Reds V. Brew Crew

xjjeep90

Miley doesn't seem to be the man anymore. :(

Bull. What do you expect out of Miley when he has the 25th best payroll in a league of 30. I think the man should be given a 5 year extension... he's been in the Reds farm system for a ton of years and should be given a chance to win instead of being set up to fail -- which he hasn't done YET!

Good start with Wilson.. It looks like Dunn is getting better defensively at first.

Yeap, Dunn can really pick it over at 1st

He never used to be like that.. he was very suspect at first for a few years.. I'm happy he looks like he's improving.

Your correct he was, but now he looks real comfortable over there.

** oh no **  :(

What's that for? The Reds actually won tonight, and picked up a half a game on the Cards!

Things got a little hairy in the 7th.. I was getting a little worried about a big time inning... thank god White knocked down that line drive or that would have been another run...

Nice win, yet another reason to sign Wilson to a deal asap. If he keeps this up and wins 15-17 games hes gonna be out of our measley little price range. Do it now!

Do you ever get worried if we do sign him to an extension, that he turns out to be Jimmy Haynes-ish? He had a decent season in 2002, and never again.

Probably not, because I think Wilson has far more talent and is coming into his own pitching-wise, but that always concerns me.

I'd give him, Castro, Miley an extension right now and consider Lidle -- wait till mid-second half of the season to determine.

I do worry about that. But to me, there are differences. Wilson was at one time the #1 pick overall in the draft. Granted, hes a much different pitcher now than he was then because of injuries. I think you should sign him to a 2 year deal with a club option for a 3rd year. He make 3.5 this year and should command about 5.5 or more with the year hes having. But if you wait and let him get on the open market, well, you wont get him.

I do worry about that. But to me, there are differences. Wilson was at one time the #1 pick overall in the draft. Granted, hes a much different pitcher now than he was then because of injuries. I think you should sign him to a 2 year deal with a club option for a 3rd year. He make 3.5 this year and should command about 5.5 or more with the year hes having. But if you wait and let him get on the open market, well, you wont get him.

Yea, I hope we re-sign him.

I think we should resign both Wilson and Lidle. Lst year we didn't have a pitcher get to 10 wins and this year we probably wil have a few(Wilson,Lidle) and I think we should resign those.

Id rather try and trade Lidle, Reds manegment has already shown they probably cant afford to sign both, and Id take Wilson over Lidle.