The Shayne Graham Thread

rwjcgc

I have tried to be supportive of Shayne Graham. But after the 2006 debacle that cost us the playoffs, and now this...

II mean, it wasn't only the two chip shot misses on FGs, but what the hell was the deal with the 2nd half kickoff thatmade it only to the 42 yard line?

The dude cannot handle pressure.

I have a feeling we wont see another post from BengalSIS.

If we do, she better have her hat in her hand. Her brother sucked donkey balls today.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to be supportive of Shayne Graham. But after the 2006 debacle that cost us the playoffs, and now this...

II mean, it wasn't only the two chip shot misses on FGs, but what the hell was the deal with the 2nd half kickoff thatmade it only to the 42 yard line?

Same here. Funny, I was over a friend's for the game and when they lined up for the first FG I told him: Graham chokes under pressure, watch, he'll miss.

When they lined up for No. 2, I said he'd miss again.

I've defended Graham too, but no more.

Backhanded props to the front office for not paying him top dollar on a long-term deal last offseason. The tag ended up being cheap.

I have no issue with BengalSis. She has always come to defend her brother and give some good insight that maybe the average fan doesn't get.

That being said, the only insight that could possibly be given for missing 2 FG's the franchise should hit in his sleep during the playoffs is:

CHOKE and UNACCEPTABLE

Hate to say it, because I actually think the world of Shayne as a person and will always wish him luck, but I'm simply done.

Bye Shayne...

Same here. Funny, I was over a friend's for the game and when they lined up for the first FG I told him: Graham chokes under pressure, watch, he'll miss.

Backhanded props to the front office for not paying him top dollar on a long-term deal last offseason. The tag ended up being cheap.

You have defended Graham knowing that he sucks. What does that say about you?????

Did Shayne lose the game with his misses ?? No, but those misses are unacceptable by any account. Good snap, good hold, but shanked each time.

Technically he didnt lose the game you're right, BUT, if he makes the 1st FG (35 yarder) at the end they are only down 24-17, which means when the Bengals got down inside the 10 with like 3 or 4 minutes left, they wouldnt have thrown it every down, and been in such a hurry. I firmly believe Cedric Benson could have punched it in with 2 or 3 runs from inside the 10. BUT they needed 2 scores, so they had to pass, not waste the clock, and hurry. That first FG ended being a huge miss, but the dude couldnt redeem himself with another try, and thus blew any chance of a comeback.

Goodbye Shayne. Probably the worst pressure kicker I can think of. The killer is he's so reliable and accurate most of the time, so you fall in love with him and think you've got something. Until you really really need a kick, then you get one - right in the balls. Adios, I think I hear Aunt Bea calling you for supper.

He sucks. Period. He cost us too many games. Exited to see who they get next year.

I say call up 105 year-old Morten Anderson, get him out of the nursing home. i'm sure his leg is STILL better than Graham's.......

.......Hell, at this point, I'd even take one of the Gramatica midgets over Graham....wait...maybe not....but it would be close.

You have defended Graham knowing that he sucks. What does that say about you?????

No, craphead, I defended him when he got sh*t for missing because of bad snaps. Tonight, that wasn't the case. My bad for actually watching the games. :rolleyes:

No, craphead, I defended him when he got sh*t for missing because of bad snaps. Tonight, that wasn't the case. My bad for actually watching the games. :rolleyes:

Once again, you prove to be a complete joke. Many of the members (including you) that are now crying and demanding that Shayne be cut, because he ruined your weekend, defended him tooth and nail when other members dared to question his ability to hit clutch kicks. You were big man when his sister was on the board, all the while knowing what he really is, which is joke like you. If you are going to continue to post your cr*p, can you at least believe what you are posting?

Once again, you prove to be a complete joke. Many of the members (including you) that are now crying and demanding that Shayne be cut, because he ruined your weekend, defended him tooth and nail when other members dared to question his ability to hit clutch kicks. You were big man when his sister was on the board, all the while knowing what he really is, which is joke like you. If you are going to continue to post your cr*p, can you at least believe what you are posting?

