B. Williams close to signing

walzav29

This doesn't have anything to do with Bobbie Williams, just with the side conversation we were having about position coaches at pro-days, but Jeff Fitzgerald ran the linebacker drills at Alabama's workout. Apparently he worked McClain so hard that McClain let everybody know he had Crohn's disease.

Since Crohn's disease usually has symptons like vomiting and diarrhea, I'm just wondering if he really lays the wood to someone...will he barf, or crap his pants?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, and of course letting that player get into the system at guard would help the transition. But I have to say, for all of the acclaim Whitworth gets, and despite some confusing stats that seem to suggest otherwise, I found him to be a bit liable last season.

The only problem with Whitworth last season was his false-starts, which would most likely be wiped out completely if he were playing at guard (right next to Center) as opposed to outside. His pass protection and run blocking was solid. I don't know how you found him "a bit liable" unless you were referring to the penalties.

Incognito would be more proof of the Bengals embracing the Full Retard.

Seriously, no way. This is like in wrestling where the character does a heel turn - it's like the Bengals are *trying* to acquire a critical mass of dirtbags. I'm expecting Marvin to break a chair over Mike Tomlin's head next year or something.

Going for guys like Tank or Benson is one thing, where you're running a risk he might get in trouble again, but you have somebody else on the depth chart. Incognito you can't play at all because he's a walking 15 yard penalty. Sadly, I remember watching him last year and thinking "at least *that* guy's not on the Bengals.

Doh!

Hopefully they are just using Incognito's visit as leverage in their negotiations with Bobbie. The old "If you don't want this veteran minimum + 25% contract, I know someone who does" gambit.

I think this is what it is except I think its more about Bobbie wanting three years and the Bengals only wanting two.

Hopefully they are just using Incognito's visit as leverage in their negotiations with Bobbie. The old "If you don't want this veteran minimum + 25% contract, I know someone who does" gambit.

I think this is what it is except I think its more about Bobbie wanting three years and the Bengals only wanting two.

Sure thats what it is the length.

I'm pretty sure We'll resign bobbie, but i think we should check out mitch petrus out of arkansas. He didnt play his whole stay but he's another SEC guy, he's strong as hell. He did 45 reps of 225! And he could be a hell of a guard with a year of learning from bobbie under his belt. And him and bobbie went to the same school also. And if luigs wins a job this year as a guard they could be quite a tandem...

Joe Reedy claims the Incognito interest was a feint, and contract talks with Bobbie have resumed. More predictions of a deal by the end of next week.

And if not by the end of last week...perhaps by the end of this one. Then again, the following is from ESPN Insider....

"The Miami Dolphins chose to open Pandora's box with their signing of Richie Incognito last week. Allegedly one of the NFL's dirtiest players, he's certainly one of the more penalized, but he also brings a certain nasty streak to the field. As with any move, it appears that a chain reaction has been set off, and according to Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post, veteran offensive lineman Justin Smiley is now on the trading block.

Thompson relays word that Smiley has been instructed to stay away from team activities in light of the possibility of a trade, and the team should receive some good offers for the 28-year-old. When healthy, Smiley is effective in both pass- and run-blocking. Sources have told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald that the Dolphins' asking price is likely a third-rounder, and he tweeted some possible destinations on Monday afternoon: Atlanta, Seattle, Cincinnati and San Francisco."

Joe Reedy claims the Incognito interest was a feint, and contract talks with Bobbie have resumed. More predictions of a deal by the end of next week.

And if not by the end of last week...perhaps by the end of this one. Then again, the following is from ESPN Insider....

"The Miami Dolphins chose to open Pandora's box with their signing of Richie Incognito last week. Allegedly one of the NFL's dirtiest players, he's certainly one of the more penalized, but he also brings a certain nasty streak to the field. As with any move, it appears that a chain reaction has been set off, and according to Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post, veteran offensive lineman Justin Smiley is now on the trading block.

Thompson relays word that Smiley has been instructed to stay away from team activities in light of the possibility of a trade, and the team should receive some good offers for the 28-year-old. When healthy, Smiley is effective in both pass- and run-blocking. Sources have told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald that the Dolphins' asking price is likely a third-rounder, and he tweeted some possible destinations on Monday afternoon: Atlanta, Seattle, Cincinnati and San Francisco."

After that post, I at least expected a Smiley emoticon....smile.gif ......there.

Because I'm being a lazy ass, does anyone recall where Smiley ranked on that super cool write up about o-linemen not long ago ??

I think there was a thread about it, but like I said, I'm feeling lazy. Something else is, what does it say when you are let go due to signing Incognito ??