Palmer: No boos

bpepper

Just watched Palmer's press conference today - in response to what the fans can do to give home field advantage: "Hopefully no boos. That would be nice for once. Boos do not help us win football games." It's pissed me off all year, because there's no way to qualify it with "BOOO....BRATKOWSKI'S PLAYCALLING). It just screws with the player's heads. It's playoff time, so I'd echo the sentiment: Anyone who's going to the game - quit booing, start cheering, get the players fired up because I want to see a win. And slap anyone you see booing.

I understand why the boos are coming, and largely agree. But there's no way to boo brat alone, and like it or not he's our coordinator for the playoffs, so let's just try to win.

I cheer until my voice is gone.

But if we are getting shut out in the second half. I may be a bit perturbed.

Grow up Carson. You make millions...Deal with it.

Players get booed in every stadium. Even Pittsburgh Its the NFL. We dont cheer good effort. Results Carson...Results

And another thing - You throw an interception for a touchdown. The boos are at you. If we go three and out 4 times in a row and there are 7 reverses run in that time, its against Brat.

Actually every single boo on offense is at Brat. Every single boo on Defense is at Zimmer. Every single boo is at Marvin. Its their jobs to fix the problem.

I will boo false starts if its more than 4 of them. Im telling you now.

But I repeat. I will not have a voice after the game. Im actually starting to get pumped up already for the game.

Carson seems to be getting a little whiny and not liking Cincy anymore. Thats his second comment in a week.

Carson is right. People haven't been booing because they actually know a damned thing. They're booing because they crave a passing game that just isn't going to come. Man up fans and keep cheering when the going gets tough.

PBS sucks ass too often, and it has everything to do with the people in the stands.

Carson is right. People haven't been booing because they actually know a damned thing. They're booing because they crave a passing game that just isn't going to come. Man up fans and keep cheering when the going gets tough.

PBS sucks ass too often, and it has everything to do with the people in the stands.

You have to really do some stupid things to deserve boos at a home playoff game, Carson's just being a bit of a whiner and not owning up to the fact his offense can't even get lined-up or snap the ball properly half the time.

Don't do that HS crap and you don't have to worry about booing, period. I would hope the crowd will be on top of things when they need to be loud - they usually are here, it's just happens so infrequently, you don't remember it. Of course not having your QB and budding WR knocked out of the game on the 1st play from scrimmage helps.

I think its a cheering stamina issue at PBS. Just are completely out of shape. I will do my best to make sure everyone around me is up the entire game. But in past games its been hard. Very passive croud. But I think itll be rocking for the playoff game saturday. Itll be loud.

I have never booed the bengals at a home game and probably never will.

However, with the constant delay of game penalties and the head coach continually having to burn timeouts because his QB is unaware that the play clock is about to hit zero, situation like that are understandable and deserve boos. That sort of crap is not accpetable with a veteran QB. At least not at the rate it has been occurring this year.

However, with the constant delay of game penalties and the head coach continually having to burn timeouts because his QB is unaware that the play clock is about to hit zero, situation like that are understandable and deserve boos. That sort of crap is not accpetable with a veteran QB. At least not at the rate it has been occurring this year.

AS I think about it. I think I only booed once this year at the game. (maybe coats or foschi fumbles lost against houston)

But I hear myself booing in my head loudly a lot.

You have to really do some stupid things to deserve boos at a home playoff game, Carson's just being a bit of a whiner and not owning up to the fact his offense can't even get lined-up or snap the ball properly half the time.

Don't do that HS crap and you don't have to worry about booing, period. I would hope the crowd will be on top of things when they need to be loud - they usually are here, it's just happens so infrequently, you don't remember it. Of course not having your QB and budding WR knocked out of the game on the 1st play from scrimmage helps.

I agree in principle. Many of the boos have been deserved. The thing that rings true is "boos don't help us win football games" - they may be well-deserved boos, but I'm willing to bet they only accelerate the confusion/problems by reducing confidence, giving the players something else to think about, getting them rattled, etc. So boo all day in your heads, but I figure at this point, where it's do or die and we're no longer going to have any effect on what happens to the team if they lose - let's just go all out and cheer them all the way through. If they make some stupid mistakes, there's no sense piling on and making it worse.

