ArmyBengal's Last Mock

ArmyBengal

I think this draft has some many different variables that it makes doing this much more difficult this year.

That and the fact we aren't needing to get 3 starters in the draft and can draft for depth for a change.

I also think you could go CB in the 3rd as well with little thought, but I didn't. Maybe Jerome Murphy...

The many one year deals drove a lot of this. Anyway, here's what I was thinking.

ROUND 1: Taylor Mays, S, USC

I still see Mays dropping to us and having what most still think is one of the top 15 players in the draft fall to #21 would be great value and fill a need for this team. Roy Williams one year deal makes taking a safety early almost a certainty and I question our depth as well.

ROUND 2: Rob Growkowski, TE, Arizona

He's been declared healthy by the doctors, had a great pro day, and is considered to be the most complete TE in the draft. He's a projected 2nd round guy, but having him at #52 would once again provide value and fill yet another hole. Our TE position is in shambles and regardless of what many think we do or don't do with TE's, Brat has been trying to bring guys in. Kelly's uncertain status makes this a necessity and even with his return, does nothing to take care of the future of the position.

ROUND 3a: Austin Lane, DE, Murray State

Want a pass rusher ?? Here you go. A big guy who has put up solid numbers and if needing a season to put it all together can do that with what we currently have on the roster. Some will question his competition, but he has been very solid throughout his college career and even though he didn't do the best at the combine, has been timed in the 4.5's at 6'6, 267lbs. Nice write up here:

Despite only starting 10 of the 12 games in which he played, Lane exploded for 68 tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 12 sacks earning first-team all-Ohio Valley Conference honors. A year later, despite constant double-teams, Lane proved his junior campaign was far from a fluke, registering 64 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss and 11 sacks. The OVC Defensive Player of the Year and finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, Lane was invited to the Senior Bowl, proving to be a surprisingly effective pass rusher throughout the week of practice. His time in Mobile was highlighted by a fumble recovery and return for a touchdown that helped the North pull off the 31-13 victory.

ROUND 3b: Lamar Houston, DT, Texas

This might be more hopeful that he lasts until the end of the 3rd round, but it really depends on which scouting reports you wish to believe. His 40.5 TFL and 15 sacks for his career at Texas are right up there with Suh and McCoy stat wise and it's not like he was playing Div.II ball either. Getting him here would be great value once again and I think he would be a nice addition to the DT position.

ROUND 4a: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio

Again, not sure he falls to the 4th, but he's quick as well as being a fast straight line runner. The scouts have said he's a "sharp and sudden" route runner who is vastly underated. His blocking is said to be the weakness of his game, but has great hands and body control and has put up solid numbers for the Bobcats. I like what he could bring to our WR corps and think Simpson's time is up.

ROUND 4b: LaGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon

Yep, have to get a second fiddle to the bellcow spot at RB and give a year to see where he stands as a possible replacement to Ced if they decide to not bring him back after next year. If we go running back, it has to be in the bellcow mold, because this team has no one to fill the void should Benson goes down. God forbid.

ROUND 5: Arthur Moats, DE/OLB, James Madison

WHO ?? That's right, I said it, Moats bitches. Anyway, the I-AA defensive player of the year who could project to the OLB spot. He's on the smaller side, but you can't let that sway you. He's produced in a big way with 90 tackles, 23.5 of those for loss, and piled up 11 sacks with a fumble recovery for a TD. Think small school Dumerville on this kid.

ROUND 6: Leigh Tiffin, K, Alabama

I can't say as I want Shayne back in stripes and don't think Raymer (I think that's him) is really where they are going to put all their chips. The 6th round is about right for him. I just hope they decide to go in another direction then what we currently have.

ROUND 7: Brandon Carter, OG, Texas Tech

Probably doesn't present much better talent than what we already have, but I can't really see our 7th rounder being anything more than a practice squad guy. He's really intense though and I like the energy this guy brings to the field. That and the fact that he's just a f*cking beast at 6'5, 326 that is a noted mauler and has what is called, "Brute Strength" with good pass protection skills as well.

ROUND 1: Taylor Mays, S, USC

I still see Mays dropping to us and having what most still think is one of the top 15 players in the draft fall to #21 would be great value and fill a need for this team. Roy Williams one year deal makes taking a safety early almost a certainty and I question our depth as well.

I gotta say I like it Keke,Hopefully my sig magic works ;)

ROUND 2: Rob Growkowski, TE, Arizona

He's been declared healthy by the doctors, had a great pro day, and is considered to be the most complete TE in the draft. He's a projected 2nd round guy, but having him at #52 would once again provide value and fill yet another hole. Our TE position is in shambles and regardless of what many think we do or don't do with TE's, Brat has been trying to bring guys in. Kelly's uncertain status makes this a necessity and even with his return, does nothing to take care of the future of the position.

