Week 17 Late Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh can still get in if Oakland, KC and Cincy win.

Not sure what the scenarios are for the Bengals to get the 3 seed at this point.

I think they win and they would get it. But if they lose they would be tied and lose on strength of victory. The only thing that would change is first round opponent depending on the late games.

http://sports.yahoo....thm=yahooranker

So what are the advantages, in this case, of a #3 vs #4 seed again? 2 home game vs 1?

I've yet to really look into it.

The only clear advantage at this point would be if the Bengals and Pats made it to the Championship game. In that case it would be in Cincy.

We have to win to get the 3...AND

We could face Denver OR Houston OR Pitt.

Denver MUST win and Baltimore MUST lose for us to face Houston.

If Denver loses and Baltimore wins, we face Houston.

If both Denver AND Baltimore lose, we then face Pitt.

Thanks!

We have to win to get the 3...AND

We could face Denver OR Houston OR Pitt.

Denver MUST win and Baltimore MUST lose for us to face Houston.

If Denver loses and Baltimore wins, we face Houston.

If both Denver AND Baltimore lose, we then face Pitt.

Thanks!

If both Denver AND Baltimore win, then we face Denver.

Plenty to consider, when it comes to deciding just how far to press versus NYJ.

I'd rather face Denver, myself. That wya, our path goes: home v Denver then on the road at SD. The other side of the bracet can brutalize each other: Bal at NE, then winner goes to Indy....

This sets up my fantasy outcome....I get to go to SD and watch Cincy win, and then NE coming to Cincy....

Now, if we win, and KC and OAK win, we get Pitt. If Oak and KC win, and we lose, we get NYJ, again.

Big PI call leads to a Donks TD.

Good final week of football. Lots of close games.

Jeez, everyone moaning about indy is now ancient history. what a load of whiners.... I wonder if those whiners will insult and complain about Caldwell/Polian if Indy wins the SB? Idiot fans.

If Denver wins, does marshall get to play in the playoffs? McDaniels is a twerp.

I think this team would do VERY well to go apetit to get Marshall. If I am Carson P., I would give up some ching to bring Marshall in. A guy like that could be the final piece of the puzzle.

If Denver wins, does marshall get to play in the playoffs? McDaniels is a twerp.

I think this team would do VERY well to go apetit to get Marshall. If I am Carson P., I would give up some ching to bring Marshall in. A guy like that could be the final piece of the puzzle.

The Bengals will have to give up something substantial to get B-Marsh. The Broncos will likely slap him with a tag forcing any suitor to give up at least a first. The Jets tried to get him before they made the move for Braylon. Denver wanted David Harris in return and the Jets said "No way!"

The Bengals will have to give up something substantial to get B-Marsh. The Broncos will likely slap him with a tag forcing any suitor to give up at least a first. The Jets tried to get him before they made the move for Braylon. Denver wanted David Harris in return and the Jets said "No way!"

I'm pretty sure Marshall will be an RFA if there's no cap next year. No need to tag him, just give him the top (1 and 3 compensation) tender.

Denver would be fools to do that to marshall.

If I were the NYJ's, I'd invest heavily in O-line, to keep Sanchez alive long enough to adapt to the pro game. I'd also sign a vet QB, Clemens does not cut it. Maybe a guy like Garcia or Kerry Collins.

NYJ has a bright future, as I feel NE is on the decline.

Oh, and also, Baltimore missed the kick to end the half. HA!

OK I think this is correct!

If we win:

Denver Win / Balt. Win:

(6) Denver vs. (3) Cincinnati

(5) Baltimore vs (4) NE

Denver Loss / Balt. Win:

(6) Houston vs. (3) Cincinnati

(5) Baltimore vs. (4) NE

Denver Loss / Balt. Loss

(6) Pittsburgh vs. (3) Cincinnati

(5) Houston vs. (4) NE

If we lose: