Man. This draft is a head scratcher

walzav29

Isn't it great ?? I mean we are usually facing a pick of need that will be starting week #1, as opposed to really being able to pick from the BPA, if they so desire. I can easily think of a bunch of players that will probably be there at #21 that I would have little to no issue seeing in stripes.

Mays

Kindle

Graham

Gresham

Iupati

Pouncey

D. Thomas

I mean that's quite the variety of players and positions that could help this organization.

S, DE, OLB, TE, G/C, WR

You can call it a head scratcher, I call it happy...

Isn't it great ?? I mean we are usually facing a pick of need that will be starting week #1, as opposed to really being able to pick from the BPA, if they so desire. I can easily think of a bunch of players that will probably be there at #21 that I would have little to no issue seeing in stripes.

Mays

Kindle

Graham

Gresham

Iupati

Pouncey

D. Thomas

I mean that's quite the variety of players and positions that could help this organization.

S, DE, OLB, TE, G/C, WR

I don't know about BPA ? I mean, we still have needs. if it were BPA from selected positions like S,WR,TE,G maybe. I don't really agree with taking a LB or DE in the 1st. A DE won't get on the field behind Odom, Geathers, Johnson, Fanene. We're set at LB too with Dhani in the middle then Rivers and Maualuga, backed up by Johnson and Jeanty.

You say we don't need our 1st Rd pick to start immediately, and I agree to a point. I would like him to start at some point during his rookie season though, and barring injuries at those positions I just don't see it happening.

So, Best S(Mays/Thomas), TE(only Gresham), WR(only Bryant), G(only Iupati) C (only Pouncey) isn't really that wide open.

Ya only thing sure about this draft is 2 Defensive Tackles will go top 6

I don't know about BPA ? I mean, we still have needs. if it were BPA from selected positions like S,WR,TE,G maybe. I don't really agree with taking a LB or DE in the 1st. A DE won't get on the field behind Odom, Geathers, Johnson, Fanene. We're set at LB too with Dhani in the middle then Rivers and Maualuga, backed up by Johnson and Jeanty.

Well we do have needs it doesn't mean we have to address them in rnd 1,Simply can be put it off until round 2 so we can take the BPA...As for Defensive End not getting on the field over Geathers & fanene?on Running downs probably not but on passing? shouldn't be hard being our only passrusher is MJ...I was pretty against the Idea of linebacker Early on but then starting warming up to idea of a SLB who could put his hand down on 3rd downs...All in All really not against any position I'd prefer not to see a 1st round DT or CB,Though if it was who Marvin & zimmer wanted theres probably a reason for it...Just hope its not to save money on resigning Jjoe the following year :|

Mays

Kindle

Graham

Gresham

Iupati

Pouncey

D. Thomas

S, DE, OLB, TE, G/C, WR

You say we don't need our 1st Rd pick to start immediately, and I agree to a point. I would like him to start at some point during his rookie season though, and barring injuries at those positions I just don't see it happening.

So, Best S(Mays/Thomas), TE(only Gresham), WR(only Bryant), G(only Iupati) C (only Pouncey) isn't really that wide open.

Sure we still have needs. That's not what I'm saying. I'm merely saying that out of our needs we do have, there will be a player available at #21 to address it. Heck, I'll go further and say there will be multiple players at positions of need for us to choose from. I would our first rounder to start at some point as well, I didn't say I didn't, so I agree. I will disagree that it isn't wide open though because when you list 5 different players at 5 different positions that could both fill a need and be available when we pick, that just seems wide open. Then again, 3 would seem wide open to me, because by this point in time we are usually talking about which player from a specific position we will take. For example, the argument last year was which was the best OT to take, not really which of 5 different positions could we choose from.

Did Mays really only have 1 INT his entire college career? If so, how does a safety with that kind of speed not get more than one INT? I'm not saying he can't fit here but for all the JPP=Gholston talk about being just a combine warrior...how is Mays much different? I'm not instigating I just want to know.

Did Mays really only have 1 INT his entire college career? If so, how does a safety with that kind of speed not get more than one INT? I'm not saying he can't fit here but for all the JPP=Gholston talk about being just a combine warrior...how is Mays much different? I'm not instigating I just want to know.

