UNTAMED's Mock

This is my second shot at a Mock Draft. I will do a third/final Mock Draft a day or two before the NFL Draft starts. As you all know, we get a 3rd & 4th Comp. pick.

Here it goes...

With the 21rst pick, in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select,

1. Jason Pierre-Paul - DE - USF

Some of you will disagree with with this pick for a number of different reasons. One of them is that he won't be available. I honestly think he might slide a bit. And if he does, we'll have someone to complement MJ on passing downs and eventually he'll replace Geathers. If he is sitting at 21, he'll most likely be the BPA.

2. Morgan Burnett - S - GT

We have Roy Williams (Hopefully he can stay healthy). We don't need another hard hitting safety just yet (Taylor Mays). This kid is more of a coverage safety. He would eventually replace Crocker.

3. Marshawn Gilyard - WR - Nati

He would have to fight for 3rd WR (Caldwell) and would most likely not win. But he would be an instant boost in SP.

3(Comp). Rennie Curran - LB - Georgia

He would give us great depth at LB and would eventually take Maualuga's spot at OLB and Maualuga would replace Dhani at ILB.

4. Lamarr Houston - DT - Texas

I can see quite a few really good DT's falling because of such a big class of good DT's this year. Probably won't happen. But I can dream. We also just re-signed Tank so I don't know if they would be even thinking about DT at this spot.

4(Comp). Mike Johnson - OG - Alabama

Need a future replacement for #63. But if he doesn't re-sign then the Bengals would have to draft a Guard higher then round 4.

5. Aaron Pettrey - K - Ohio St.

He's projected on most NFL Draft sites as the top kicker in this years draft. If we want the best we'd have to draft him here.

6. Bill Stull - QB - Pitt

Need someone to back-up Palmer

7. Stephen Williams - WR - Toledo

Just because...

There are so many ways this could turn out that it makes it hard to really argue with any mock. That being said, I like what I see there for the most part, but am one of the ones that isn't sure Gilyard is what we need for the WR corps. No big deal as I wouldn't be upset, but my feeling on it. I also think with there being no bell cow to take Benson's place if he were to get dinged up or not come back next season, one will be taken in this draft at some point.

Like I said though, it would be hard to be upset if that is how it turned out for the Bengals.

No tight end ??

Overall I like it

1. Jason Pierre-Paul - DE - USF

Some of you will disagree with with this pick for a number of different reasons. One of them is that he won't be available. I honestly think he might slide a bit. And if he does, we'll have someone to complement MJ on passing downs and eventually he'll replace Geathers. If he is sitting at 21, he'll most likely be the BPA.

I like going end,We need Passrush and good teams can rush the passer my only worry is Pierre-Paul is another workout warrior...But still like idea of him and MJ attacking the passer on 3rd downs..

2. Morgan Burnett - S - GT

We have Roy Williams (Hopefully he can stay healthy). We don't need another hard hitting safety just yet (Taylor Mays). This kid is more of a coverage safety. He would eventually replace Crocker.

Well I like the pick but disagree with reasoning because you say we have Roy Williams we don't need another hard hitting safety but the thing is we have Chris crocker who is working off a 2 year deal vs Roys 1...With that being said I could see Crocker moving to SS in 2011 if Burnett is ready to start by then.

3. Marshawn Gilyard - WR - Nati

He would have to fight for 3rd WR (Caldwell) and would most likely not win. But he would be an instant boost in SP.

<3 <3 <3

3(Comp). Rennie Curran - LB - Georgia

He would give us great depth at LB and would eventually take Maualuga's spot at OLB and Maualuga would replace Dhani at ILB.

Sounds good.

4. Lamarr Houston - DT - Texas

I can see quite a few really good DT's falling because of such a big class of good DT's this year. Probably won't happen. But I can dream. We also just re-signed Tank so I don't know if they would be even thinking about DT at this spot.

Sounds good

4(Comp). Mike Johnson - OG - Alabama

Need a future replacement for #63. But if he doesn't re-sign then the Bengals would have to draft a Guard higher then round 4.

LIke the pick but Dunno if he lasts that long

5. Aaron Pettrey - K - Ohio St.

He's projected on most NFL Draft sites as the top kicker in this years draft. If we want the best we'd have to draft him here.

Sounds good

6. Bill Stull - QB - Pitt

Need someone to back-up Palmer

Eh I doubt he would unseat Younger palmer ...would rather take CB to develop behind Morgan

7. Stephen Williams - WR - Toledo

Just because...

Sounds fine

There are so many ways this could turn out that it makes it hard to really argue with any mock. That being said, I like what I see there for the most part, but am one of the ones that isn't sure Gilyard is what we need for the WR corps. No big deal as I wouldn't be upset, but my feeling on it. I also think with there being no bell cow to take Benson's place if he were to get dinged up or not come back next season, one will be taken in this draft at some point.

Like I said though, it would be hard to be upset if that is how it turned out for the Bengals.

No tight end ??

Do we ever draft a tight end? Oh yeah, last year. I don't think their gonna be looking at TE. They'll probably see how Chase does this year before they draft another one.

You do know Chase is currently the only Tight end on our roster worthy of a spot right? so we gonna go whole year with 1 TE? you can take a guy in later rnds doesn't have be early.

We have Dan Coats :lmao: . I just go by the draft history. If we do draft a TE it will be in the mid to late rounds. The highest the Bengals have ever drafted a TE was round 2 (according to this). But if any year would be the to draft a TE in the first round it would be this year. BUT, why should we waste a top pick on a TE when we don't even use them right (passing situations)? We should just draft an OT to play TE since we mainly use them to block.

You do know Chase is currently the only Tight end on our roster worthy of a spot right? so we gonna go whole year with 1 TE? you can take a guy in later rnds doesn't have be early.

We have Dan Coats :lmao: . I just go by the draft history. If we do draft a TE it will be in the mid to late rounds. The highest the Bengals have ever drafted a TE was round 2 (according to this). But if any year would be the to draft a TE in the first round it would be this year. BUT, why should we waste a top pick on a TE when we don't even use them right (passing situations)? We should just draft an OT to play TE since we mainly use them to block.

Much also depends on the status of one Reggie Kelly and if he will be able to come back this season. If not, yeah, we are taking a TE and I would guess in round #2. Regardless of his injuries that all the doctors have cleared him of, Gronkowski presents a VERY nice option for us in the 2nd round. He presents the closest to an all around TE in my opinion. He can catch the ball, but is a very good blocker who would fill the "blocking" TE void we would have without Kelly in the mix. Coffman and Gronkowski wouldn't hurt my feelings in two TE sets at all, with Coats hopefully riding the bench.

In regards to what the Bengals have done in the past, you simply can't gauge things off of that as easily. The Bengals have been making efforts to bring in additional TE help for years now and it simply hasn't panned out. They went and got Utecht and made more than every attempt to get the TE from Dallas (can't recall his name). They drafted Coffman in the 3rd last year and now are faced with the possibility of not having Kelly. I think TE is a "must draft" with all the picks we have this year and yes, I'm guessing the 2nd round.

TE sets at all, with Coats hopefully riding the bench.

I'd still feel more comfertable if he was riding a couch at his home :P

this