Official Bengals @ Jets Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to see the Texans at all, i think they could be the toughest wild card team. In fact i dont think the Bengals can beat them, they are to good of a screen team, and the Bengals struggle against that. Ill be curious though as to see what Marvin will do tonight.

Win and face Texans. Lose and face Jets.

In either scenario, they need to take care of business. That Houston team is not the same without Owen Daniels.

Very true i forgot that he is out, but they still have a good screen game, and if Shaub is on target he is as good as any QB, i think this team found that out earlier this year.

Look, the last Houston game was weird. Bengals were emotionally spent after the Vicki Zim funeral on the previous Tuesday, their preparation was a bit off, and they lost Odom early in that game, if you will recall. And with all that, were still up at halftime before a lot of the emotional stuff caught up with them. They were also playing that one coming off AT Browns, homes Steelers, AT Ravens.

I'm just saying, IF they were to beat the Jets tonite, I think they can take Houston.

We haven't seen a prime time game in a little while as Bengals fans. Collinsworth's presence in the booth might help a bit to lessen the chances of uninformed, dated bullcrap infecting all the conversation. The focus is likely to be on the team's resurgence, Henry's death, and everything Jets.

Well, I haven't started one all year, so let's see how my luck is.

Of course, I'm not sure whether I want them to win or lose. I actually think I prefer the Jets to the Texans.

Just great.

No matter what happens, it will be your fault.

Look, the last Houston game was weird. Bengals were emotionally spent after the Vicki Zim funeral on the previous Tuesday, their preparation was a bit off, and they lost Odom early in that game, if you will recall. And with all that, were still up at halftime before a lot of the emotional stuff caught up with them.

I'm just saying, IF they were to beat the Jets tonite, I think they can take Houston.

Agreed. And that's not to mention that they were coming off of three straight division wins that went down to the wire. 14 seconds left against Pittsburgh. Final play of overtime against Cleveland. 22 seconds left against Baltimore.

The team was spent. I think a lot of us saw the Bengals struggling that day against Houston.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, not just one Playoff game, beat the Jets. Heck, they have a chance of hosting the Championship game.

Agreed again. The Pats could get to the AFC Championship round without surprising anyone. If we're there too, let's make sure it happens at home.

Of course, I'm not sure whether I want them to win or lose. I actually think I prefer the Jets to the Texans.

Just great.

I've been married for 20 years, so I'm used to it.

Just great.

I've been married for 20 years, so I'm used to it.

This is our seventh season on this forum together. I would agree, it will definitely be your fault.

Guys, this game is going to be cold. I live in NY and the windchill is 5 degrees with 36 mph gusts. How does this weather affect the way we approach this game? I kind of don't want to see Palmer with the wind and frigidity. My vote is to make someone else wear down Larry Johnson.

Guys, this game is going to be cold. I live in NY and the windchill is 5 degrees with 36 mph gusts. How does this weather affect the way we approach this game? I kind of don't want to see Palmer with the wind and frigidity. My vote is to make someone else wear down Larry Johnson.

Doesn't matter whos playin QB we will run run run run run and play good defense...Good to hear about the chilly weather since sanchez doesn't have good success in the chill