DRAFT GRADES ROUND BY ROUND

vettespd20

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say B+ just because this is a great weapon for carson and will open up the run and open up other receivers. this is a weapon that we have not had the chance to use in a very long time.

I say a grade of "C". This guy was not the BPA on the board at the time.

I give it a "solid" A. Great player, fills a need (without them having to reach for that need), and will have more impact than a WR (Bryant) or S (Mays who didnt even go 1st Rd) who won't start right away. Other players still available had questions. Has "Star" potential. May not have been the "sexy" pick, but will be a big contributer. Could be graded an A+ a year from now.

One position completely out of the way. Gives us 5 picks in the next 3 rounds to address other positions.......Also, frees up picks in the next few years, as they most likely won't be drafting any TE's with Gresham and Coffman on the roster.....Big Picture fellas.

What am I missing? How is this a slam dunk? Why is Gresham so much better than Coffman? I agree Palmer needs weapons, but with Dez Bryant sitting there. I just am not sure. I am missing the Gresham brilliance.

C-

Well For one Gresham was always considered a round one prospect and not for injury people feel he could gone much higher..Byrant wasn't even the first Wide Receiver off the board so I can't really fault the Bengals on passing on Dez

I Rate him a A,He was the biggest position of need as well as probably being one of their highest rated players,He should also have a much easier time finding his way on to the field where a WR would have competed with Caldwell for the 3# spot.

PS,people are mad because we didn't take Dez but plenty of teams who could have used a WR passed on him too.

I have to give it a C. There were better players on the board, we reached for a need which is something we always do. I think he will be an average starter at a position that isn't a premium position, and will be misused.

Reach? Reaching is what jaguars did taking player 10-20 spots Gresham went right where he was suppossed to go? would you have prefered another player yes but that player went 24th and 23 other teams passed on him quite abit who could have used a WR...not only that but 2nd WR taken so there was probably a reason why.

I have to give it a C. There were better players on the board, we reached for a need which is something we always do. I think he will be an average starter at a position that isn't a premium position, and will be misused.

Reach? Reaching is what jaguars did taking player 10-20 spots Gresham went right where he was suppossed to go? would you have prefered another player yes but that player went 24th and 23 other teams passed on him quite abit who could have used a WR...not only that but 2nd WR taken so there was probably a reason why.

Get 'Em Kaz

Get 'Em Kaz

Not only that but wasn't it Hooiser who pointed out Giants were interested in him and Marvin Mentioned the Falcons.

What am I missing? How is this a slam dunk? Why is Gresham so much better than Coffman? I agree Palmer needs weapons, but with Dez Bryant sitting there. I just am not sure. I am missing the Gresham brilliance.

C-

Here is a sample:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLXZq7Rv_NY

My grade?

Today: B-

With Bryant there, it is tough to understand, as I think Bryant can be a Pro Bowl WR right away, and Bryant would provide long-term answer to an aging Chad and the bust of Simpson.

Gresham addresses a position of need, obviously, but players of similar ability and upside could be had in r2 or r3 (Gronk, Dickerson, Pitta).

I am warming to the pick. Bit of a downer missing on Dez but lets see how things pan out through the rest of the draft, with WR's like Benn, Price, Tate, Williams, Decker, still there.

Now, lets get a DE, maybe Dunlap? Or maybe Mays or Kindle is there?????

Gresham and Mays? Gresham and Kindle? that would be a solid r1-2.

Gresham addresses a position of need, obviously, but players of similar ability and upside could be had in r2 or r3 (Gronk, Dickerson, Pitta).

Gronk Had major concerns about his back and is only player close to Gresham and even then Gresham was rated a much higher prospect....Dickerson & Pitta aren't even close to be similar upside :P

Like saying we'll find a Wide Receiver with similar upside to Dez in rnd 3 & 4.

Gresham and Mays? Gresham and Kindle? that would be a solid r1-2.

