30. Jonathan Dwyer* RB Georgia Tech 90

31. Vladimir Ducasse G UMass-Amherst 90

32. Ricky Sapp DE Clemson 90

Looks like Tate, Gresham are in the ballpark

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, Gresham's the best TE in the draft, someone will scoop him up earlier. funny how Taylor Mays has been dropping lately...

on a side note, is Tate speed or possession?

His Injury may hurt his stock though,I think Tate is suppossed be like a Steve Smith type guy...I'd say ask the 49ers what they want for the 13th pick (Figure Seahawks take mays with 2nd pick being that Pete Carrol is the HC and they need Safety help)....Though that will never Happen Tate,Greshem or even Ricky Sapp seem best choices for players ranked 23-32 area...Actually being I didn't see Mount Cody in the top 32 I would have no problem with him at 24.

I don't think #24 is correct, Icehole. Are you sure? I think we'll have a better position than #24 and we'll surely be better than the Jets because performance in the post season does determine draft order. This per Wiki:

Teams that made the playoffs are then ordered by how they performed in the playoffs. The conference championship losers receive the third and fourth to last selections. Next are the four teams who lost in the divisional round, followed by the four teams who lost in the wild card round. Each team is ordered within this primary order by their regular-season record.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they changed the rule about the draft order to where the playoff teams finished in the playoffs, as opposed to their end of season record. For example, even though the Ravens finished with a worse regular season record, if they win today, they will be picking after the Bengals since we lost our playoff game. I could be mistaken and I'm to lazy to go looking.

Ok, here ya go. I'm not as lazy as I was feeling.

/>http://football.about.com/b/2009/03/26/nfl-changes-procedure-for-determining-draft-order.htm

NFL Changes Procedure for Determining Draft Order

Thursday March 26, 2009

NFL owners wrapped up their annual spring meeting Friday by making a significant and much-overdue adjustment to the way the order of selection for the NFL Draft is determined. As a result, beginning in 2010, teams that make the playoffs will no longer be allowed to select before teams that didn't advance to the postseason regardless of their regular-season record.

In the past, the order has been determined strictly by regular-season records with the worst team selecting at the top. The only two teams affected by their playoff performances were those that advanced to the Super Bowl. The eventual winner picked last with the loser picking next-to-last.

Under the new format, however, all playoff teams will be affected by how deep into the postseason they advance. The 20 teams that do not make the playoffs will get the first 20 picks based on regular-season record. The four teams that lose in the wild-card round of the playoffs would then be seeded in positions 21-24. And positions 25 through 28 will go to the four teams losing in the divisional round, again based on their records.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they changed the rule about the draft order to where the playoff teams finished in the playoffs, as opposed to their end of season record. For example, even though the Ravens finished with a worse regular season record, if they win today, they will be picking after the Bengals since we lost our playoff game. I could be mistaken and I'm to lazy to go looking.

I believe you are correct. You need look no further than last years draft where the 32nd pick was Pittsburgh and the 31st pick was Arizona. Their regular season records weren't the best in the league. They were placed there due to their playoff performance.

Sometimes I wonder where folks get the numbers they post on the internet...

So, as of right now, we have the 21st pick with Philly finishing 11-5 and losing yesterday.

If the Ravens lose today, we move to 22nd. If the Pats or Cards lose today, it would come down to a tie breaker as they finished 10-6 like us.

If the Packers lose today, they pick after us as well finishing 11-5 on the season.

There you go...

So we're pulling for Arizona and Baltimore so we can get to that 21st pick.

I think that's the best bet that would put us ahead of the Pats in the tie breaker with them having a better conference record. (I think)

Wait... a few hours ago we were talking about who we wanted to face in the AFC Championship game. Now this?

YES !!

I feel sick.

YES !!

not in round one, see who slips, hopefully Dez Bryant falls if not grab the TE, Bengals will probably pass on the TE saying something to the effect that they have Kelly coming back.

I agree with that, I'm not sure if he's refined enough to be a first rounder, but I wouldn't mind having him in the second. I don't think there's any way that Dez Bryant falls to us, if he does we damn near have to take him.

not in round one, see who slips, hopefully Dez Bryant falls if not grab the TE, Bengals will probably pass on the TE saying something to the effect that they have Kelly coming back.

I agree with that, I'm not sure if he's refined enough to be a first rounder, but I wouldn't mind having him in the second. I don't think there's any way that Dez Bryant falls to us, if he does we damn near have to take him.

I would love Mardy in the 2nd. Is it time to draft and start grooming a qb?

Tebow.

Until ready, he can work in with leonard on 3rd downs.

Tebow.

That would be awesome.

I don't think #24 is correct, Icehole. Are you sure? I think we'll have a better position than #24 and we'll surely be better than the Jets because performance in the post season does determine draft order. This per Wiki:

Teams that made the playoffs are then ordered by how they performed in the playoffs. The conference championship losers receive the third and fourth to last selections. Next are the four teams who lost in the divisional round, followed by the four teams who lost in the wild card round. Each team is ordered within this primary order by their regular-season record.

That's ok. The Jets will just trade over us to get who they want. Just like in 2007 when they jumped us to get Revis and Harris.

Tebow.

I'm dead serious when I think we should look at Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round. Good skill set. He's automatically a backup QB. He's got the intangibles. He's a winner and can add to this team in many ways.

I still don't get the love of a TE in the first. A safety, WR, Guard, DT all make more sense to me. It's like all of a sudden, the TE was the problem with this offense this year. Were they "going" to run more two TE sets ?? Yes, it was mentioned. Would that have made the difference with this season ?? I'm guessing not, since they made it to the playoffs with not a single TE worth much.

Once again. I can't see Kelly coming back and being productive and if all he brings is blocking, they did that just fine with an extra o-lineman this year. So, minus him, Coats, and Utecht. This team needs a FA vet tight end. Put him in there with Foschi and Coffman and they should be fine.

If the argument is getting another playmaker to catch the ball, WR should be the move with the aging guys we currently have in Chad and Coles. Simpson is garbage, the team has zero faith in Purify and all they have after that is Caldwell and Cosby since Henry's unfortunate passing. I wouldn't even mind seeing them go after a WR in FA or make a trade up in the draft to get someone they really want.

TE ?? Not so much...

Tebow.

I'm dead serious when I think we should look at Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round. Good skill set. He's automatically a backup QB. He's got the intangibles. He's a winner and can add to this team in many ways.

I think it would light a fire under Palmers a$$.

Tebow.

That makes a lot of sense. He can also be our Wildcat guy. Why can't we have a Wildcat guy? Everyone else has a Wildcat guy...