Demaryius Thomas-Breaks foot

Kazkal

While this guy doesn't make a ton of catches, the number that really stuck out was...He played 13 games last season, and had a reception of 50+ yards in 9 of those 13.....

You also have to remember that Georgia Tech is a option/run first team.

Well Hobson just had a article pimping this guy but looks like he broke his foot,May be possible Steal in mid rounds.

No way. Thomas will still be a 1st round pick. And he will most likely be gone before the bengals pick at #21.

What do you base that assuption on? I haven't seen 1 mock draft with him going in the 1st Round, let alone before the Bengals pick at #21.

Well Hobson just had a article pimping this guy but looks like he broke his foot,May be possible Steal in mid rounds.

No way. Thomas will still be a 1st round pick. And he will most likely be gone before the bengals pick at #21.

What do you base that assuption on? I haven't seen 1 mock draft with him going in the 1st Round, let alone before the Bengals pick at #21.

Mel Kiper's latest mock has him going to us in the first round. I don't like the guy though. He may have a good physical skill set, but he played in a weird offense that didn't really require him to run routes. We have enough problems on this team with route running.

Mel Kiper's latest mock has him going to us in the first round. I don't like the guy though. He may have a good physical skill set, but he played in a weird offense that didn't really require him to run routes. We have enough problems on this team with route running.

Kiper is a joke.....Yeah, in his latest mock he did bump him up to a 1st Rd pick, but every other Mock has him 3rd - 4th Rd, and as soon as Kiper "Hypes" him (all based on his prediction that Thomas would have a great combine, by the way) the kid injures his foot...This guy will not be anywhere near a 1st RD pick, especially without being able to compete at the combine....So, like I've said for years...Screw Mel Kiper Jr.

This could actually be GREAT news for the Bengals. I also believed he would be the one WR that would gain the most from his H/W/S numbers at the Combine, but I don't know how a team could pull the trigger on a guy that is a question mark to be healthy by the start of training camp. I did read somewhere that there is a tape of him running a 4.38 forty, but I'm not sure if that will be enough to keep him in the first round.

The Bengals might have a choice in round 2 to make between Mardy and BayBay. I absolutely love Gilyard, but think that Thomas might actually have more of an upside. As NFL receivers, both will need a lot of coaching, as most rookies do. For the Calvin Johnson lovers/trade proponents, he's the closest thing since the original.

• 3 weeks later...

When Demaryius Thomas broke his foot he was really starting to get some heat on draft boards. The Sporting News' warroom even had him ranked as the #1 WR and one of the top 10 players in this draft. Who knows? Where he goes depends on his workout, whenever that happens. If, as has been claimed, he is capable of running a sub 4.4 forty,and aces his drills,Thomas may very well be gone by #21. If the foot causes him to drop, he probably falls no lower than Rd 2, and might be there for the Bengals at #54.This big,physical,athletic and strong-handed WR would be just what the doctor ordered for the WR corps.

When Demaryius Thomas broke his foot he was really starting to get some heat on draft boards. The Sporting News' warroom even had him ranked as the #1 WR and one of the top 10 players in this draft. Who knows? Where he goes depends on his workout, whenever that happens. If, as has been claimed, he is capable of running a sub 4.4 forty,and aces his drills,Thomas may very well be gone by #21. If the foot causes him to drop, he probably falls no lower than Rd 2, and might be there for the Bengals at #54.This big,physical,athletic and strong-handed WR would be just what the doctor ordered for the WR corps.

No way is he the best WR in the draft. There seems to always be 1 WR who comes out of nowhere, or is hyped up by his speed to be included near the top, those players usually flop...(see: #7 Overall Darrius Heyward-Bey 2009, Donnie Avery 1st WR taken in 2008, #9 Overall Ted Ginn 2007) .

I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd, but the dude is DEFINITELY NOT worthy of a 1st Round selection.