomer who damages the reputation of the team ripping Mike Brown on his ridiculous pre-game show.

Right now - Chad Johnson Ocho Cinco is the best most accomplished WR on this team and I want him here to help the team I root for year in and year out. He gives us the best chance to win. I might be crazy but I will be rooting for Adam Jones who I thought was about as bad as a person as there could be in the league.

Who Dey and Go Bengals - All of them

Brilliant.

The facts are he scored 9 tds last year with over 1000 yards receiving where he joined the Pro Bowl after some people dropped out. Thats more yards and TD's than any WR on this team at the moment.

The season he tanked was tanked by the whole team. They started 0-8. They had another one of your hated players in 2 carry Perry. Fitzpatrick was a joke. The line was a joke. The only saving grace was the defense which kept games respectable. Wasnt it debated that TJ was possibly a contributor to pulling the strings of Ocho to act the way he did? Do any of us think that its hard to play puppet master with Chad?

This team is past that. Not all the players on this roster were here then. And based on last year they seemed to have let it go after his apologies.

Go after Dillon who said he would rather flip burgers than play for the Bengals. Go after Boomer who damages the reputation of the team ripping Mike Brown on his ridiculous pre-game show.

Right now - Chad Johnson Ocho Cinco is the best most accomplished WR on this team and I want him here to help the team I root for year in and year out. He gives us the best chance to win. I might be crazy but I will be rooting for Adam Jones who I thought was about as bad as a person as there could be in the league.

Amen

Brilliant.

Amen

Nah, not at all. Saying that the whole team tanked the season doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because they fought their asses off to build a win streak at the end of the season (word to Ced Benson and the defense).

Dillion hated Cincy and wanted out. And the fanbase hated him for it. Okay, what's your point? And Boomer isn't under contract with the team, so he owes nothing to the organization. Boomer, as a pundit, is entitled to his opinion. And Chad is expected to fight to win and perform every time he steps on the field. Tanking a season, for any reason, is unforgivable, period.

When Chad steps on the field for us this (and he will, despite the fact that I am on the side of the coin open to a trade), I will be rooting for him. I want him to perform. Trust, when he scores, I'll be cheering. However, the "we sucked that year" defense for his tanking is laughable, and in light of it, I suggest you watch soccer. This team has built its resurgence on an identity of tough guys who have been left behind, yet fight for every yard and do it for every second of the game. That's not Chad.

Brilliant.

Amen

Nah, not at all. Saying that the whole team tanked the season doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because they fought their asses off to build a win streak at the end of the season (word to Ced Benson and the defense).

Dillion hated Cincy and wanted out. And the fanbase hated him for it. Okay, what's your point? And Boomer isn't under contract with the team, so he owes nothing to the organization. Boomer, as a pundit, is entitled to his opinion. And Chad is expected to fight to win and perform every time he steps on the field. Tanking a season, for any reason, is unforgivable, period.

When Chad steps on the field for us this (and he will, despite the fact that I am on the side of the coin open to a trade), I will be rooting for him. I want him to perform. Trust, when he scores, I'll be cheering. However, the "we sucked that year" defense for his tanking is laughable, and in light of it, I suggest you watch soccer. This team has built its resurgence on an identity of tough guys who have been left behind, yet fight for every yard and do it for every second of the game. That's not Chad.

Even if we didnt tank it we still sucked,.. Even if we had carson we probably wouldve only won 6 games,.. Thats not because he sucks but the oline was reallt THAT bad,.. I know i would try but if you know you cant win then it just takes alot out of someone...

We have a fundamental issue there then. Regardless of the quality of the team, quitting is unacceptable, period.

I do agree partly,.. I played football in high school, and i'm not thee most talented guy out there,.. nor am i the hardest worker,.. But i made plays,.. Some of the guys on my team were awesome, crazy awesome,.. But anyways ive been on teams where i am the best or top 3 on the team,.. When your team is terrible,.. much like the 08 team, something shuts down... Sad but true, you just give up,.. I'm not saying thats the reason chad quit sometimes because he was hurt and he wanted out,.. But hey, whats in the past is in the past, i still love chad, he shouldve tried harder... But i cant stay mad at him for a bad season especially since he'll make up for it with two back to back great seasons

I'll see your strawman and raise you a red herring.

OK, the debate is getting nowhere since you've decided to channel your inner Daugherty, so put your ass on the line - let's see your over/under for Chad's selected stats of your choosing. I recommend TD, Yards, yards/catch, and false starts.

We have a fundamental issue there then. Regardless of the quality of the team, quitting is unacceptable, period.