Once again ;) obivious that I like it but like you pointed out very well could be gone I could also see another team jumping us to get him like the cowboys did for Fasano.

ROUND 3a: Austin Lane, DE, Murray State

Want a pass rusher ?? Here you go. A big guy who has put up solid numbers and if needing a season to put it all together can do that with what we currently have on the roster. Some will question his competition, but he has been very solid throughout his college career and even though he didn't do the best at the combine, has been timed in the 4.5's at 6'6, 267lbs. Nice write up here:

Really love this pick could you picture him and MJ rushing the passer on 3rd downs? Though if we did take him I wonder if the Bengals would think about moving MJ to role they wanted David Pollack for.

ROUND 3b: Lamar Houston, DT, Texas

This might be more hopeful that he lasts until the end of the 3rd round, but it really depends on which scouting reports you wish to believe. His 40.5 TFL and 15 sacks for his career at Texas are right up there with Suh and McCoy stat wise and it's not like he was playing Div.II ball either. Getting him here would be great value once again and I think he would be a nice addition to the DT position.

Very Productive guy may be steal of draft for us.

ROUND 4a: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio

Again, not sure he falls to the 4th, but he's quick as well as being a fast straight line runner. The scouts have said he's a "sharp and sudden" route runner who is vastly underated. His blocking is said to be the weakness of his game, but has great hands and body control and has put up solid numbers for the Bobcats. I like what he could bring to our WR corps and think Simpson's time is up.

ROUND 4b: LaGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon

Yep, have to get a second fiddle to the bellcow spot at RB and give a year to see where he stands as a possible replacement to Ced if they decide to not bring him back after next year. If we go running back, it has to be in the bellcow mold, because this team has no one to fill the void should Benson goes down. God forbid.

ROUND 5: Arthur Moats, DE/OLB, James Madison

WHO ?? That's right, I said it, Moats bitches. Anyway, the I-AA defensive player of the year who could project to the OLB spot. He's on the smaller side, but you can't let that sway you. He's produced in a big way with 90 tackles, 23.5 of those for loss, and piled up 11 sacks with a fumble recovery for a TD. Think small school Dumerville on this kid.

ROUND 6: Leigh Tiffin, K, Alabama

I can't say as I want Shayne back in stripes and don't think Raymer (I think that's him) is really where they are going to put all their chips. The 6th round is about right for him. I just hope they decide to go in another direction then what we currently have.

ROUND 7: Brandon Carter, OG, Texas Tech

Probably doesn't present much better talent than what we already have, but I can't really see our 7th rounder being anything more than a practice squad guy. He's really intense though and I like the energy this guy brings to the field. That and the fact that he's just a f*cking beast at 6'5, 326 that is a noted mauler and has what is called, "Brute Strength" with good pass protection skills as well.

All sound good overall would give draft a A+ ^_^,I'm abit surprised you didn't take a guard(until the 7th) but then again if we resign Bobbie I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Shirly get a real chance at being his future replacement.

Like em both ^_^

The funny thing about this draft is, for as possible as it may be they don't take a Guard until late, they may very well take one in the first. The same could be said for many positions. DE, DT, CB, etc. A lot will simply depend on how the coaches view things that us fans simply aren't privy to. That's why I think they may wait on both the Guard and CB spots. David Jones isn't all world by any stretch, but there he is and I think they view him as a "good enough" CB for the nickel spot. Guard ?? Who knows ??

There will also be teams that are going to release players after the draft, so you also never know who may be available to fill in.

The funny thing about this draft is, for as possible as it may be they don't take a Guard until late, they may very well take one in the first. The same could be said for many positions. DE, DT, CB, etc. A lot will simply depend on how the coaches view things that us fans simply aren't privy to. That's why I think they may wait on both the Guard and CB spots. David Jones isn't all world by any stretch, but there he is and I think they view him as a "good enough" CB for the nickel spot. Guard ?? Who knows ??

There will also be teams that are going to release players after the draft, so you also never know who may be available to fill in.

I have several of the guys in your mock, just jumbled a bit.

r1 - sign/trade with Denver for Marshall (also sending Collins or Livings their way)

r2 - Jared Odrick (DT) - http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=DT

r3 - Kam Chancellor (FS) - http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=FS

r4 - Brandon Carter (OG) - http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=OG

r5 - Taylor Price (WR) - http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=WR

r6 - Myron Lewis (CB/FS) - http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=CB

r7 - Arthur Moats (OLB) - http://www.nfldrafts...2010&genpos=OLB

I do like Carter, Price and Moats.

If I were to revise my r1 pick, I could go Dickerson, Pierre-Paul, Pouncey.