Bengals have the 21st pick in the draft

icehole3

I guess I miswrote what I was attempting to say - Palmer choked like the rest of them. He came out throwing off target, and continued to look jittery and uncomfortable. The protection was not terrible, but not great - and like I said my issue is not so much with the O-line's performance as it is with Brat's inability to adjust and get him on the move, some quick screens to scott or leonard, etc.

I'm not riding Palmer's jock at all, and I'm always amazed at how quick some people are to jump your ass around here. My point was I think it's a mental issue, not a talent/health issue. I think he can still be that 2005 QB, but he, like the rest of the team, needs work. Again, it was a big-time choke job.

As for Benn, I'm aware he's had the dropsies. I'm just sayin, if he falls because of it and we can nab him a bit later on I'd take a flyer that he gets it figured out and ends up a decent receiver. Just my hunch, having watched him a lot last year. Your hands don't just get crappy in a year...or maybe they do, who knows. I'd take a look at him.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and as for Coles, I still think he was garbage. Dan Coats has caught some passes too, but those are far overshadowed by the drops, crucial fumble, etc. Coles lost a fumble that wasted a great kick return on Sat, dropped a few catchable balls, and that TD catch, though I appreciate the fact he got in the end zone, was about as easy as they come. It's kinda like Shayne - we wouldn't be patting him on the back for making a 28 yard chip shot, and with the dough Coles makes he better catch that ball or it's beyond bad.

But really my point wasn't about Saturday. My point was, we could have gotten most of what we got from him for 27 million out of an undrafted rookie FA like Purify for the league minimum, or at the very least out of someone else a heck of a lot cheaper.

Seems like a nice guy, I'm just saying he was a colossal waste of money and expectations.

Thanks for the info re: being able to dump Coles. Do we still take his salary hit (I know there's no cap, but you know MB's going to be tight with money if we still have to pay him anything, cap or no, next year)? I've never really looked into how NFL contracts work.

Oh and as for Coles, I still think he was garbage. Dan Coats has caught some passes too, but those are far overshadowed by the drops, crucial fumble, etc. Coles lost a fumble that wasted a great kick return on Sat, dropped a few catchable balls, and that TD catch, though I appreciate the fact he got in the end zone, was about as easy as they come. It's kinda like Shayne - we wouldn't be patting him on the back for making a 28 yard chip shot, and with the dough Coles makes he better catch that ball or it's beyond bad.

But really my point wasn't about Saturday. My point was, we could have gotten most of what we got from him for 27 million out of an undrafted rookie FA like Purify for the league minimum, or at the very least out of someone else a heck of a lot cheaper.

Seems like a nice guy, I'm just saying he was a colossal waste of money and expectations.

Thanks for the info re: being able to dump Coles. Do we still take his salary hit (I know there's no cap, but you know MB's going to be tight with money if we still have to pay him anything, cap or no, next year)? I've never really looked into how NFL contracts work.

I dont think there would be that big of a hit. Thats why we are going to see a lot of players with huge contracts get dropped like Bob Saunders, Garrard, and others. It is going to be crazy

It doesn't look like there will be a cap in 2010, so all such issues are null and void. There is no such thing as a "cap hit" this year. Teams can do whatever they want.

My prediction is that Coles should be gone -- but since Mikey spent a buttload of money to sign him, will be retained for at least 1 more year.

It doesn't look like there will be a cap in 2010, so all such issues are null and void. There is no such thing as a "cap hit" this year. Teams can do whatever they want.

My prediction is that Coles should be gone -- but since Mikey spent a buttload of money to sign him, will be retained for at least 1 more year.

And thats why we would never make a run for Marshall

I guess I miswrote what I was attempting to say - Palmer choked like the rest of them. He came out throwing off target, and continued to look jittery and uncomfortable. The protection was not terrible, but not great - and like I said my issue is not so much with the O-line's performance as it is with Brat's inability to adjust and get him on the move, some quick screens to scott or leonard, etc.

Agree. but Carson still has to execute. scheme is a big part. Agree.

I'm not riding Palmer's jock at all, and I'm always amazed at how quick some people are to jump your ass around here. My point was I think it's a mental issue, not a talent/health issue. I think he can still be that 2005 QB, but he, like the rest of the team, needs work. Again, it was a big-time choke job.

True, apologies if you took offense, still a bit salty after yesterday. I, myself, don't really care if it is physical or mental. The fact that "it" is a problem is my problem. Lots of golfers lose "it" and while physically fine, it is over. Johnny Miller comes to mind.

