Rumor - 2nd Round pick for Haynesworth

walzav29

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished putting together a well-thought-out diatribe. I filled the post with draft statistics, Bengal team needs, and draft strategy for contending teams.

I did all of this in order to convince my peers that the Bengals should package their 2nd and 3rd round picks to trade up and get Mays.

Then I read this. I've scrapped my long winded post about trading up. This is better.

I just finished putting together a well-thought-out diatribe. I filled the post with draft statistics, Bengal team needs, and draft strategy for contending teams.

I did all of this in order to convince my peers that the Bengals should package their 2nd and 3rd round picks to trade up and get Mays.

Then I read this. I've scrapped my long winded post about trading up. This is better.

Why cant we get both???? We have anthony collins... They want alot of oline... We can get there 2nd and haynesworth... For our 2nd 3rd and late pick and collins and maybe some other guys... Holy crap that'd be swell...

My plan may cost, money in haynesworth.. But noone would run or throw on us with albert... Holy sh**.. What you all think of my plan???!

Oh my my.

Oh hell yes.

Honey put on your party dress.

Quite literally ten seconds after I posted the above I read where Shanahan denies Haynesworth will be traded under any circumstances.

So, once again it seems I've mistimed my buzz.

Damnit

Oh my my.

Oh hell yes.

Quite literally ten seconds after I posted the above I read where Shanahan denies Haynesworth will be traded under any circumstances.

Saw that too. Not sure why he would lie either.

Of course, Haynesworth and the Redskins are in an unhappy marriage and a trade makes sense... but we shall see I guess.

Oh my my.

Oh hell yes.

Yea because Coaches have never lied before Cough Saben, Petrino, a laundry list of others, Cough

• 1 month later...

Ok, sure I'll bump this thread.

The Redskins are still without Haynesworth and are in the process of moving to a 3-4. They say he's basically 2 months behind at this point and while they will probably take him to camp, they would still be open to discussion. I was looking in other blogs on ESPN and saw the nugget Matt Mosley (NFC East Blogger) offered up just yesterday:

Even with Haynesworth's somewhat dubious past, I'm sure there are teams (Detroit, Cincinnati, Tennessee) that covet his immense talent.
I listed the Bengals because I know how much defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer respects Haynesworth's talent.

While Mosley speculates a team may offer a 2nd AND 4th to the Redskins, I think that may be a bit overinflated with him missing more and more of the 3-4 installation process. Haynesworth becomes a bigger liability with each passing practice. So my question is now, even after the draft, would this be a consideration for you ??

We drafted Geno Atkins in the 3rd and have DE's that can move to the middle as well, so would this even be a needed / smart move ??

I think it's less of a consideration than before the draft, but there's no denying the physical presence that Haynesworth can bring to the interior of a d-line and he is a 4-3 DT. I personally still think it would be a great move for the Bengals when considering what you get for a future 2nd round pick and how he would certainly go a long way to be a part of improving our pass rush.

There's probably not real good odds of this happening, but it's intriguing nonetheless...

OOPS, forgot the link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/14248/haynesworth-trade-still-possible

Ok, sure I'll bump this thread.

The Redskins are still without Haynesworth and are in the process of moving to a 3-4. They say he's basically 2 months behind at this point and while they will probably take him to camp, they would still be open to discussion. I was looking in other blogs on ESPN and saw the nugget Matt Mosley (NFC East Blogger) offered up just yesterday:

Even with Haynesworth's somewhat dubious past, I'm sure there are teams (Detroit, Cincinnati, Tennessee) that covet his immense talent.
I listed the Bengals because I know how much defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer respects Haynesworth's talent.

While Mosley speculates a team may offer a 2nd AND 4th to the Redskins, I think that may be a bit overinflated with him missing more and more of the 3-4 installation process. Haynesworth becomes a bigger liability with each passing practice. So my question is now, even after the draft, would this be a consideration for you ??

We drafted Geno Atkins in the 3rd and have DE's that can move to the middle as well, so would this even be a needed / smart move ??

I think it's less of a consideration than before the draft, but there's no denying the physical presence that Haynesworth can bring to the interior of a d-line and he is a 4-3 DT. I personally still think it would be a great move for the Bengals when considering what you get for a future 2nd round pick and how he would certainly go a long way to be a part of improving our pass rush.

There's probably not real good odds of this happening, but it's intriguing nonetheless...

OOPS, forgot the link: http://espn.go.com/b...-still-possible

I'd be interested in examining his contract, seeing exactly how much is still guaranteed, and how much he will actually cost us. I'm sure that we could also get Washington to eat a little of that. If the numbers look good, I would give up a 2nd (and maybe even a 4th too) for Haynesworth. That would give us Peko the run-stopper and Haynesworth the pass-rusher at DT, with Tank and Sims/Atkins in the rotation.