I do agree partly,.. I played football in high school, and i'm not thee most talented guy out there,.. nor am i the hardest worker,.. But i made plays,.. Some of the guys on my team were awesome, crazy awesome,.. But anyways ive been on teams where i am the best or top 3 on the team,.. When your team is terrible,.. much like the 08 team, something shuts down... Sad but true, you just give up,.. I'm not saying thats the reason chad quit sometimes because he was hurt and he wanted out,.. But hey, whats in the past is in the past, i still love chad, he shouldve tried harder... But i cant stay mad at him for a bad season especially since he'll make up for it with two back to back great seasons

That is a horrible attitude, if you find yourself the best or one of the best players on a bad team, you have to step it up a notch and try to inspire better play from the rest of the team thru your efforts. You can not let it get you down and not play up to your talent level, that is tanking it. Tanking on your team is the worst thing an athlete can do.

I will root for Chad and hope he has a solid year(because he still wears the stripes), but he has lost my faith and I dont consider myself a Chad fan anymore.

I do agree partly,.. I played football in high school, and i'm not thee most talented guy out there,.. nor am i the hardest worker,.. But i made plays,.. Some of the guys on my team were awesome, crazy awesome,.. But anyways ive been on teams where i am the best or top 3 on the team,.. When your team is terrible,.. much like the 08 team, something shuts down... Sad but true, you just give up,..

That's just a losing mentality..

I'm not opposed to getting rid of Chad after this year if we can't get him at a reasonable price. This next draft is going to be loaded in the first round at WR. I also think that he'll have a good year this year so and I'm far from an anti-chad guy.

Sorry I was out of the loop for the weekend (made a quick trip back to Cinci) but would like to add some things.

People can say what they want about football being a team sport, but the individual still has to do HIS job. Sure Palmer has had his issues with injury etc. and I have given him what I felt was an appropriate amount of sh*t for the over/under thrown balls. However, there are wrong routes, dropped balls, lack of blocking, and others that are DIRECTLY the fault of the individual. The o-line or Carson's elbow had nothing to do with running a poor route or dropping a ball.

It's not that I'm a "stat guy" either, but they certainly go a long way to show what an individual is or isn't doing for their team. When I gave those stats, I took out the season with Nutzpatrick throwing the ball. I took it out of the average COMPLETELY. So please save the arguments about fogetting who was throwing the ball that season.

The argument of "It's not always the stats, but what that player does for the team" is about as clear as mud as well. What exactly does Chad do for this team (in a positive way) that the stats don't show and isn't done AND EXPECTED of all the other top tier WR's in the league ?? It's just not that simple.

Lastly (hey at least I break up my paragraphs for easy reading) I'm not saying Chad won't be productive. I've actually defended him in the "Chad Lost his Hunger" thread. I think Chad will have another solid season and I fully expect him to be with the team for at least this year and there's a good possibility he'll be here for the next as well. I just wouldn't be as upset as others if he's not and it has less to do with hate and more to do with facts.

I'm still rooting for him to do well and help this team win...

Brilliant.

Good post!

Everyone knows the term "tanked" is way out of context when talking about Chad in '08. TJ Jackoff loves to spin things around and always finds a way to use words in a way that are meaningless to me...

Fitzpatrick was our QB in '08. Chad was tired of losing. I was tired of losing. I think I watched 3 or 4 games that season so I guess I "tanked" the season as a fan too!

Everyone knows

speak for yourself - the inanities you 'know' are not what many of the rest of us know

the term "tanked" is way out of context when talking about Chad in '08.

Get over yourself. Context has nothing to do with it. He's admitted to it, and you should too.

TJ Jackoff loves to spin things around and always finds a way to use words in a way that are meaningless to me...

It is well established that you have trouble with facts, so it comes as no surprise that you have trouble with words as well.

I "tanked" the season as a fan too!

An infantile comparison.

Were you contractually obligated to be a fan? Were you paid large sums of money to be a fan? Were the rest of the fans depending on your being as good of a fan as you were capable of being, week in and week out?

Everyone knows

speak for yourself - the inanities you 'know' are not what many of the rest of us know

the term "tanked" is way out of context when talking about Chad in '08.

Get over yourself. Context has nothing to do with it. He's admitted to it, and you should too.

TJ Jackoff loves to spin things around and always finds a way to use words in a way that are meaningless to me...

It is well established that you have trouble with facts, so it comes as no surprise that you have trouble with words as well.

I "tanked" the season as a fan too!

An infantile comparison.

Were you contractually obligated to be a fan? Were you paid large sums of money to be a fan? Were the rest of the fans depending on your being as good of a fan as you were capable of being, week in and week out?