Solid? Being that I wanted Mays/Kindle + Kronk I would call it a amazing Rnd 1 & 2 :P

OK, the jags were the clear loser of the first round in my opinion. But when I look at Gresham, I just don't see him being a star on this team. Maybe with the right team, and the right coaches, but not here. So ill alter my comment slightly, we reached in my opinion. Also, the Giants and Falcons may have shown interest, but they passed, so there was probably a reason why.

OK, the jags were the clear loser of the first round in my opinion. But when I look at Gresham, I just don't see him being a star on this team. Maybe with the right team, and the right coaches, but not here. So ill alter my comment slightly, we reached in my opinion. Also, the Giants and Falcons may have shown interest, but they passed, so there was probably a reason why.

Why not? because we don't utilize Tight End Position? we never had Tight Ends worth making them a featured part of the offense and when we tryed with Utecht,kelly & Coffman they all got injured.

I'll wait to judge but I think Carson is going to love the pick.

Why not? because we don't utilize Tight End Position? we never had Tight Ends worth making them a featured part of the offense and when we tryed with Utecht,kelly & Coffman they all got injured.

I'll wait to judge but I think Carson is going to love the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the pick. It just doesn't get me excited. I don't expect him to be a huge bust, I just don't expect him to be a star either. I think we spent our first round pick on a guy who will be a solid role player. So I gave the pick a C, thought about C+.

Since I do seem to be coming off more negative about it than I actually am, Ill say what I like about the pick.

He does seem to have that passion for the endzone. Something the Bengals need after struggles in the red zone the last couple years.

The potential is there for me to be wrong on it. He could become the next great tight end.

And the biggest one. This pick tells me the Bengals are in a win now mode. They are trying to get it done this year. And thats something we almost never get to say.

There we go. Some positives about the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the pick. It just doesn't get me excited. I don't expect him to be a huge bust, I just don't expect him to be a star either. I think we spent our first round pick on a guy who will be a solid role player. So I gave the pick a C, thought about C+.

I know but your saying he'll just be a avg player for us I'm asking why when we have nothing to go off to prove that? he has much chance as being probowler as he does just being avg "shrug" we don't know yet but most NFL people seem high on the guy...I know opinions will be bad at first because people have other players they wanted (cough cough me with Mays) but I think when it's all said and done people will like the pick....plus if Mike Brown would work the draft alittle :P and trade up we could have one of the other guys alot people wanted.

I know but your saying he'll just be a avg player for us I'm asking why when we have nothing to go off to prove that? he has much chance as being probowler as he does just being avg "shrug" we don't know yet but most NFL people seem high on the guy...I know opinions will be bad at first because people have other players they wanted (cough cough me with Mays) but I think when it's all said and done people will like the pick....plus if Mike Brown would work the draft alittle :P and trade up we could have one of the other guys alot people wanted.

I wouldn't expect Mike Brown to work the draft. But I dont think any of us do.

As for the others, Yes Mayok seemed to be very high on him. I am bored so Reading up on some other rankings lists.

About half the scouts have him in the 15 to 18 range. The other half have him 24 to 27 range. So it is close to the area. I just think Gresham was the best of a bad group of tight ends. And I think 21 was a bit high for him.

I wouldn't expect Mike Brown to work the draft. But I dont think any of us do.

As for the others, Yes Mayok seemed to be very high on him. I am bored so Reading up on some other rankings lists.

About half the scouts have him in the 15 to 18 range. The other half have him 24 to 27 range. So it is close to the area. I just think Gresham was the best of a bad group of tight ends. And I think 21 was a bit high for him.

General thought was he should entered last years draft and been the 1# and still go around same area,All in all I can't wait for tomorrow!

General thought was he should entered last years draft and been the 1# and still go around same area,All in all I can't wait for tomorrow!

Now I can 100% agree on he can't wait for tomorrow. A lot of players out there to like still. If they can pull of some other picks I like It will make me feel a lot better about Gresham.

Now I can 100% agree on he can't wait for tomorrow. A lot of players out there to like still. If they can pull of some other picks I like It will make me feel a lot better about Gresham.

True that Mays in 2 maybe Gily or Decker in rnd 3 :P would leave me so excited I cannot hide it! :P dodododod