Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys must be forgetting something...

Nope. We haven't forgotten that your tongue is buried so far up Ocho NoShow's tailpipe that he is always number 1 in your mind

Chad is still a top 5 WR, I don't care what anyone says.

Never let things like fact cloud your judgement, agreen. Don't do it.

Gizzle, you're an idiot! Chad drops too many balls. He gives up on plays. He can't block

Not bad, thats about a third of it. Good try on your part, tho.

The fact still remains that when #9 brings his A game - Ocho will be ready.

Yeah, that 'A' game in 08 was stellar, wasn't it?

Admit it TJ.....You'd miss AGreen..err Gizzle.

Not at all. Plenty of new, uh, talent (in this context) is stepping up in agreen's (near) absence.

For example:

he is definately top 7

So, as any intelligent person can plainly see, we have no shortage of idiocy around here, with agreen or without agreen.

Ok, you say you don't care what anyone says, but stats speak pretty clearly correct ??

When looking at 2007 and 2009, the last two seasons Chad has "tried" and/or "cared", this is what you find:

Receptions: Average #19 in the league

Yards: Average #11 in the league

TD's: Average #12 in the league

AVG per catch: Average #20 in the league

Catches for 1st Down: Average #8 in the league

So there's only one major statistical category, he finished in the top 10 on average in those two "good" seasons.

Oh there was another category he finished in the top 10 on average: FUMBLES at #6 in the league.

If you were to included the self admitted "TANKING" of 2008 in which he didn't finish anywhere near the top 20 ANYWHERE, it would be FAR worse.

I can readily admit that for this team, Chad is a decent enough option and I anticipate him being here, but to call him anything more than a top 15 WR in this league is pure homerism at it's finest and I normally don't have an issue with being a Bengals homer to a degree. Please lets refrain from making comments about how he made the Pro Bowl last year, when either no one wanted to play in it, or the best WR's playing in the Super Bowl "couldn't" play in it. Just a bullsh*t argument.

Honestly, I'm still hoping for the best out of Chad, I simply don't have faith we will get it.

Chad is still a top 5 WR, I don't care what anyone says. Now, I love Palmer just as much as the next guy, but you have to admit that his accuracy and overall play has dropped off since the injury in '05... We have not seen the same Palmer since! Therefor, Chad's numbers have been affected from this as well as other things (Brat's playcalling if you need to know).

Well I think TJ comments were funny because the only year TJ was better then chad was when he went crazy...But I just can't agree with Chad being top 5..

-Andre Johnson

-Larry Fitzgerald

-Reggie Wayne

-Brandon Marshall

-Miles Austin

Then you have guys who have youth and upside on their side like Calvin,Desean & Ric then guys in same boat who long in the tooth but still were superb WR's like Moss and welkar...

I'd put chad in the 11-15 area

Sorry, I seemed to have skewed off the topic at hand here and think it's important. Why ??

Because for those that have Insider on ESPN (I just rip it off my buddy), there's a great write up about Haynesworth that discusses why there is such disagreement between him and the Redskins. When looking at his numbers when properly trying to gauge a defender, Haynesworth did better last year in Washington than his last two years with the Titans. When looking at his double team numbers and trying to think transition to the 3-4, he would rank right there with the elite 3-4 NT's in the league. He's simply a beast and the best part of the article that was written today and I paraphrase:

If some team is to wind up happy about the current situation in Washington, it's the Lions, Titans, or BENGALS...

Yeah, I'm still liking the fact we are even part of the conversation...

Chad is still a top 5 WR, I don't care what anyone says. Now, I love Palmer just as much as the next guy, but you have to admit that his accuracy and overall play has dropped off since the injury in '05... We have not seen the same Palmer since! Therefor, Chad's numbers have been affected from this as well as other things (Brat's playcalling if you need to know).

Well I think TJ houch comments were funny because the only year TJ was better then chad was when he went crazy...But I just can't agree with Chad being top 5..