Again, Chad gave up. He's not the first nor will he be the last player to do this. He was fed up. He made a very good point and the head office took notice. The following year, they went out and made some moves... When Chad gave up, the season was a lost cause. He had no drive, there was absolutely zero motivation.. The series of events that built up to that point in Chad's career were beyond his control.. The owner and the head office did not do what they needed to do to make this team a winning team. They did the opposite and caused the team to regress from '05 - '08.

In reality you have to give Chad some of the blame for 2008 and even the failures of the team between 2005 and 2009. He was not giving his all and it was noticeable on the feild.

I'm not saying that the front office didnt have some blame, just that Chad caused some of his own misfortune that led to his TANKING 2008.

For me, finally, on this topic: That is all in the past. I will never be a fan of Chad again, but I will root for him to be the best WR he can be, while he wears the STRIPES!

WHO-DEY!

At the deep chewy chocolate core it comes down to this.

Many Bengal fans have no problem accepting the unacceptable IF it involves Chad. In fact, a sizable percentage of fans will openly defend Chad's unacceptable behavior, either because of his unique individual personality OR simply because he plays a very important hard to replace position.

So, in retrospect, quitting is allowable, forgivable, and easily understood by quite a few of us.

Go figure, ehh?

At the deep chewy chocolate core it comes down to this.

Many Bengal fans have no problem accepting the unacceptable IF it involves Chad. In fact, a sizable percentage of fans will openly defend Chad's unacceptable behavior, either because of his unique individual personality OR simply because he plays a very important hard to replace position.

So, in retrospect, quitting is allowable, forgivable, and easily understood by quite a few of us.

Go figure, ehh?

Who quit? Show me where Chad said he quit? He is still here trying to win.

I hated the man in 2008. I hated the Bengals that year.They were terrible and 1 player didnt cause that team to be 0-8 then 4-12. 40 something sacks? Chads fault? 4 rushing TDs? Chads fault? - Do some private investigation and delve into the minds of some of the current players and find which ones also didn't try their hardest on every play that season.

But I am not blaming that whole season on one person. Not being naive enough to think the only one to say he didnt try his hardest is the only one. I understand some of you dislike the guy. I really don't like him either, but 1 man doesn't make a team. 1 man shouldn't take all the blame.

Oh, Chad didn't lose the Playoff game against Pittsburgh either. Swing at the coach or not. One could argue that the defense quit in the second half of that game as well.

I dont accept quitting at all. In my opinion..TJ is more of a quitter of the Bengals than Chad is. (And before my throat is jumped down by someone - I mean Houshmanzedah)

quitting is allowable, forgivable, and easily understood by quite a few of us.

There is indeed no shortage of stupid here on this board.

Opinions are different with each person.

Intelligence is not measured by posts on a message board.

People that make insults against other users on a message board to me is laughable. Especially on a fan based board such as this one.

I just am blown away at the things people say to other people when they have the security of anonymity.

Internet Bullies FTW :sure:

The following year, they went out and made some moves were forced to waste a high draft pick on a WR because they were unsure what Chad was or was not going to give them going forward

Fixed it for you

Actually it wasn't what he "was or was not going to give them going forward" It was more "would he still be a Bengal?" As he was coming off a 93 Rec 1,440 yd 8 TD 15.5 avg season and there was no reason at the time to question his production. It was probably more the contract/hold out threat.

quitting is allowable, forgivable, and easily understood by quite a few of us.

There is indeed no shortage of stupid here on this board.

Opinions are different with each person.

Intelligence is not measured by posts on a message board.

People that make insults against other users on a message board to me is laughable. Especially on a fan based board such as this one.

I just am blown away at the things people say to other people when they have the security of anonymity.

Internet Bullies FTW :sure:

Agreed.

The following year, they went out and made some moves were forced to waste a high draft pick on a WR because they were unsure what Chad was or was not going to give them going forward

Fixed it for you

Actually it wasn't what he "was or was not going to give them going forward" It was more "would he still be a Bengal?" As he was coming off a 93 Rec 1,440 yd 8 TD 15.5 avg season and there was no reason at the time to question his production. It was probably more the contract/hold out threat.

He was just tired of losing bro.. Tired of all the BS from the head office. This is not an organization that has a history of winning either. We have a history of running our best players away. They can only put up with so much... I hated Dillon, Spikes and Pickens for what they did. The way they went out was a bunch of crap. Chad handled it in such a better way and the head office did something about it. They still are. We're making moves now and hopefully we'll continue to make moves up until the season starts.