I think its a cheering stamina issue at PBS. Just are completely out of shape. I will do my best to make sure everyone around me is up the entire game. But in past games its been hard. Very passive croud. But I think itll be rocking for the playoff game saturday. Itll be loud.

Your damn right it's going to be loud. Saturday game? Tailgating until 4pm? No work on Monday?

I remember the 2005 playoff game and it was deafening.

Obviously, I'm very rarely negative when it comes to matters of my favorite NFL team, but I think it's every fans' right to boo (or not boo) their team. It happens to every team in the league, and not just in Cincinnati. Bengals fans are some of the most diehard fans in all of sports and are starving for a winner. Carson Palmer is one of my favorite football players of all time, but I think he's being a tad bit sensitive to the subject of being booed. The Bradys, Mannings and Warners of the world have undoubtedly had there share of boos, and they've all brought World Championships to there respective cities.

We as fans should all expect to see a high-quality product on the football field each week, as we are the reasons that many of these owners and players see income on a yearly basis that most of us will not see in a lifetime. In a similar sense, none of is high-five the fry guy at McDonald's when the fries are cold when we get our orders. Some of us complain to the manager/owner or ask for a refund/replacement. On the flip side, many others just accept whatever we're given, although we've paid our hard earned cash for it, and simply hope it's better the next time. Each has their individual discretion in matters such as this, and NFL fans shouldn't feel a certain negative way if the owners, players and coaches whom they support are offended by our response to our dis-satisfaction with the product that we've paid for.

I'm not saying I'll boo on Saturday, but if the game looks like last week, I wouldn't be surprised or angry if the guy sitting next to me does.

Earlier in the season we would be winning a game & run the ball twice in a row and people would boo even when we gained 3-4+ yards per run...It's fine if it's called for but if it's not shut your yap & Support your team...

PS,Swear Cinci has one worst home field advantages when it comes to crowd noise do we really need to make it worse?

Any fan can do what they wish but look at it this way.

If you boo during the season you are saying "we don't like your play, get better." Hopefully, as we boo the coaches make adjustments (or so we think).

Why boo during the playoffs if the team gets eliminated if they lose? It serves no purpose.

Balls to the wall. Be as loud as possible. Don't boo.

We as fans should all expect to see a high-quality product on the football field each week, as we are the reasons that many of these owners and players see income on a yearly basis that most of us will not see in a lifetime. In a similar sense, none of is high-five the fry guy at McDonald's when the fries are cold when we get our orders. Some of us complain to the manager/owner or ask for a refund/replacement. On the flip side, many others just accept whatever we're given, although we've paid our hard earned cash for it, and simply hope it's better the next time. Each has their individual discretion in matters such as this, and NFL fans shouldn't feel a certain negative way if the owners, players and coaches whom they support are offended by our response to our dis-satisfaction with the product that we've paid for.

I don't buy that argument.

Show me something we as fans have paid for that says, "You have just bought your right to a winning team". Then, maybe I'll come around. Of course you can make the argument for tax dollars, etc., but that's just life. Booing at the stadium on Sunday (or Saturday) isn't going to fight that battle for you.

As a fan, I want to see my team succeed and I have yet to find any connection between booing the players and on-field success. Sure, I get frustrated, but I understand that the players and coaches are feeling the same way and that my "input" isn't going to do anything to fix the situation. Cheering and crowd support on the other hand, I can get behind.

If you're dissatisfied with the team, and feel that changes must be made, then hit them where it hurts...the wallet.

Here's my interpretation of what Carson is saying. "We know we screwed up. You don't need to remind us or our coaches." and "Let's keep it positive."

It's probably something he didn't need to say. Hopefully people will get behind the team on Saturday and put all the other issues aside for the day. It's what we have been begging for since 2005 so let's enjoy it.

Bring it Loud and Proud, I always say.

WHO DEY!

I live precisely 3 miles from where Carson played HS football.

This area is the environment some have seen on Real Housewives of OC. Today it was 74 degrees. It is idyllic.

