Bengals have the 21st pick in the draft

icehole3

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, with the money we are paying Palmer, what happens with him ?? Next question would be, why tie up the amount of money in a position that you wouldn't expect to have any change in and basically waste a pick ?? That is unless you are thinking Carson is gone. We need a playmaker and Tebow isn't going to be that guy unless Carson is gone. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER NOW...

Unless we want to take Tebow in the first, it's not happening and I can't say that I would want it to.

IMO Tebow will be off the board when Cincy takes their first pick in April.

Jacksonville?

That would be my guess.

Thing is, with the money we are paying Palmer, what happens with him ?? Next question would be, why tie up the amount of money in a position that you wouldn't expect to have any change in and basically waste a pick ?? That is unless you are thinking Carson is gone. We need a playmaker and Tebow isn't going to be that guy unless Carson is gone. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER NOW...

I was thinking of using Tebow as a slot receiver and making a package for him in our scheme. Of course Brat has to be gone for that to happen.

See, we know we need a playmaker, so why take a player and put him in a new position and actually think he's going to give the offense the playmaker it so desperately needs ?? This strikes me as exactly the type of move that smells of desperation...

I can understand that but in my opinion, I think Tebow will be an impact player. I could be wrong but I think he's got IT. It's all a wash as he will probably go in the top 10-15 picks.

Who's the impact player you have in mind?

If the Ravens lose today, we move to 22nd. If the Pats or Cards lose today, it would come down to a tie breaker as they finished 10-6 like us.

If the Packers lose today, they pick after us as well finishing 11-5 on the season.

Balti cooperating, looks like the Pats will lose. Per gbnreport.com we win the opponents w/l % tiebreaker vs. NE so they will still draft after us.

We lose the tiebreaker to AZ, tho. So we draft 22 if they lose, 21 if they win.

That's a great question, but I'll give it a shot on both sides of the ball.

WR- In the first I like the kid Williams out of USC. Many people aren't fans of USC receivers, but the kid can run routes with the best of them and provides another option with punt returns the pro-style offense at USC doesn't hurt either. Maybe LaFell out of LSU as well. In the second, I like the looks of Gilyard, but don't know if he would be there when we pick. I loved Benn out of Illinois last year, but this year he caught a bad case of the drops.

Safety- I can't see Berry getting out of the top 10 and neither should Mays, but if somehow he were to fall due to recent reports about him, he would be a NO BRAINER sitting where we are.

WR- In the first I like the kid Williams out of USC. Many people aren't fans of USC receivers, but the kid can run routes with the best of them and provides another option with punt returns the pro-style offense at USC doesn't hurt either. Maybe LaFell out of LSU as well. In the second, I like the looks of Gilyard, but don't know if he would be there when we pick. I loved Benn out of Illinois last year, but this year he caught a bad case of the drops.

Safety- I can't see Berry getting out of the top 10 and neither should Mays, but if somehow he were to fall due to recent reports about him, he would be a NO BRAINER sitting where we are.

WR - The Syracuse kid in r2.

Safety - r3 the kid from Texas. Red-shirt soph.

r1 should be traded to get Boldin.

I like Boldin, but I don't like his injuries every year.

I like Boldin, but I don't like his injuries every year.

I too like Anquan, but I wouldn't trade for him given his age and injuries.

Well we saw quite a few weaknesses towards the end of the season. One of which is that Carson is NOT one of the elite QB's in the league. How many times have you seen guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, etc. throw for less than 100 yards in a game? Just doesn't happen. Just by watching the other playoff games you can see a hyper-jump from Palmer to the other QB's. With that being said, the answer isn't going to be drafting a QB early in the draft this year.

With the unfortunate death of Chris Henry, the underachievement of Coles, and Simpson unable to step up, there is a huge hole at WR. There is NO big play threat and that will eventually kill the Bengals run offense. I think that somehow the Bengals need to get Dez Bryant. I think he will drop somewhere in the 5-10 range in the draft. I do like Golden Tate (I'm a Notre Dame fan) BUT he doesn't have big play NFL speed. He will go all out to get the ball and make a big play, but he is a great slot receiver at best.

I am not sure if there are any FAs out there that will change my mind about this, but the offense needs fixed fo this team to make he playoffs again next year.

I too like Golden Tate, but I think we need someone like a Harvin or DeSean Jackson who can just make a play every time he touches the ball. I will be intrested to see what Tate can do at the combine.

But I cant stress of how bad we need a SS. Ndukwe should never be allowed on an NFL roster again and Roy looks like he cant stay healthy. Give me a ball hawking safety if a good one falls, but give me a receiver if not

Well we saw quite a few weaknesses towards the end of the season. One of which is that Carson is NOT one of the elite QB's in the league. How many times have you seen guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, etc. throw for less than 100 yards in a game? J

When have Manning,Brady or Brees been on a offense as bad as ours? when have they had brat as a coordinator?

Well we saw quite a few weaknesses towards the end of the season. One of which is that Carson is NOT one of the elite QB's in the league. How many times have you seen guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, etc. throw for less than 100 yards in a game? J

When have Manning,Brady or Brees been on a offense as bad as ours? when have they had brat as a coordinator?

