Offseason Moves/Priorities/Draft a WR

mgi

More? I don't want a TE very badly in the first place...so imagine how I feel when I see a wounded one emerge as the player most often linked to the Bengals 1st round pick. Are you guys actually trying to piss me off?

Clearly I'm going to have to become a Jermaine Gresham pimp this year, if only for fun. :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More? I don't want a TE very badly in the first place...so imagine how I feel when I see a wounded one emerge as the player most often linked to the Bengals 1st round pick. Are you guys actually trying to piss me off?

Clearly I'm going to have to become a Jermaine Gresham pimp this year, if only for fun. :lol:

That's fair, but if I scroll back and find an old post with you pimping Coffman.....I swear I'll bury you with it.

That's fair, but if I scroll back and find an old post with you pimping Coffman.....I swear I'll bury you with it.

That's a little unfair because Coffman had a bone spur in his ankle that messed this season up. You can't look at the injuries and just rule a prospect out either. We never would have drafted Munoz if that had been the case. You can't tell me you wouldn't like Haloti Ngata, a guy that tore his ACL in college. Or how about Heath Miller? I bet you would rather have drafted him than David Pollack right now. Bottom line for me is, I don't care what position it is as long as they become a valuable contributor for many years to come.

That's a little unfair because Coffman had a bone spur in his ankle that messed this season up.

Are his ankle spurs doomed to mess up this season as well?

Because if it will he never should have been drafted in the first place.

And if it won't, then you're all being greedy by asking for another TE.

That's a little unfair because Coffman had a bone spur in his ankle that messed this season up.

Are his ankle spurs doomed to mess up this season as well?

Because if it will he never should have been drafted in the first place.

And if it won't, then you're all being greedy by asking for another TE.

I think Coffman could be a valuable contributor next year on passing downs, but I don't think he'll be able to start in the offense we have. I guess you would rather have another season of Coats, which is what will happen if we don't find a tight end that can replace him on first and second downs. I just think it would be nice to have a tight end that could block and catch. Maybe then we could mix in some passes when we run an unbalanced line.

That's just it though, Marvin has already said the unbalanced line will be used less, if at all, come next year, so that line of thought shouldn't be in the top 3 of directions to go in. Why wouldn't anyone think Coffman won't be ready for next season, minus his ankle still being jacked, which it shouldn't be ?? Furthermore, why do you think it would take him two years to pick up the blocking schemes of this offense. I'm serious when I say his injury was the biggest hinderance to his season this year, not his inability to learn.

Couple that with his prolific pass catching abilities and it's simply not smart to consider using our first round pick on another TE coming off a season ending injury himself. Just how I see it and like I said before, this team doesn't need to get younger at the TE position. What it needs is a vet that can come in and be a solid player. Who that is, is beyond me right now though...

I would be fine if our TE's next year end up being Kelly, Coffman, and Foschi. I really don't see TE as a need.

I would like those TE's as well. If Kelly is not phsyically able to make a comeback than go get a veteran blocking TE, another rookie TE is not going to help as much as a ball-hawking S, possesion WR or interior O-lineman would.

I would be fine if our TE's next year end up being Kelly, Coffman, and Foschi. I really don't see TE as a need.

I would like those TE's as well. If Kelly is not phsyically able to make a comeback than go get a veteran blocking TE, another rookie TE is not going to help as much as a ball-hawking S, possesion WR or interior O-lineman would.

Or a pass rushing DE.