-Andre Johnson

-Larry Fitzgerald

-Reggie Wayne

-Brandon Marshall

-Miles Austin

Then you have guys who have youth and upside on their side like Calvin,Desean & Ric then guys in same boat who long in the tooth but still were superb WR's like Moss and welkar...

I'd put chad in the 11-15 area

Welker is only 29. Randy Moss is only a year older than Chad.

Completely get rid of the problems I have with Chad and go entirely with on the field play... and here are the players I'd rather have in Cincy than Chad.

1) Brandon Marshall

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) Andre Johnson

4) Randy Moss

5) Wes Welker

6) Calvin Johnson

7) Vincent Jackson

8) DeSean Jackson

9) Miles Austin

10) Sidney Rice

11) Roddy White

12) Greg Jennings

13) Marques Colston

That of course doesn't include guys who I think will be better than Chad within a year or two like Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, and Percy Harvin.

Again... if the Bengals Super Bowl hopes are riding on Chad Johnson, then I don't have much hope for this season... because he's just not as good as he used to be. Specifically when it could have been said that no one out worked him. Now, he's over 30... and plenty of people outwork him.

Admit it TJ.....You'd miss AGreen..err Gizzle.

Not at all. Plenty of new, uh, talent (in this context) is stepping up in agreen's (near) absence.

For example:

he is definately top 7

So, as any intelligent person can plainly see, we have no shortage of idiocy around here, with agreen or without agreen.

Haha, alrighty then!

He sure did play a whole season,.. And that running game of the best rb out there... Chris perry, helped carson even more! So carson was awseome in 08 because not only he brought it... But the whole team did! And that torn ligament in chads shoulder had NOTHING to do with his lack of production.... Just let it go man,.. Some of us think chad is still beast, alot of ppl think he slept with their sisters or something because they sure as hell dont like him!

Everyone knows Carson wasn't throwing the ball to Chad in '08. That was a pretty good argument until Chad said that he didn't even bother to try that season. You know, like he quit regardless of anything else. Did that have to do with Carson, the o-line, or running game ?? No, it had to do with his contract. He was so worried about his injury he took care of that right away as well right ?? Oh that's right, he didn't address that major problem until the beginning of the next season. Whatever...

Furthermore, when I gave the stats, I took out the '08 season for that very reason and Chad is still no better than 11-15 range.

Sucks how those stat things get into the way of a good ball licking by those that still think he's a beast huh ??

And that torn ligament in chads shoulder had NOTHING to do with his lack of production....

oh, do you want to talk about the injury Ocho NoShow could and should have had treated immediately after the season, that instead he waited til training camp to treat, and ergo was not by his own choice physically ready to play?

Yeah, yeah, let's talk about that some more. a LOT more.

Just let it go man,.....

Oh sure, just as soon as you (plural) acknowlege that Chad is a infant in a man's body, who tanked an entire season, who lacks even an ounce of professionalism. All that and more. And then, I'll get right on that 'letting go' thing. You know, like letting go of a memory of a receiver who was great - 5 years ago. Yeah, letting go is good. Do it.

Some of us think chad is still beast

Yep, plenty of stupidity in the world.

alot of ppl think he slept with their sisters or something because they sure as hell dont like him!

a lot of people are smart enough to realize what a mess he has created here in Cincinnati. Others are too dumb to understand the real reasons, and come up with nonsense to explain why others fail to agree with their even more nonsensical positions.

Sucks how those stat things get into the way of a good ball licking by those that still think he's a beast huh ??

Army, for folks like JoeWrong, Pushy, agreen/gizzle, momslikeme, and tdlong, fact/reason/logic doesn't enter into consideration. They cling to a memory of Chad from 2005 and earlier like it is the last life vest on a fast-sinking ship. That Chad - a Chad who owned the hearts and mind of this town - is long gone, but they don't know it. It is as if time has stopped for them, and it remains 2005 forever.

But don't tell that to the aforementioned Braintrust. Prancing Princess Chadly is a "beast", after all. Shee-yeah.

