Kazkal's Samoan Power Draft

Kazkal

As much as I want Mays I just can't see us landing him or Earl Thomas in the 1st unless we trade up to 12-13 range...SO with that being said Heres my Polynesian heavy draft so we can lead the league in Samoans if we already aren't

1.)Mike Iupati-LG

2.)Mardy Gilyard-WR

3.)Reshad Jones-S

4A.)Tyson Alaulu DT -4th DT on Rotation,Let Fanene Start with Odom and Geathers go back to his pass rushing role..Hawaiian not Samoan :P

4B.)Chet Teofilo-Another big Mauling Samoan for the Trenches.

5th.)Cameron Sheffield-Big Thumping Linebacker to Develop behind Rey until he moves inside

6th.)Leigh Tiffin-Draft a kicker,don't hope you get a Undrafted one you may have wanted.

6thB.)Joe Webb-Big Athletiac and a former QB...Late round Project maybe gives us the Trick play factor but hopefully just a big target

7th.)Walter Mcfadden-CB

Free Agency:Resign Tank,JJohnson & Roy Williams then bring in Anthony Fasano

Depth Chart

Offense

QB:Palmer,O'sullivan,Palmer(3)

RB:Cedben,Scott,Leonard (3)

FB:J.Johnson (1)

WR:Chad,Coles,Gilyard,Caldwell,Cosby & Purify (6)

TE:Fasano,Foschi & Coffman (3)

LT:Whitworth,Collins(2 for 10 Oline)

LG:Iupati,Mathis

C:Cook,Luigs 2

RG:Mathis(Until Chet is ready),Chet Teofilo 2

RT:Big Dre,Big Ronald 2

Defense

LE-Odom,MJohnson(2)

DNT:Peko,Sims(2)

DUT:Tank,Alaulu(2)

RE-Fanene,Geathers(2)

WLB:Keith,Brandon(2)

MLB:Dhani,Hodge(2)

SLB:Maualuga,Sheffield,Skuta(2)

CB:JJoe,Hall,Trent,Fadden & Jones(5)

FS:Crocker,Reshad Jones,Nelson(3)

SS:Roy,Ndukwe(2)

Offense:25

Defense:25

ST:3

Notable PS:Purify(though could beat out Webb),Jerrome Simpson(Hey he's a 2nd rounder may as well),Fui (I could see him beating JJ with a year but I'll go with safe pick for now)

polynesian count:7

Alot of good Tight Ends...Most are restricted hopefully most won't draw the larger tags.

Ben Watson, New England Patriots (29) Wouldn't mind Watson

Owen Daniels, Houston Texans (27) – Restricted FA (RFA-CBA) Texans will put the Largest tag on him no doubt

Tony Scheffler, Denver Broncos (27) – Restricted FA (RFA-CBA)I could see him getting atleast a 2nd if not larger tag

Bo Scaife, Tennessee Titans (29) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)2nd or Larger

Alge Crumpler, Tennessee Titans (32)

Anthony Fasano, Miami Dolphins (26) – Restricted FA (RFA-CBA)Word was Marvin n Co would have taken him if the Cowboys didn't beat us to it,Blocking first TE who atleast can catch the ball unlike Coats.

Daniel Fells, St. Louis Rams (26)

Jeff King, Carolina Panthers (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Brandon Manumaleuna, San Diego Chargers (30)

David Martin, Miami Dolphins (31)

Randy McMichael, St. Louis Rams (31)

Billy Miller, New Orleans Saints (33)

Leonard Pope, St. Louis Rams (27)

Derek Schouman, Buffalo Bills (25)

Alex Smith, Philadelphia Eagles (28) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

L.J. Smith, Baltimore Ravens (30)

Matt Spaeth, Pittsburgh Steelers (25)

David Thomas, New Orleans Saints (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

PS,As much as I want Taylor,Or be happy with Earl I just can't see it happening with how the Draft Falls...

Well according to this, Mays's stock is falling. I think it's very likely Mays will fall to us. Probably past us. Rey Rey might try and talk Marvin n' Mike into drafting this kid. :P

Well according to this, Mays's stock is falling. I think it's very likely Mays will fall to us. Probably past us.

Agreed.

And Kaz, Zimmer spoke about Roy Williams just the other day and made it pretty clear he WON'T be returning due to health and coverage concerns. Furthermore, he went on to say with opposing offenses almost overwhelmingly slanted towards passing the ball modern defenses are almost forced to play a defacto 3rd starting CB, practically eliminating the role of the traditional SS.

