Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

....I can take having players arrested or suspended for drinking, DUI's, drugs, guns, whatever.....But one thing I CANNOT take is a guy who's never had any trouble with the law, but missed Voluntaries....

Well said. Then again, you seem to have deliberately forgotten how Chad admitted to tanking an entire season.

I have not forgotten the mess that was the 2008 season. I haven't forgotten the separated shoulder, noodle-armed Fitzpatrick, and the inability to get him the ball downfield resulting in a yards per catch average of 10.2, more than 4 yards less than his career average. While there seem to have been more "tank" jobs than just Chad, he was the only one dumb enough to admit it, and he'll have to live with that.

What I do remember, is he rebounded with a Pro Bowl year last year, is healthy, not in jail, nor in jeopardy of being suspended. There is no sense in bringing up the "tanked" season of '08 when he has clearly rebounded, much like nobody is bringing up Randy Moss "Tanking" 2 seasons in Oakland because of the way he is playing now. The past is the past, and I am only concerned about what players will bring to the table THIS season.

Simple Really.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not forgotten the mess that was the 2008 season.

Sure you did. In fact, you just wrote a snarky little post that claimed the worst thing Chad ever did was skip voluntary practices. But that's not true, is it? In fact, it's not even close to the truth.

While there seem to have been more "tank" jobs than just Chad, he was the only one dumb enough to admit it, and he'll have to live with that.

He was the only one dumb enough to admit it precisely because nobody with a functioning brainpan would have believed he didn't tank the season after he had spent 8 friggin months threatening to sit out the season entirely. And no, he doesn't have to live with that....because MOST Bengal fans don't hold him accountable.

What I do remember, is he rebounded with a Pro Bowl year last year, is healthy, not in jail, nor in jeopardy of being suspended.

Exactly. So his trade value will never be higher.....and todays headlines confirm my earlier speculation about Washington trolling for a WR.

The past is the past, and I am only concerned about what players will bring to the table THIS season.

Amongst other things, Chad brings clown shoes to the table....as well as a reputation for melting down emotionally. And neither thing is likely to change....ever.

he rebounded with a Pro Bowl year last year

remind me how many receivers opted out of attending the pro bowl before he was finally given a slot?

pro bowl year.

*laff*

There is no sense in bringing up the "tanked" season of '08 when he has clearly rebounded

Yeah, I guess since Jeffery Daumer didnt eat anyone this year, he is a swell guy now

Bin Laden hasn't run any more jetliners into any more skyscrapers this year, so i guess he is Ok too

nobody is bringing up Randy Moss "Tanking" 2 seasons in Oakland because of the way he is playing now.

I will hazard a wild guess here that it has more to do with this being, you know, a B E N G A L S board, and him not being a Bengal

But thats just me

The past is the past, and I am only concerned about what players will bring to the table THIS season.

Simple Really.

I hear there's a group of former/defrocked catholic priests starting a child care service. I'll give you their number so you can have them watch your kids. Oh, and they weren't defrocked THIS year.

Sounds like the WR is Jackson.

Yup.

But I'm not bothered a bit by the Redskins interest in Jackson since the odds of them being able to force San Diego to trade Jackson are no better than they were when they were conspiring with Chad to force the Bengals to trade. That said, the news of Washington's interest confirms their willingness to trade for a high profile WR who could step in and immediately upgrade the Redskins miserable WR corp.....and Chad is already on a very short of players the Redskins have specifically targeted for that very purpose.

Just saying.....

I'm already of the mindset that Chad will and probably even "should" be here for this upcoming season, but certainly agree with the scenario of him having trade value for specifically what the Redskins want/need. Meaning we could probably get more from the Redskins than any other team that might consider it. For that reason alone, it should still be a consideration.

I just don't think it is in any shape, form, or fashion.

I can't say as it even bothers me that much, due to there being next to no chance of it happening.

I'm already of the mindset that Chad will and probably even "should" be here for this upcoming season, but certainly agree with the scenario of him having trade value for specifically what the Redskins want/need. Meaning we could probably get more from the Redskins than any other team that might consider it. For that reason alone, it should still be a consideration.

Exactly.

I just don't think it is in any shape, form, or fashion.

I remind myself how all things eventually come to an end, and regardless of how or when.....someday soon this team will be Chad-Free.

Next, please.

he rebounded with a Pro Bowl year last year

remind me how many receivers opted out of attending the pro bowl before he was finally given a slot?

pro bowl year.

*laff*

There is no sense in bringing up the "tanked" season of '08 when he has clearly rebounded

Yeah, I guess since Jeffery Daumer didnt eat anyone this year, he is a swell guy now

Bin Laden hasn't run any more jetliners into any more skyscrapers this year, so i guess he is Ok too

nobody is bringing up Randy Moss "Tanking" 2 seasons in Oakland because of the way he is playing now.

I will hazard a wild guess here that it has more to do with this being, you know, a B E N G A L S board, and him not being a Bengal

But thats just me

Simple Really.

I hear there's a group of former/defrocked catholic priests starting a child care service. I'll give you their number so you can have them watch your kids. Oh, and they weren't defrocked THIS year.

WOW !!!

WOW !!!

WOW !!!

So let me get this straight.................

You're comparing Chad "Tanking" 1 season to Cannibalistic Killers, Terrorists, and Child Molesting Priests? WOW !!! I am so glad you are here to help put things into perspective.....I mean....I would never have honestly thought to compare Chad's "tank job" to Cannibalistic Serial Killers, Terrorist Leaders, or Child Molesting Priests.

I get what you're trying to say, which i think is, you can't trust him because of what he did in that '08 season. You just took it to a completely different place, and your examples are rather disturbing actually. Are you really that cynical?

I get what you're trying to say, which i think is, you can't trust him because of what he did in that '08 season.

There it is. The chewy chocolate core at last.

No trust.

And there's the rub because we're talking about the always grinning and clowning face of the franchise.

We're talking about ManWhore.

I get what you're trying to say, which i think is, you can't trust him because of what he did in that '08 season.

Good, you got part of it. Better than none.

Are you really that cynical?

Nope, just used extreme examples to better illustrate the logic issues in the post I was responding to

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/29/report-redskins-interested-in-vincent-jackson/

Not so fast my friend.

Actually, that's perfect....if we're finally willing to trade in our clown shoes.

Not kidding, just dangle Chad a little and this team could instantly step to the front of the line just as the last real bidding war is about to begin.

C'mon Mikey.

Shock the world.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/29/report-redskins-interested-in-vincent-jackson/

Not so fast my friend.

Actually, that's perfect....if we're finally willing to trade in our clown shoes.

Not kidding, just dangle Chad a little and this team could instantly step to the front of the line just as the last real bidding war is about to begin.

C'mon Mikey.

Shock the world.

Hah! No way Mike trades Chad this year.

Hair will like the second video.

/>http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/07/post-630.html.php

Indeed I did.

And while I was a bit suprised to see Chad swallowed whole by a T-Rex...I wasn't the least bit shocked to see Chad being expelled from Rex's azzhole, falling softly to the ground covered from head to toe in dripping azzhole juices.

Rather fitting, I'd say.