As for Benn, I'm aware he's had the dropsies. I'm just sayin, if he falls because of it and we can nab him a bit later on I'd take a flyer that he gets it figured out and ends up a decent receiver. Just my hunch, having watched him a lot last year. Your hands don't just get crappy in a year...or maybe they do, who knows. I'd take a look at him.

they need WR depth. bring back the utah WR, Freddie <blank> and make a decision on Simpson. Coles should be gone. benn, sure, go for it.

only addition that matters is a playmaker WR, like Marshall. Gotta get him.

Which is why this team could easily go 6-10 next year. EASILY.

I'd even give SoP a pass on firing Brat if he went and got Marshall. Fine, whatever, just get him.

I'd even give SoP a pass on firing Brat if he went and got Marshall. Fine, whatever, just get him.

We prob. will go 6-10 or worse next year. Even if we went 12-0, Marvin would rest the starters for the last 4 games and be one and done in the playoffs again. Either way it will be another season of dissapointment. It's an uncapped year, I can almost guarentee it

Wholeheartedly agree. Marshall would be huge. We need another threat, and I think that will make Chad quite a bit better as well, a la TJ's heyday. I'd still be bummed with Brat, but Marshall would almost make it forgivable. Provided they retain Zimmer of course. Ha.

1st post! Anyways i think we should get the best overall player left on the board... And then get the kicker from florida. He always makes it. Always!!! (In the 5th or 6th round of course...)

Topic title updated. Bengals pick at 21. So at least they get the highest pick of any playoff team.

Just saw that on the dot com too...

"With the Packers loss in the NFL Wild Card Game, the Bengals are picking 21st in the draft. The Bengals have had only one 21st pick in history. It was wide receiver Tim McGee out of Tennessee in 1986, their second first-round pick that year. Washington linebacker Joe Kelly went No. 11. "

Topic title updated. Bengals pick at 21. So at least they get the highest pick of any playoff team.

Washington linebacker Joe Kelly went No. 11. "

Who then turned into Reggie Rembert! Who then proceeded to fall asleep drunk in his car on the 55 mph Brent Spence Bridge!

Tim McGee and "Downtown" Eddie Brown were money though.

s**t well the opens up all kinds of possiblities. Earl Thomas may be available!

I just have to say, ouch that sig is painful to look at.

Well, obviously, "You don't know how hard it is to run an NFL team"... :lmao:

Agree, rough...

1st post! Anyways i think we should get the best overall player left on the board... And then get the kicker from florida. He always makes it. Always!!! (In the 5th or 6th round of course...)

Welcome to the Zone !!!

:bengal:

Thanks man!

not in round one, see who slips, hopefully Dez Bryant falls if not grab the TE, Bengals will probably pass on the TE saying something to the effect that they have Kelly coming back.

I agree with that, I'm not sure if he's refined enough to be a first rounder, but I wouldn't mind having him in the second. I don't think there's any way that Dez Bryant falls to us, if he does we damn near have to take him.

I would love Mardy in the 2nd. Is it time to draft and start grooming a qb?

Tebow.

Until ready, he can work in with leonard on 3rd downs.

As I throwup in my mouth a little, NO!

Why with all of the Tebow hate?

He's arguably the best college player in history. Great leader. Great instincts. Hell of an athlete.

He could be a receiver and he could end up being a solid QB.

Maybe I'm just one that looks at intangibles more than stats. I like the way the guy plays the game.

Why with all of the Tebow hate?

He's arguably the best college player in history. Great leader. Great instincts. Hell of an athlete.

He could be a receiver and he could end up being a solid QB.

Maybe I'm just one that looks at intangibles more than stats. I like the way the guy plays the game.

Let's see, average arm strenght with an awkward at best motion that takes forever to release the ball. That takes care of my concerns as a QB.

Average speed and will get blown the hell up in the NFL if he continues to try to run thru everybody that tries to tackle him, there is the running concerns.

The team needs a polished playmaker on offense, not someone learning a new spot, receiving concerns.

Intangibles are good, but actual succes in the NFL usually comes from talent, technique and work ethic. He seems to have 2 out of 3 here.

The last best college player of all time (Archie Griffin) did not really work out to well for the Bengals.

Stay away until at least the second round, draft a playmaker S, WR, D-lineman or O-lineman.