Skunks are beasts, btw, are they not?

I was going to post this yesterday, but forgot, so allow me to remove the hate and say what I truly feel about Chad.

When Chad was leading the league or his conference in receiving yards for longer than anyone else in the history of the game, he was a beast. I loved Chad back then. He was my ABSOLUTE favorite player and when people talked sh*t about him or compared him to T.O., I would be the first to tell someone to shut the f*ck up and go back to watch how much Chad loves the game. I loved his celebrations even when others didn't. I can remember thinking of what would be cool to see Chad do to celebrate a TD. Chad was a God in this city.

Here's the thing though. He was unhappy with his contract and agree or disagree that he was underpaid at the time (I thought he was) the situation played out the way it did and Chad lost a game of hardball with old Mikey. He was never the same after blasting away at not only the front office people, but (wait for it) THE FANBASE. That's when and where I was done with Chad. It was the ultimate slap in the face to a fan like me who supported him with little to no question.

He never got back to being that elite wideout, self admitedly tanked a season, blew off injuries, and basically stopped preparing for the game the way he use to when he was leading the league in most categories. I get it though. I simply think at the point in time he lost his game of hardball, he moved on mentally to what he was going to do after football. He felt put off by the organization and hasn't been the same since, unless someone wants to argue his production since then as being elite.

What does that equal up to ?? Someone who never matured and while was very productive at one point in his career, never was a professional type of person. In the end, I simply don't think Chad is what this team needs anymore and will be very happy when his time is up. Not because of my hate for him, but for what hes turned into. I think the whole situation sucks to be quite honest and I find it odd that there aren't more people that were put off by Chad back then.

Oh well, I still hope for the best for him when it comes to the team, and if he's here, I hope he's productive.

I feel the exact same way, I was disgusted at Chad before during and after the 2008 season, however I do think he production was very good last year considering what he was up against. Yes, his play dropped off at the end of the year but I certainly feel the root cause of that was that teams started blanketing him (or in Revis' case just assigning having Revis shadow Chad) and basicly saying I am going to let Andre Caldwell, Laverneus Coles, Daniel Coats, and JP Foschi beat me, and they were not up to the task. 72 catches for 1047 yards and 9 TDs is good by almost anyone's standard and when you factor how poor the passing game was last year, I feel no trepedation about Chad for this upcoming season. (though I will be all for trading him next year before the draft if he has a stellar season this year and the club decides to pickup his option)

Ok, you say you don't care what anyone says, but stats speak pretty clearly correct ??

When looking at 2007 and 2009, the last two seasons Chad has "tried" and/or "cared", this is what you find:

Receptions: Average #19 in the league

Yards: Average #11 in the league

TD's: Average #12 in the league

AVG per catch: Average #20 in the league

Catches for 1st Down: Average #8 in the league

So there's only one major statistical category, he finished in the top 10 on average in those two "good" seasons.

Oh there was another category he finished in the top 10 on average: FUMBLES at #6 in the league.

If you were to included the self admitted "TANKING" of 2008 in which he didn't finish anywhere near the top 20 ANYWHERE, it would be FAR worse.

I can readily admit that for this team, Chad is a decent enough option and I anticipate him being here, but to call him anything more than a top 15 WR in this league is pure homerism at it's finest and I normally don't have an issue with being a Bengals homer to a degree. Please lets refrain from making comments about how he made the Pro Bowl last year, when either no one wanted to play in it, or the best WR's playing in the Super Bowl "couldn't" play in it. Just a bullsh*t argument.

Honestly, I'm still hoping for the best out of Chad, I simply don't have faith we will get it.

I understand you're a stats guy Army.. That's cool and all but they only speak for production. This is a pure team sport. So I would suggest running the numbers on Palmer as well. Like I said, when Palmer steps his game up, Chad will prove that he is STILL a top WR in this league.

No homerism here... Chad is a great WR.

If you're looking at stats, a lot of you are correct - Ocho is in the top 13-15 range.

If you're looking at talent and god givin' ability - Ocho is in the top 5.