Well according to this, Mays's stock is falling. I think it's very likely Mays will fall to us. Probably past us.

Agreed.

And Kaz, Zimmer spoke about Roy Williams just the other day and made it pretty clear he WON'T be returning due to health and coverage concerns. Furthermore, he went on to say with opposing offenses almost overwhelmingly slanted towards passing the ball modern defenses are almost forced to play a defacto 3rd starting CB, practically eliminating the role of the traditional SS.

Zimmer said that? Really? I'd like to read it...

I'm not arguing with you at all...just managed to miss the article somehow.

Last I heard, Marvin was saying they'd really like to get Roy back next season..

To me it sounded like Roy will be back that he's unsigned but Couch Lewis & Zimmer both said they'd like to have him back..I understand Injury concern but the guy will be playing for next to nothing and even if he isn't a starter still can play special teams...so even if we Draft SS and hes 3# he still could earn his keep.

PS,As for Mays to Each their own I still think Plenty of teams would be happy to have him in 14-20 Range with Seahawks seeming very likely who could use a Safety...More so since he'd Rejoin Pete Carroll

Damn at Iupati getting that much Attention :| Seems like he'll be gone at 21#

» Zimmer has expressed interest in keeping his two starting free agents, safety Roy Williams and defensive tackle Tank Johnson, but the offense has to decide on the future of two aging but key locker-room leaders in right guard Bobbie Williams and tight end Reggie Kelly. Since he was signed from the Eagles as a free agent in 2004, Williams, who turns 34 next season, has started all but two games and both playoff games. Kelly, a month shy of 33, is coming off a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Williams followed Zimmer to Cincinnati last season and impressed before a recurring injury to the forearm he broke in 2008 put him out four of the first eight games and on injured reserve for the final eight. But Williams indicated late in the season he felt good enough to play and is looking forward to this season.

I don't think Zimmer would be saying he wanted Williams back if he really didn't want him someone who is close and was also a Paul Bearer for his wife...Will he maybe get cut because of better talent? Possible But I see him atleast getting a chance to compete.

One game

Fair enough Kaz. In fact, I did see a few moments where he looked great, he just made some very Bengal-like mistakes (holding, etc.) but I really like the idea of taking a guard in the first, and if he's the best one there (which I still think he is) then I would be 100% sold on him being the pick in the first.

My initial "wasn't impressed" comment was too simple and kind of a rush to judgement. I posted that after only watching him play a couple series at right guard, and once he switched over to left guard, he looked worlds better. There were a couple run where he walled off the tackle and then got to the second level and got a LB, and he looked great. Just some of the holding penalties worried me because that's familiar stuff that we dealt with all season.

Kaz, you're other boy, Mays, missed a tackle early on but after that looked reeeally good in my opinion. I don't know if he falls to us, but if so, that's another pic I'd be pretty damn happy with. The thing that worried me about him the most just from hearing about him was his ability in coverage, but he looked good there to me.

Also, with the rest of this draft, I would love Mardy in the second, and I love that he wants to be a Bengal, but I don't see us landing him in the second unless we trade up. It would be awesome, but sounds a little far fetched. Reshad Jones would be a great value safety in the third, I like that pick.

Ya seem mardy being a stretch more so since Desean Jackson kinda made people think hey this guy is pretty small but still can play...

Mays I hope people are questioning him so he falls to us Because with his physical tools Would be a nice weapon for Defense...Now if we could get alittle more Passrush :| Need start researching undersized but Speedy defensive Ends

Ya seem mardy being a stretch more so since Desean Jackson kinda made people think hey this guy is pretty small but still can play...

Mays I hope people are questioning him so he falls to us Because with his physical tools Would be a nice weapon for Defense...Now if we could get alittle more Passrush :| Need start researching undersized but Speedy defensive Ends

Agreed. I think Brandon Graham would be interesting but I don't see that happening that early. I also expect Mike Johnson to really break out next season, so hopefully him coming on more would fill that need.

• 2 weeks later...

Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has already said they’d like to re-sign two starters in safety Roy Williams and tackle Tank Johnson. They have to make some decisions on aging starters in right guard Bobbie Williams, who turns 34 the third week of the season, tight end Reggie Kelly, who turns 33 in two weeks, and fullback Jeremi Johnson, who turns 30 the week of the opener.

Most recent bengals.com article.