USC Hires Lane Kiffin

Really ?? I thought Del Rio was a lock for that spot. I also thought Kiffin had more time on his contract at UT.

Was it really up or were they ok with him leaving I wonder ??

Either way, I don't really care, but think Carson won't be talking to much about USC football this coming season.

Kiffin has to pay $800,000 to break his contract with UT. No official word yet, but I'm assuming USC will pick up the tab.

He's left that program in a complete mess in terms of recruiting...

I think it's kind of ridiculous how college coaches can just end their contract whenever they want. The Universities have to honor the contract they signed, why don't the coaches?

Well, the $800,000 thing was worked into his contract by UT, so it looks like the University had plenty of control over the situation when the deal was first signed. It even discusses in detail how long Kiffin has to make the payments and that he has to do it in 36 installments of x amount of dollars, etc.

He's left that program in a complete mess in terms of recruiting...

I guess it sucks to be them. :lmao:

Getting Ed Orgeron back won't make many headlines, but IMHO he's the key to USC remaining at or near the top. He's one of the best recruiters in the business, often described as Pete Carrol's secret weapon, and the Trojans talent advantage was never the same after he left.

EDIT: Check that, because Ed Orgeron is making headlines already...by instructing any recruits who don't want to stay at Tenn to skip class their first week....thereby allowing them to transfer, presumably to USC, without sitting out a year.