If you're looking at a QB (#9) that is on top of his game - Ocho is perhaps in the top 3.

Manning, top of his game.

Shaub, top of his game.

Warner, looking like he's in the prime of his game!

The list still looks like this IMO... Of course this means that Palmer has to step it up this season. Otherwise, Chad isn't going to produce.

1) Andre Johnson

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) Randy Moss

4) Reggie Wayne

5) Chad Johnson

And I'll leave it at that... I'm over speaking on Chad.

I'm not holding my breath over signing Haynesworth... The chances the Bengals sign him are very slim.

If you're looking at stats, a lot of you are correct - Ocho is in the top 13-15 range.

If you're looking at talent and god givin' ability - Ocho is in the top 5.

If you're looking at a QB (#9) that is on top of his game - Ocho is perhaps in the top 3.

Manning, top of his game.

Shaub, top of his game.

Warner, looking like he's in the prime of his game!

The list still looks like this IMO... Of course this means that Palmer has to step it up this season. Otherwise, Chad isn't going to produce.

1) Andre Johnson

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) Randy Moss

4) Reggie Wayne

5) Chad Johnson

And I'll leave it at that... I'm over speaking on Chad.

I'm not holding my breath over signing Haynesworth... The chances the Bengals sign him are very slim.

I thought Warner retired?

when Palmer steps his game up

Palmer is training diligently with his temmates. He's a professional football player. He's stepped up.

Ocho NoShow? Hmm.....

Well, he's dancing.....

Twittering......

Injuring himself.....

Eating at McDonald's.......

Dating 85 skanks.......

Appearing in rap music videos.......

Yeah

NoShow sure is stepping up.

Yep

what a guy

NoShow sure is stepping up...Yep what a guy

And I reiterate, it's f00king MAY. By the way, Tom Brady has been doing stuff off on his own too.

The only issue here is the camera. I guarantee just about every NFL player has off the field pursuits, vacations, whatever. This is the only time of year they get to do stuff like that. The only difference is that with Chad, everything he does is on camera so people can pick it apart.

He ain't my favorite player either, but Sheebus people it's not like he eats babies.

Did Tom Brady tank an entire season yet?

Be sure to let me know when he does

Yeah, but remember it's the new Chad after he got his head shrunk by Denzel at a Lakers game. I'm pretty judgemental, but when a guy stands up and admit he was acting like a jackass and he's sorry, as Chad has done, it's time to move on. Sure he'll always be Fredo, but even Fredo's due a little R&R.

Not to mention, this kind of stuff is the sort of thing Chad's *always* done (ie, attention hogging narcissism), before/during/after the tanking episode. The two phenomena don't appear to bear any relation to one another.

Did Tom Brady tank an entire season yet?

Be sure to let me know when he does

Yeah, but remember it's the new Chad after he got his head shrunk by Denzel at a Lakers game. I'm pretty judgemental, but when a guy stands up and admit he was acting like a jackass and he's sorry, as Chad has done, it's time to move on. Sure he'll always be Fredo, but even Fredo's due a little R&R.

Not to mention, this kind of stuff is the sort of thing Chad's *always* done (ie, attention hogging narcissism), before/during/after the tanking episode. The two phenomena don't appear to bear any relation to one another.

There is no reasoning with him DC.

He tanked every single play of 2008 with Fitzpatrick throwing to him. He deliberately tried to not catch any of the 4 tds he had that year. (tied with TJ)(the team threw for 11 tds and had 2600 passing yards).

He hates him with a passion that borders on a kids hate with a girl that he actually has a crush on.

He yelled NOOOO at all 9 TDs last year. Cursed the Bengals for letting this a$$clown take reps from Cosby.

Its not worth debating. Chad is the all time leading WR for the Bengals and will be that way for a long long time.

Wow - Looking closer at those stats - can Caldwell ever get his YPC close to 10? He averaged 7.1 that year as a rook. 8.5 last year. Put 60 lbs on and become a TE or something.