Roethlisberger Accused of Another Sexual Assault

Also heard the police are running tests on swabs they took from the bathroom where the alleged incident occurred.

You don't want to read too much into all this before all the information comes out... but just putting 2 and 2 together, this seems like evidence is being gathered for a rape case.

Also... it appears Roethlisberger is quite aware of seriousness of these potential charges, given that he just hired Ray Lewis' lawyer. Link

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given that he just hired Ray Lewis' lawyer. Link

Awesome. Ben will be turning to the Lord soon.

PS - I'd bet fifty bucks Ben couldn't spell lord if you spotted him the L and the O.

To be perfectly fair, the citizens of Pittsburgh are known to speak a strange local dialect called "Yinzer" by some observers.

I mention this only because the yinzanese spelling of the word lord is indeed.......l-a-w-d.

Well that explains it. Ben say she fell and hit her head!

Report: Roethlisberger admitted to having "sexual contact" with alleged victim

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010 7:02 PM ET

As the investigation regarding the sexual assault allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roerhlisberger continues, KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh reports that Roethlisberger admitted to having "sexual contact" with the woman who claims sexual assault, but that there was no intercourse.

The admission came during an interview of Roethlisberger conducted at the scene.

Per the report, Roethlisberger claims that the woman fell and injured her head after the incident. She then went to a hospital and alleged that she was sexually assaulted.

Police have requested a DNA sample from Roethlisberger, but attorney Ed Garland has declined either to make a DNA sample available or to make Roethlisberger available for another interview.

More from PFT...

Roethlisberger's crew included officers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 10, 2010 6:08 PM ET

A Pittsburgh-area police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper were in Ben Roethlisberger's posse on the night he was accused of sexual assault.

A lawyer for one of the officers told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that his client is close friends with Roethlisberger, and was in Georgia with him in that capacity.

Eyewitnesses have described larger bouncer-type friends protecting Roethlisberger at times while he partied. Surprisingly, neither man has been contacted by Georgia authorities yet, indicating that the investigation is going slowly.

The lawyer said both officers were "completely sober" on the night in question and will cooperate with the investigation. Authorities are seeking a sample of Roethlisberger's DNA.

Cincy cops go all out to bust their town's football players.

Pitt & Pennsltucky cops? Well, y'know...terrible towel..steely mcbeam...mumble mumble...HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

It's looking bad for Ben.

Really bad.

He's still denying whatever he can as long as he can, but with each passing hour things continue to crumble. For example, he's already admitted to having some type of sexual contact with a 20-year old college student in a nightclub. Plus, his claim that she hit her head after the fact sounds an awful lot like the old she-fell-down-a-flight-of-stairs defense used by most wife beaters.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a career ender.

Love it.

I guess I should get my two cents in on Ben Roethlisberger:

First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn’t know how to treat people and he definitely doesn’t know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he’s such a jackass. And these aren’t just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It’s men and women from all walks of life.

Most of the accounts of the incident in Georgial mention that Ben wasn’t drinking much. The implication being that he wasn’t high. Let me be the first to point out that he could very easily have been high on something other than alcohol. If that turns out to be the case, will you be surprised?

If this jackass is charged with sexual assault, the NFL should immediately suspend him for several games next season. If the league doesn’t, the Steelers should. We hear all the time about how the Rooney family does things differently. This is a chance to prove it. It’s one thing to suspend or cut a third receiver or a backup lineman. Suspending a $100 million quarterback would really set the Rooneys apart.

Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

A couple of years ago I heard from a woman who said that Roethlisberger blew off a Make-A-Wish kid. When KDKA-TVs News Director, John Verrilli, was shown the email, he made it clear that it was a story that his news department would not be pursuing. I eventually got in contact with the parents of the little girl who the jackass snubbed. They said the story was true but they didn’t want to go public with it for their daughter’s sake. The little girl had cystic fibrosis.

As I said, Bad citizen who needs a comeuppance.

PS - I'd bet fifty bucks Ben couldn't spell lord if you spotted him the L and the O.

To be perfectly fair, the citizens of Pittsburgh are known to speak a strange local dialect called "Yinzer" by some observers.

I mention this only because the yinzanese spelling of the word lord is indeed.......l-a-w-d.

yinz.jpg

pantyw.jpg

More from PFT...

Roethlisberger's crew included officers

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 10, 2010 6:08 PM ET

A Pittsburgh-area police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper were in Ben Roethlisberger's posse on the night he was accused of sexual assault.

A lawyer for one of the officers told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that his client is close friends with Roethlisberger, and was in Georgia with him in that capacity.

Eyewitnesses have described larger bouncer-type friends protecting Roethlisberger at times while he partied. Surprisingly, neither man has been contacted by Georgia authorities yet, indicating that the investigation is going slowly.

The lawyer said both officers were "completely sober" on the night in question and will cooperate with the investigation. Authorities are seeking a sample of Roethlisberger's DNA.