I think you are missing his point Jet. I think he as well as others (myself included) have defended Shayne when it was appropriate to do so (see bad snaps, hurricane winds, whathaveyou). If you were to go back and look at posts regarding Shayne, you will find plenty of criticism when it came to those kicks he muffed or when he has had GREAT difficulty with his kickoffs.

BengalSis HAS provided information that the normal fan isn't necessarily aware of and has been given the opportunity to present that without getting kicked in the face. She hasn't gotten that on other boards, which I don't think is a knock on this board, rather showing for the most part, how we are able to actually listen to what most members bring to this board.

All that being said, there isn't ONE Bengals fan that should somehow NOT be allowed to voice their displeasure with Shayne today, based upon arguments of the past. That's just silly. Shayne was miserable yesterday and should be gone because of it. Not because of him personally, but due to his inability to do the single job he's paid a great amount of money to do and costing us at the very moment we needed him to do it the most.

Just my thoughts on it with no personal attacks...

You were all swinging from Opie's bag,

I agree you are the expert on Shayne's sack.

Jet23, give all of us a break. Thee was very little, if any, blind defense of Graham's miscues.

When things were his fault, he was slammed. When it was snaps or holds, those were slammed.

I think you are confusing your forums....

I think you are missing his point Jet. I think he as well as others (myself included) have defended Shayne when it was appropriate to do so (see bad snaps, hurricane winds, whathaveyou). If you were to go back and look at posts regarding Shayne, you will find plenty of criticism when it came to those kicks he muffed or when he has had GREAT difficulty with his kickoffs.

BengalSis HAS provided information that the normal fan isn't necessarily aware of and has been given the opportunity to present that without getting kicked in the face. She hasn't gotten that on other boards, which I don't think is a knock on this board, rather showing for the most part, how we are able to actually listen to what most members bring to this board.

All that being said, there isn't ONE Bengals fan that should somehow NOT be allowed to voice their displeasure with Shayne today, based upon arguments of the past. That's just silly. Shayne was miserable yesterday and should be gone because of it. Not because of him personally, but due to his inability to do the single job he's paid a great amount of money to do and costing us at the very moment we needed him to do it the most.

Just my thoughts on it with no personal attacks...

I have never had a problem with his Sister. She defends her brother, who wouldn't? I never agreed with him getting the Franchise Tag, because he has never been a complete kicker. His overall accuracy numbers can not be questioned. But, his kickoffs and clutch kicking certainly can. The biggest risk of going with a rookie kicker is if he can kick in the clutch. To me, there was no risk, because I already knew Graham couldn't.

what the hell was the deal with the 2nd half kickoff thatmade it only to the 42 yard line?

I'd love to know. I couldn't tell if it was an attempt at a pooch onsides kick, or if Shayne completely muffed it.

Naturally, the crack NBC announcing team provided no analysis whatsoever.

That was awful, and pretty much wiped out a lot of post-halftime momentum or enthusiasm, at least for the crowd. I still don't know what that was, apparently a screwed-up pooch, or squibbler that never squibbed. You just can't do that, and how many has he kicked out of bounds this year? 2, 3?

what the hell was the deal with the 2nd half kickoff thatmade it only to the 42 yard line?

I'd love to know. I couldn't tell if it was an attempt at a pooch onsides kick, or if Shayne completely muffed it.

Naturally, the crack NBC announcing team provided no analysis whatsoever.

That was awful, and pretty much wiped out a lot of post-halftime momentum or enthusiasm, at least for the crowd. I still don't know what that was, apparently a screwed-up pooch, or squibbler that never squibbed. You just can't do that, and how many has he kicked out of bounds this year? 2, 3?

yes, awful.

on that note, NBC gave us no insight as to Jeanty's injury, Caldwell's or Coles. Nor the Jets CB who walloped himself on the sideline. NBC is usually better than that, but that was CBS-esque. Theismann sucks homeless dicks.

I was at the game yesterday and watched Shane Graham single handily lost the game for the Bengals. Two missed easy field goals. In my option, it would have been a totally different ballgame. Especially when the Bengals had the ball with 7 + minutes to go (and Shane missed another field goal). We would have been down by 4 instead of 7. Going for a game winning drive... Shane Graham has to go... period!