NJ29's Bengals Only Mock, Version I

NJ29

I'm following Untamed's prediction that we'll get compensatory third rounder for T.J. and fifth rounder for Smith.

1. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - 5'11" 197 lbs.

Tate is a tough, competitive receiver who goes up and competes for the ball despite his size. In that aspect he reminds me of Steve Smith. I think he'd be a great addition for the offense, but he would be more effective if they could also add a veteran receiver with some size via free agency (possibly a guy like Malcolm Floyd.)

2. Chad Jones, S, Louisiana State - 6'3" 230 lbs.

Jones is a playmaker and a ballhawk, and he is a fantastic open field tackler. He can hit, not quite like Taylor Mays, but he also doesn't miss easy ones the way Mays does. We've had some bad experiences with guys who can hit but can't necessarily take in the open field on a consistent basis (Ndukwe, Marvin White). He really is a great open field tackler and a real smart guy that would be perfect for this defense.

3a. Sergio Render, G, Virginia Tech - 6'3" 313 lbs.

A future replacement for Bobbie who can take his time getting developed and slowly ease his way into the lineup.

3b. Colin Peek, TE, Alabama - 6'6" 255 lbs.

A big, blocking tight end to pair with Coffman, who will hopefully be ready to play next season.

4. O'Brien Schofield, DE, Wisconsin- 6'3" 248 lbs.

He's undersized, but he's a great natural pass rusher who's very athletic.

5a. Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn - 6'0" 175 lbs.

A guy with the athleticism and ball skills to play the nickel.

5b. Daryll Clark, QB, Penn State - 6'3" 232 lbs.

Eh? I don't know. Seems similar to a Tim Tebow pick that people were talking about but with a lot less risk involved. I'd certainly prefer him to J.T. O'Sullivan.

6. Freddie Barnes, WR, Bowling Green - 6'0" 206 lbs.

You can't deny the guy's production, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him here.

7. Hunter Lawrence, K, Texas - 6'0" 187 lbs.

Kicker is an obvious need.

We Can't get a 3rd for TJ because he was over 30/31 Which means you get a Maxium of a 5th (See Alex Fanica) But Coles would Cancel him out anyways no?Contract Size wise we should get 3rd or 4th for Stacey but Since he was injured/benched hard to say

As for the Draft Another one I like alot and would be Happy with but no 7th round Complaining! Like how everyone is going different position in the 1st round hehe...

4. O'Brien Schofield, DE, Wisconsin- 6'3" 248 lbs.

He's undersized, but he's a great natural pass rusher who's very athletic.

Glad Some people Agree that we Need a Speedy Pure Passrush to pair up with Michael Johnson,That Having abunch of elephants well effective at times doesn't make for a constant passrush.

Like I said in my mock, I think there are many ways we could go in the first round and as opposed to last year where most knew OT was going to be the pick at #6, it will be a crap shoot this year.

Which is nice because Spots we can use it's not like omg were Screwed if we don't fill this position...Makes the Draft much more interesting not knowing haha.

I think a lot of it depends on how stuff falls in front of us. I think my first preference would be a guy like Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant, but I don't expect either guy to be there.

I think a lot of it depends on how stuff falls in front of us. I think my first preference would be a guy like Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant, but I don't expect either guy to be there.

You would think one of 3 Safetys would last to 21 Being Ed Reed made it to 24...But there are alot of bad Secondarys so Ya I could see them all being gone but still could see one slipping in our laps either way I would be happy with your selections ^_^

Again I would like to get some CB depth a little earlier and I love the Freddie Barnes pick. I think he is one of the best overall WR's in the draft and will fall because of the small school stigma.

Still hoping to fill the TE spot with a vet FA signing, instead of another rookie.