derekshank

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man does this team miss TJ and Henry.....wow

No doubt, but Palmer could work with what he has, if he had any time to throw at all, or if his lineman weren't getting pushed directly back into him from all sides every passing down. It's more than just "crappy WR's." He's not being protected at all as the season wears on.

The o-line hasn't played great, but I would actually blame Carson more so than them. Or Bratkowski for not calling ONE SINGLE pass over 15 yards in an attempt to stretch the defense. I saw a couple of times today when Carson moved out of the pocket when it was completely unnecessary to do so. Dan Coats and Foschi just cannot continue to be our leading receivers. 92 yards passing. Ridiculous. I just hope we can get it together before the playoffs so we don't get absolutely embarrassed on a national stage.

FRUSTRATED...

Crappy game, obviously. Contrary to what I am sure the naysayers on Bengalszone will be saying all week, the Bengals are better than that. The Vikings got their butts kicked and then rebounded. The Bengals are capable of the same. I just wish they didn't have to go straight out to San Diego. It doesn't get much tougher than that.

I actually contest your assertion re being "better than that". When you commit 11 penalties, on the road, against a very very good opponent, then, no, you are not "better than that". You are what you are: A talented team that has limited offensive options and plays with poor discipline, committing an unspeakable volume of penalties.

The offense is definitely limited, but we already knew that. Where we're better is on defense. I certainly don't blame the defense for this loss, but they did play more poorly than they have most of the time this season.

we are 5/6 players away from being a very good team. we were beaten by a decent team today,( and ourselves of course!) who took advantage of our weaknesses.

we will not go far in the play-offs( if we get there) playing like we have for the last 4 weeks or so (or last 13 for the offence...)

play like that and we may not even win the division....

Bratkowski needs to go...seriously, enough is enough...tired of saying it...

Yeah, that's the problem... :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with poor QB play, and so on...

Dude. Carson had no time in the pocket.

I have to disagree with this sort of there were times when Palmer had no time, but when he did have time his recievers could not get open. He not very accurate right now, and the recievers are not helping out at all. Palmer had less then 100 yards today, and he should thank his WR today. Just a bad showing. Its been there all year, i just put in the back of my head because they were winning, but after today im done defending them. I thought there was some talent, but i guess not. TJ please come back!

Yeah, that's the problem. :rolleyes:

When Carson wasn't running for his life, he was searching frantically for open receivers who never appeared.

Pong, you ignorant slut....

You simply don't get it, do you? It is not Carson, or the WR's, per se, it is what they are being asked to do.

Brat does not run plays that work to the strengths of the WR's, he makes the WR's try to execute over their head. it is simple mis-management of his resources.

Dude. Carson had no time in the pocket.

I have to disagree with this sort of there were times when Palmer had no time, but when he did have time his recievers could not get open. He not very accurate right now, and the recievers are not helping out at all. Palmer had less then 100 yards today, and he should thank his WR today. Just a bad showing. Its been there all year, i just put in the back of my head because they were winning, but after today im done defending them. I thought there was some talent, but i guess not. TJ please come back!

hate to say, but we do miss his ability to actually catch the ball!! Coles should at least be able to do that, but apparently carson doesn't even look in his direction any more. what does that tell us??!!!

Offensive play calling and execution was horrible. Bratowski needs to go

Welcome to Bengalszone gray.

You gotta love when a newcommer's first post is FIRE BRAT....lol

Well ya got to say something.

Yeah, that's the problem. :rolleyes:

When Carson wasn't running for his life, he was searching frantically for open receivers who never appeared.

Pong, you ignorant slut....

You simply don't get it, do you? It is not Carson, or the WR's, per se, it is what they are being asked to do.

Brat does not run plays that work to the strengths of the WR's, he makes the WR's try to execute over their head. it is simple mis-management of his resources.

I dont want to argue with you im just as upset as everyone else is, but how can you say its not the wrs or Palmer. The WR cant get open i dont know if its they cant run the routes or they just cant get open. If you watch Palmer his throws are just not there like they once were. Now i will say the o-line was not as sharp, but Palmer did have some time today, and when he was on the move he couldnt even find anyone open.

Brett Favre was under lots of pressure today, and his WRs were blanketed all day, and yet he still managed to make some plays and keep drives alive.

Most NFL QBs will make at least some plays during the course of a game, just by accident. Palmer didn;t even try to throw the ball downfield.

Brett Favre was under lots of pressure today, and his WRs were blanketed all day, and yet he still managed to make some plays and keep drives alive.

Most NFL QBs will make at least some plays during the course of a game, just by accident. Palmer didn;t even try to throw the ball downfield.

Probably cause everyone was covered? :mellow:

Most NFL QBs will make at least some plays during the course of a game, just by accident.

Meh. In that game, under those circumstances -- I'm not at all convinced. And you're right, Favre faced many of the same problems Palmer did. Credit him and his pass receivers for pulling plays out of their butt a little more frequently.

we are 5/6 players away from being a very good team. we were beaten by a decent team today,( and ourselves of course!) who took advantage of our weaknesses.

we will not go far in the play-offs( if we get there) playing like we have for the last 4 weeks or so (or last 13 for the offence...)

play like that and we may not even win the division....

A Healthy Peko

A Healthy Safety

A Play Making WR to go with chad

A Tight End not named Coats on the roster

A Pass Rushing End to go with MJ vs the small DT's we like to start (280lb + DE's

Another Offensive Linemen Bobbie is at the end of career and Carson needs more time to throw.

Our 6th overall pick to actually get time on the field

5-6 sounds about right :P