He's had 5... He had one at the senior bowl... But hey i'm now ready to see roy... I have afeeling taylor wouldnt see the field cuz roys gonna be healthy.

Mays had more interceptions than Polamalu when he was a USC and he worked out okay...

Mays played the way they asked him to and that was to intimidate ...he did that very well thank you...

He's coachable...his a remarkable athlete....he'll be a good one...yes he will

Mays had more interceptions than Polamalu when he was a USC and he worked out okay...

Mays played the way they asked him to and that was to intimidate ...he did that very well thank you...

Earl Thomas had 10 INT's in 2 seasons...Mays had 5 in 4 seasons. Enough said.

1.)Earl Isn't going to be available

2.)Using your logic does that mean Morgan Burnett is better then Earl Thomas and as good as Berry because he he has 14 ints?

3.)If looked at it logically,Acourse Thomas is going to have more interceptions because their different types of Safety's...That be like expecting Fanene to have as many sacks as Jared Allen.

1.)Earl Isn't going to be available

2.)Using your logic does that mean Morgan Burnett is better then Earl Thomas and as good as Berry because he he has 14 ints?

3.)If looked at it logically,Acourse Thomas is going to have more interceptions because their different types of Safety's...That be like expecting Fanene to have as many sacks as Jared Allen.

Morgan Burnett is about 4 times better than Taylor Mays at the safety posistion and a little behind Earl Thomas and Berry.

I know Earl isnt going to be there but I feel he is the best safety in this draft by leaps and bounds. He does everything and does them all exceptionally well.

The reason why Mays will struggle in the NFL because he isnt a complete player. He is a major liability in pass coverage, maybe even as bad as Roy is. If you watched every game he has played, you will see this. Now, if he were to move to OLB, I probably would like the pick. I think he is best suited for that posistion. He should be like a Thomas Davis sort of player. If he is used as a safety, well look out.

I think the safety we should really just take a look at is Nate Allen.

WCA, I will simply agree to disagree with you in your last post.

Thomas is a great safety prospect and I wouldn't mind having him in stripes, but as mentioned, he won't be there. While I like Morgan Burnett as a player, he's not even rated as one of the top 5 safety prospects in the draft, so to say he's 4 times better than a top 20 talent overall sounds a little silly. You mentioned you would like it if he moved to OLB, but by almost every account i've seen, most don't think he would be able to make that move and the learning curve for him would be more drastic than some might think. In regards to Nate Allen, yeah, another guy I like, but he won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round and even if he was, there is thought that he projects better to the CB position than safety at the next level due to the fact he's not real aggressive or physical in his style of play.

Bottomline for me Mays is, if you were going to put him in any defense and expect him to flourish, the Bengals are a nice fit for him.

Couple that with learning from a 5 time pro bowler and surrounding him with not only talent (see Hall / JJoe), but familiarity (see Rivers / Maualuga) and you have a win win situation. It's not to say other safety prospects aren't better players, but as far as "fit" goes, he works in the Bengals defense.

The reason why Mays will struggle in the NFL because he isnt a complete player. He is a major liability in pass coverage, maybe even as bad as Roy is. I

Yet Roy has a place on our defense,Yes he isn't the next Ed Reed but if He is the next Roy Williams success because guess what thats apparently the type of Safety Zimmer likes, being he's had a enforcer SS 8 or 9 out of 10 years of being a DC.As for Roy coverage skills IMO he looked fine when he did play for us.

The reason why Mays will struggle in the NFL because he isnt a complete player. He is a major liability in pass coverage, maybe even as bad as Roy is. I

Yet Roy has a place on our defense,Yes he isn't the next Ed Reed but if He is the next Roy Williams success because guess what thats apparently the type of Safety Zimmer likes, being he's had a enforcer SS 8 or 9 out of 10 years of being a DC.As for Roy coverage skills IMO he looked fine when he did play for us.

If the pick is Mays in the first it will ensure the Bengals that if something happens to Roy Williams, which could possbily happen again where he gets injured, we would be stuck in the same situation we had last year. Now if you have Mays on the team there would be little to no drop off if we lose Roy to injury. Not to mention that Roy is only signed for 1 year. It gives the Bengals some serious hitters in the secondary, and it allows for a nice rotation at safety keeping guys fresh.