Big Ten Expansion

I know there are all sorts of rumors floating out there. The one I've read most recently is Texas to the big ten. That would make one hell of an addition to the conference. Personally ND still makes the most sense, but I don't think they will ever come.

I don't like the thought of Texas joining the Big 10 simply due to it's location. It just doesn't seem to fit to me. That being said, Notre Dame does fit the need the best, but as mentioned before, their independent staus in football has allowed them to make TONS of money with TV contracts and any bowl winnings are not shared among a conference. 100% take home is a real advantage. Another thing with ND is the rest of their sports fall under the Big East I think, so that would change a bunch of things as well.

It will probably end up being another smallish school like Iowa State or something like that...

I know there are all sorts of rumors floating out there. The one I've read most recently is Texas to the big ten. That would make one hell of an addition to the conference. Personally ND still makes the most sense, but I don't think they will ever come.

Question....

If Texas moves from the Big 12, to the Big 10 (which actually has 11 schools) The "New" Big 12 will have 11 schools, and the "old" Big 10 will now have 12....So what will we call the conferences ???

Question....

If Texas moves from the Big 12, to the Big 10 (which actually has 11 schools) The "New" Big 12 will have 11 schools, and the "old" Big 10 will now have 12....So what will we call the conferences ???

Actually,the rumor is that they want Texas,Texas A&M and Missouri.

If they were to take Texas & Missouri then they could still call them the Big 10 as they would have 10 different states representing the Big 10 (Ohio,Indiana,Illinois,Iowa,Pennsylvania,Wisconsin,Minnesota,Michigan,Missouri & Texas).

i was listening to 97.1 the fan. a columbus sports station. they said that the big ten has the largest revenue of any conference. that if notre damn or texas joined that they would get more money from joining the big ten than they get now. mike and mike said that the money notre damn makes now. does not even compare to the money big 10 teams receive. so it's kinda a no brainer to join. that said chris spielman thinks the big ten is out to make a super conference. i think the big ten is doing what ever they can to make the conference stronger. to prevent ohio state which has out grown the big ten, from leaving. i have no proof to back it up. but ohio state like texas is big enough to be there own enity and don't really need to be in a conference to make money. hell when the big ten network was feuding with time warner over the network. time warner approached the buckeyes about having there own tv network and to heck with the b10 network.