Exactly - for all the blame Palmer is getting, I really don't see it. Saturday's game was, all the way around - from coaches to players (most notably a certain kicker and every WR on our roster) very, very simple: CHOKE JOB. We choked. Palmer came out jittery, throwing high, but after that with no receiver getting open he was still threading in some ropes that should have been caught. I don't think there's anything wrong with him, I think he's completely lost confidence in his receivers aside from Chad (and rightfully so), and with teams knowing our other receivers suck they're just taking Chad away and giving Palmer nothing to work with. Our O-line has done a decent job run blocking, but if you look at the time Sanchez had to throw, and the plays they called to give it to him, vs. Palmer always stepping up in a collapsing pocket, he's lost confidence in both protection and receivers - he's jittery, and as he said "awkward." That doesn't mean it's not a problem - he needs to be able to overcome it - but I don't think it's skill, much more mental. With a new coordinator, another year for the O-line to improve along with an interior line upgrade, and some WRs who can catch the ball...I think Palmer's a pro-bowl QB again. Just as a RB isn't going to look great behind a terrible line with no holes, a QB is going to look pretty crappy when he's got no time to throw, his receivers can't catch the ball, and the coaches can't find ways to adapt what they have in personnel to fix some of the problems. Shoot, Sanchez got his big plays off boots, mostly, what they hell were we doing to give palmer some time? I'll stick with palmer until he loses games for us, and Saturday was very much on every WR who dropped a zillion balls, stupid mistakes on D, and of course our franchise, super accurate kicker who makes 2.5 million to choke like half the rest of the team.

I would go WR, Tate would be great, unless we can get Marshall or someone. Is it possible to dump Coles and his contract? He was the most overpaid, piece of crap player in the league this year. Sure, he blocks and plays hard. Undrafted FAs like Purify do that too. Not 27 million dollar men. That was highway robbery, and I hope we're not stuck with him as our no. 2 again. I'd certainly grab Mays if he's there when we pick, or, god forbid, just trade the f**k up and take Berry, Suh, or to a lesser extreme Bryant if he falls past 10 or so. I also actually wouldn't mind Benn - I think he'll be a solid WR.

I'll stick with palmer until he loses games for us, and Saturday was very much on every WR who dropped a zillion balls...

I hate to tell you but the loss yesterday falls right on the shoulders of Palmer, as equally as it does Graham and the Defense (on two plays).

Palmer mis-threw at least 9 passes, and had the INT. He had plenty pf time to throw...the O-line did a very good job against the jets.

Granted, we can all attribute on target drops to the WR, and I agree, that they do lack (Coles, Caldwell, even Chad). They can cut Coles, and I do think Caldwell will get better.

Palmer is not immune from his responsibility in the loss. Don't ride his jock so hard. It is also his fault they did not win.

Exactly - for all the blame Palmer is getting, I really don't see it. Saturday's game was, all the way around - from coaches to players (most notably a certain kicker and every WR on our roster) very, very simple: CHOKE JOB. We choked. Palmer came out jittery, throwing high, but after that with no receiver getting open he was still threading in some ropes that should have been caught. I don't think there's anything wrong with him, I think he's completely lost confidence in his receivers aside from Chad (and rightfully so), and with teams knowing our other receivers suck they're just taking Chad away and giving Palmer nothing to work with. Our O-line has done a decent job run blocking, but if you look at the time Sanchez had to throw, and the plays they called to give it to him, vs. Palmer always stepping up in a collapsing pocket, he's lost confidence in both protection and receivers - he's jittery, and as he said "awkward." That doesn't mean it's not a problem - he needs to be able to overcome it - but I don't think it's skill, much more mental. With a new coordinator, another year for the O-line to improve along with an interior line upgrade, and some WRs who can catch the ball...I think Palmer's a pro-bowl QB again. Just as a RB isn't going to look great behind a terrible line with no holes, a QB is going to look pretty crappy when he's got no time to throw, his receivers can't catch the ball, and the coaches can't find ways to adapt what they have in personnel to fix some of the problems. Shoot, Sanchez got his big plays off boots, mostly, what they hell were we doing to give palmer some time? I'll stick with palmer until he loses games for us, and Saturday was very much on every WR who dropped a zillion balls, stupid mistakes on D, and of course our franchise, super accurate kicker who makes 2.5 million to choke like half the rest of the team.

I would go WR, Tate would be great, unless we can get Marshall or someone. Is it possible to dump Coles and his contract? He was the most overpaid, piece of crap player in the league this year. Sure, he blocks and plays hard. Undrafted FAs like Purify do that too. Not 27 million dollar men. That was highway robbery, and I hope we're not stuck with him as our no. 2 again. I'd certainly grab Mays if he's there when we pick, or, god forbid, just trade the f**k up and take Berry, Suh, or to a lesser extreme Bryant if he falls past 10 or so. I also actually wouldn't mind Benn - I think he'll be a solid WR.

As far as I could remember Coles led the team with catches and had the only TD last night. Some of the balls thrown to him were thrown behind him(those are hard to catch). He was the only reciever making plays yesterday. Carson is the problem. He needs to study tape of Manning, Brady, and Warner. They do what "elite" Qb's do. They make their receivers BETTER. Carson just cant do that. He used to, but he is just having serious mental issues. I don't know if Slims death just affected him so much it hurt his game but he really wasnt that good before hand.

And you say you wouldn't mind drafting Benn??? If your so mad about our receivers dropping passes you might want to reconsider that one buddy.