Cincy cops go all out to bust their town's football players.

Pitt & Pennsltucky cops? Well, y'know...terrible towel..steely mcbeam...mumble mumble...HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

It's hard to chase someone when you're stuck in wet concrete...

womancop5.jpg

Well that explains it. Ben say she fell and hit her head!

Wonder what made her so dizzy that she fell, repeated ball strikes to the chin?

benteriyaki.jpg

Ahh... Pittsburgh does have a long storied history of stupid QBs, no?

knucklebigben.jpg

Doh!

Just an update on what I've been hearing.

Ben's lawyer hired some private investigator to dig up anything he can on the victim. They'll try to put the victim on trial.

The local cops called in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and from what I can tell they are taking the case over. Good to see, because Ben can probably outspend the locals like 10-1 on experts, investigators, etc.

In my wildest dreams, Ben gets convicted of something. But since rape is now legal for celebrities in the United States (murder is also legal for celebrities but only in California), I hold out little hope for a conviction.

At this point, an indictment would be huge, and I'd consider same to be a huge victory.

From: Lucinda Holder, Chairwoman, Make A Wish Foundation of Pennsylvania

To: Ben Roethlisberger

Mr. Roethlisberger, We at Make A Wish accept your heartfelt apology regarding your egregious, callous handling of the Whitney Pettimore case. And in regards to your inquiry, yes, Whitney has passed on, though it is my understanding that she received your apology before her death.

The Make A Wish Foundation does not normally accept specific requests from celebrities. You see, the wish makers are normally the ill children, not the healthy celebrities called upon to visit the kids.

But in your case we are willing to make an exception to allow you to redeem yourself and bring happiness to a terminally ill child. Yes, we have several unfortunate young ladies between the ages of 16 and 22 who are sick with terminal diseases. And yes, some of them were high school cheerleaders, and though it is beyond me why you would ask, a couple of them, though quite ill, have "kept their booming figures," as you put it.

Your request to meet with a young lady who's illness has left her physically weak is almost redundant. They are all quite weak. You specified that she "not be able to fight back." We do have some cases in that are stage 4, no longer receiving treatment, and unable to fight their illnesses any longer.

As you know, all our Make A Wish visits are chaperoned. Your request that the chaperone be a female in her 20s, under 105 pounds, is highly unusual. Your agent passed on your requirement that the chaperone be "frail", and that she is to have never taken any self defense or martial arts classes.

Mr. Roethlisberger, our chaperones are all volunteers, and there is no way for us to know such things about them. Having said that, I guess there is no harm in, as you suggested, our soliciting volunteer chaperones from the freshman pledge class at the Delta Delta Delta sorority at Pitt.

We'll contact you in the near future with more information, thanks for your involvement with the Make A Wish Foundation.

Warmest Regards,

Lucinda Holder

Anybody besides Greg and I keeping track of this case? It's pretty much falling apart. Some kind of shenanigans went on with the dvds of the bar security cameras. Police watched some of the recording the night of the incident, came back a day or two later to collect them and the dvds had been permanently overwritten. Nice police work. Leave the evidence, figuring you'll come back and get it later. WTF?

Anybody besides Greg and I keeping track of this case? It's pretty much falling apart. Some kind of shenanigans went on with the dvds of the bar security cameras. Police watched some of the recording the night of the incident, came back a day or two later to collect them and the dvds had been permanently overwritten. Nice police work. Leave the evidence, figuring you'll come back and get it later. WTF?

I heard that the surveillance video was useless. It was black & white, grainy, and no cameras were aimed toward the bathroom area.

I heard that the police have somehow obtained video that was shot by someone is Roethlisberger's party... but I'm guessing it is just as useless.

I'm back and forth on this every day. One day news comes out that makes it look like nothing is going to come from it. The next day news comes out that makes it seem like Roethlisberger is f**ked.

Who knows? I keep up on the news, but can't make much of any of it from one day to the next.

Various fun notes from Florio & Co. today:

No Ben at workouts:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/28/roethlisberger-not-reporting-for-offseason-program/

Santonio Holmes sued for assault & battery:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/santonio-sued-for-assault-battery/

Willie Parker would rather sit out than play for the Steelers in 2010:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/report-parker-would-rather-sit-out-2010-than-play-for-steelers/

Love it. Every damn bit.

Various fun notes from Florio & Co. today:

No Ben at workouts:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/28/roethlisberger-not-reporting-for-offseason-program/

Santonio Holmes sued for assault & battery:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/santonio-sued-for-assault-battery/

Willie Parker would rather sit out than play for the Steelers in 2010:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/report-parker-would-rather-sit-out-2010-than-play-for-steelers/

Love it. Every damn bit.

Yikes! Surely the national media can spin all this to show that the Bengals are a dysfunctional organization.