When I hear Carson whinge about Boos, I think this is a guy who would take issue if his Wahoo's Fish Taco's didn't have the right amount of Cilantro.

In other words, when he says these things, he shows his wuss-azz upbringing and the easiness of the world he developed within.

Note to CARSON: In a geography where for two centuries the Ohio river was the primary thoroughfare of commerce, a place where unemployment currently hovers at 12% and the upside of life is having the girl at Skyline forgot to add your two extra coney's to the check is a good night, whining about Boos, even mentioning Boos, shows a distinct and utter lack of a thing called spine and for a 30 year old man who make multiple millions to play football, you need to grow some NADS and digest your station in life and the blessings you have, and realize you've got the world by the AZZ.

NADS.

You only have three timeouts in a half. You can't use on everytime Brat gets the play in late, which happens more than three times a half it seems.

Here's an idea: Don't give them a reason to boo, and you won't have to worry about it.

I agree. Palmer should do his best to make sure that doesn't happen... I look at a young guy like Sanchez and I admire the way he plays the game. He's intense. Palmer, I love you, but man the f**k up, we play like garbage sometimes. The fans are letting you know. I wish you would stop being so damn still all the time, loosen up. Palmer looks like a stiff board out there sometimes.

Here's an idea: Don't give them a reason to boo, and you won't have to worry about it.

I agree. Palmer should do his best to make sure that doesn't happen... I look at a young guy like Sanchez and I admire the way he plays the game. He's intense. Palmer, I love you, but man the f**k up, we play like garbage sometimes. The fans are letting you know. I wish you would stop being so damn still all the time, loosen up. Palmer looks like a stiff board out there sometimes.

You don't think he's trying as hard as he can? Are you seriously questioning his passion, desire, or commitment to winning? If not, then I guess you're complaining because different people have different personalities?

But kudos to you fans for letting the team know when they aren't doing well. It's quite a service you're rendering there.

You don't think he's trying as hard as he can? Are you seriously questioning his passion, desire, or commitment to winning? If not, then I guess you're complaining because different people have different personalities?

But kudos to you fans for letting the team know when they aren't doing well. It's quite a service you're rendering there.

Any time.

The Bengals will definitely know if I am happy or not. Its not a service though. I pay to be there. The players get paid to be there.

See, when they dont do well they still get paid. Then they leave the Bengals then trash the team. I am a Bengal fan for life. Im not like Boomer Esiason who now trashes his old team. I hope Carson doesnt go the same route.

I have every right to show my displeasure in the product I paid for. And no one cheers louder than I do at the game.

When boos show up at the game - The game is pretty much lost anyway. If I boo this Saturday - The game will be out of reach and the Bengals will have played like they did this past week.(A game by the way which is been described as embarrassing)

So Skyline - You arent gonna boo at all this Saturday when you are at the game if the Bengals are getting beat 40-0 with 20 penalties?

The only time I've noticed fans booing is when they're run multiple running plays in a row that go absolutely nowhere. At the Lions game, they were doing that. Yeah, we were winning, but running on 3rd in long and basically giving up on the possession is not what I paid to see. There's a difference between trusting your defence and depending on them to win the game for you. We have a good defense, but it's not going to win us games. The offense needs to score points and they're not going to do that running on 3rd and long.

I don't know what percentage of 3 and outs this is, but I've also been fed up with is ending up in 3rd and long and not converting because the running plays on first and second down went nowhere. We need balanced play calling. Especially if the box is loaded with defenders.

When the fans are booing, I would hope the Carson is just as disappointed in the play calling as we are.

So Skyline - You arent gonna boo at all this Saturday when you are at the game if the Bengals are getting beat 40-0 with 20 penalties?

At the game? I wish. Anyone want to spot me a ticket? :P

That said, I've never uttered a boo at a sporting event and I never will. I simply don't see the point. You'll see me groan or get upset when something bad happens, but that's just a natural spontaneous response that the players share in equally. I won't then continue to boo and rub it in. The players get that they screwed up. They aren't happy about it. Really.

As a side note, I've never argued anyone's "right" to boo. I only argue that fans don't have a "right" to any specific outcome or result.