Clifton Geathers Anyone?

BengalPimp

We already have the Palmer brothers, so why not the Geathers brothers as well? I'll admit, i haven't seen much of Clifton Geathers, but like his older brother Robert he is leaving school a year early to enter the draft. I've seen mocks with him in the 5th to 6th Round range.

His 2009 stats were modest....40 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble.

Like his brother, he will be a pick based on "potential" He is actually bigger than his brother. While Robert is listed at 6'3" 280 lbs..."Little" brother Clifton is 6'8" 281 lbs with long arms.

Opinions?

We already have the Palmer brothers, so why not the Geathers brothers as well? I'll admit, i haven't seen much of Clifton Geathers, but like his older brother Robert he is leaving school a year early to enter the draft. I've seen mocks with him in the 5th to 6th Round range.

Like his brother, he will be a pick based on "potential" He is actually bigger than his brother. While Robert is listed at 6'3" 280 lbs..."Little" brother Clifton is 6'8" 281 lbs with long arms.

Opinions?

Where did he play college ball?

Opinions?

Where did he play college ball?

South Carolina...

I would love to have Clifton, especially in the 5th or 6th round...that would b a frickin steal!

He would have benefited from another year in college, but he potentially can be better than Robert...Just not right away.

He's much further behind in his development than Robert was, so he'll need at least a couple of seasons on the PS. I don't think he's ready to contribute in sub packages at DE yet. I would even suspect that more 3-4 teams look at him than 4-3 bases. That said, he has the frame to add at least another 20 pounds, and might be better suited inside in the 4-3. With his upside, size and pedigree, I'd pull the trigger in round 5 in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He would have benefited from another year in college, but he potentially can be better than Robert...Just not right away.

He's much further behind in his development than Robert was, so he'll need at least a couple of seasons on the PS. I don't think he's ready to contribute in sub packages at DE yet. I would even suspect that more 3-4 teams look at him than 4-3 bases. That said, he has the frame to add at least another 20 pounds, and might be better suited inside in the 4-3. With his upside, size and pedigree, I'd pull the trigger in round 5 in a heartbeat.

Cliff Geathers is a draftable guy and 2 years on any practice squad is out of the question. Geathers has the kind of elite size and athleticism you don't find very often. But he is raw. Still, he would be very good value on Day 3 and could contribute right away in a rotation up and down the line and on special teams.

Cliff Geathers is a draftable guy and 2 years on any practice squad is out of the question. Geathers has the kind of elite size and athleticism you don't find very often. But he is raw. Still, he would be very good value on Day 3 and could contribute right away in a rotation up and down the line and on special teams.

I think we all agree he is raw. With his pedigree, and his 6'8" 281lb frame, agreed, he could move up and down the line, if his speed isn't that good, he should be able to pack on a few pounds and would make one big DT. At 6'8" with his reach, that could = quite a few tipped passes at the line of scrimage...but that's all just speculation at this point.

• 4 weeks later...